What is our best starting 11? (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

I think we need to get back to basics but at the moment could you name our best starting 11??

This is a problem Thorn, Shaw and i guess Robins will have and at the moment that's a worry!

I don't know myself what is our best 11 which is also a worry!

What do you think?

FRY-CCFC

Murphy
Christie malaga edge/wood reckord
Jennings barton/henderson
Moussa fleck macca/baker/noble lazarus (if we sign him)
Mcgoldrick/cody

PVA

Murphy

Clarke - Wood - Brown - Reckford

Jennings - Barton

Baker - Fleck - Moussa

McGoldrick​

Greggs

Murphy

Clarke - Willis - Cameron - Reckford

Jennings - Henderson

McGoldrick - Fleck - Moussa

MacDonald

SkyBlue_Bear83

-----------Murphy
Clarke--Brown--Cameron--Reckord
---------Thomas--Henderson
--Baker--------Fleck---------Moussa
---------------Mcgoldrick

This is assuming the new signings are better than what we have tbh

stupot07

-----------Murphy
Clarke--Brown--Cameron--Reckord
---------Thomas--Henderson
--Baker--------Fleck---------Moussa
---------------Mcgoldrick

This is assuming the new signings are better than what we have tbh

That's a very young team

20--19--20--20
-----18--21
--29--20--23

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's a very young team

20--19--20--20
-----18--21
--29--20--23
Because all our experienced players are shite, could play Wood/Kilbane/Sheff/Bell to add experience but do any of them deserve to play at the moment?

Having said that you are right, I sometimes forget that players like Cameron and Clarke are still young as they seem to have been around the first team for a while now since they were 17. Need to add some experience at CB an CM but I am not convinced Wood and Kilbane are the players to do this

stupot07

Because all our experienced players are shite, could play Wood/Kilbane/Sheff/Bell to add experience but do any of them deserve to play at the moment?

Having said that you are right, I sometimes forget that players like Cameron and Clarke are still young as they seem to have been around the first team for a while now since they were 17. Need to add some experience at CB an CM but I am not convinced Wood and Kilbane are the players to do this

It's easy to forget how young they are, especially when you consider Henderson made his professional league debut on Saturday at the age of 21, and the likes of Thomas, Clarke, Christie and Cameron were playing first team football at 17/18.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's easy to forget how young they are, especially when you consider Henderson made his professional league debut on Saturday at the age of 21, and the likes of Thomas, Clarke, Christie and Cameron were playing first team football at 17/18.
Yea ideally you would have Wood and Kilbane in there for their experience but there performances don't seem to warrant a starting place at the moment, in fairness can say the same about most of the squad

FinchyNo1

Murphy
Clarke - Cameron - Wood - Reckford

Thomas - Jennings
Fleck Baker
McDonald - Mcgoldrick

IMO we have to play with 2 up front

tanchahal

For Oldham I'd take a bit of risk and play this
Murphy
Willis Cameron Malaga Reckord
Christie Thomas Jennings Moussa
McGoldrick McDonald
Bench: Dunn Edge Kilbane Fleck Elliot

Bugsy

For Oldham I'd take a bit of risk and play this
Murphy
Willis Cameron Malaga Reckord
Christie Thomas Jennings Moussa
McGoldrick McDonald
Bench: Dunn Edge Kilbane Fleck Elliot

i would personally have fleck instead of thomas and baker pushing christie but good team overall, willis was excellent against brum..

Last edited:

Astute

Leave out any player that does not give 100% effort. They will soon learn that they must give everything every game. If not then get rid of them.

Woz01

GK Murphy
RB Christie
LB Reckord
CB Wood
CB Malaga
CM Henderson
CM Thomas
RM Fleck
LM Moussa
ST Mcdonald
ST Mcgoldrick

davebart

I would call it the least worst team.

If you are suggesting youth I guess you are likely to get it right. Youth means cheap players and balanced books.

I would like to see a settled side. I do not hold with this squad rotation bollox. It allows everyone to get away with playing only as well as the worst player in the squad,

Murphy
Christie, Malaga, Wood, Hussey
Baker,Barton,Kilbane
McSheffery, McDonald, McGoldrick.
Chrsite is a lot more agile and is a better attacking full back. Malaga has been great ion defence this season and i see him as the new Keogh. Woody has bene like a rock this season. Brown has been awful so he needs to go back to United. I was majorlly disapointed by Fleck on saturday. Sheffers was our top scorer last season and Cody and McGoldrick could work well together, so a front 3 could rake in the goals

Black6Osprey

Now we have brought Bailey in thats Fleck pushed out for me so I go with

Christie--Brown--Malaga--Reckord
-------------Jennings-----------------
Baker--------Bailey----------Moussa
--------Elliott----McGoldrick---------

I realise we havent seen Bailey yet but I've heard about him before and he did really well at Derby until he broke his ankle so should be good. There is no point bringing in Reckord unless you play him and I know about Moussa anyway so he should do well (as long as he's fit). Obviously the Arsenal loanee will play instead of Jennings I suspect, cos of his injury, so he could get the job if he does well.

Just got to sort the centrre of defence for me which is still crap and a better option upfront to go with McGoldrick as I dont think Elliott or Cody are the long term answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread