What if ACL go back and accept the CVA, we get back 10p penalty and get promotion? (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

Les Ried has not tweeted since 17/8, but his last words were...

:pimp:

Nick

Administrator
Surely a bit too early to start talking about promotion even with the 10 points back?

Kingokings204

To quote ACL "A revised CVA is the bare minimum we would accept" now why would they ask for one and reject it? They would accept it now and nothing gained seemingly (to quote Les Reid and i agree) by rejecting it. Yes to the above of its a bit too early even with the ten points back but then I would rather have another 10 points on the board than not obviously. Remember club not yet liquidated so the 10 point deduction can be reversed, simple as that.

skybluejelly

The 10 point deduction is for still being in administration when the seasons starts...so no chance of getting it back

We would currently be sitting in 6th and are the leagues top scorers I believe? 6points from 9 all season would surely see us promoted even with -10? It's a shame we have no chance at all once we come up against some of the more established sides in the league.

Kingokings204

yes agreed the 10 point penalty is for liquidation proceedings but to confirm this hasn't been even started yet by Paul Appleton. Has he a trick up his sleeve to draw up another CVA and get it sorted once and for all and we know know mr fisher wants his points back else we wont get our ball back. (big kid)

grego_gee

The 10 point deduction is for still being in administration when the seasons starts...so no chance of getting it back

Whatever the actual trigger, it seems to me that ACL could say their initial decision to reject was materially influenced by the FL not disclosing the actual reasons for the confusion over the players registrations.
And the FL being responsible for that themselves could be excellent grounds for appeal!

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
When ACL say they would accept a new CVA as the least they expect doesnt mean that they will accept any CVA that is put forward. If it is pretty much the same as the last one it will get rejected in my opinion

First off the reworking of the administration process would be necessary because unless that happens Appleton still has the same amount of money to play with so the offer would be pretty much the same basis. Likely to be acceptable to ACL - No

What ACL would expect would be a complete reworking of the CVA to be based on CCFC Ltd having the contracts and trade. Which would likely lead to a completely different form of CVA. Likely to be reworked from basics ? Not without a legal battle. Certainly not acceptable to SISU/ARVO on that basis

It is not going to be easy or simple - wouldnt hang your hat on getting the 10 points back

Last edited:

grego_gee

When ACL say they would accept a new CVA as the least they expect doesnt mean that they will accept any CVA

First off the reworking of the administration process would be necessary because unless that happens Appleton still has the same amount of money to play with so the offer would be pretty much the same basis. Likely to be acceptable to ACL - No

What ACL would expect would be a complete eworking of the CVA to be based on CCFC Ltd having the contracts and trade. Which would likely lead to a completely different form of CVA. Likely to be reworked from basics ? Not without a legal battle.

It is not going to be easy or simple - wouldnt hang your hat on getting the 10 points back

ACL have no right to expect any improved offer or the complete reworking of the CVA. The original process led to the best offer on the table coming from Otium.

The disclosure after the event of the reasons for the players registrations being where they were would not have changed anything for the other bidders because they always were where SISU & PA had always said they were.

The CVA they were offered initially gave them more money than they would get for rejecting it - so their rejection is entirely perverse! Especially since they knowingly landed the club with a 10pt penalty for no tangible benefit. In fact it cost them money to bless us with that penalty!

ACL can however say that until the FL explained the situation there were other possible explanations that might have had a different implication and they withheld acceptance of the CVA hoping for further examination of the circumstances.

It is still better for both ACL and the Club for the CVA in its original form to be accepted.

If ACL refuse to go down this route it is not exactly conducive to the stance that they try to say they have of working for "the clubs best interests".

We would then not only have them to blame for giving us the 10pt penalty in the first place but also for not taking the opportunity to reverse it!

Last edited:

Si80

No it's not. If we'd have gone another 12 months in admin and started the 2014/15 season then we would've had the 10 points deducted.

This was because of the CVA being rejected and the proposed liquidation of CCFC Ltd.

torchomatic

So what did ACL, CCFC and the fans of the club gain from ACL's rejection of the CVA? What is the "masterplan"?

Si80

So what did ACL, CCFC and the fans of the club gain from ACL's rejection of the CVA? What is the "masterplan"?

It's a game of commercial suicide isn't it on both parts?

ACL have taken the stance that their not willing to accept the CVA and so get a pittance from Otium / SISU as the administration process completes. Whilst in the background they claim that they can still turn a profit without CCFC playing there.

Only time will tell on that one but the re-engineered bailout / loan from the council on the mortgage will obviously have eased their immediate worries about not having CCFC there to some extent.

Then theirs Otium / SISU who have taken a club away from their fanbase in the expectation that the Ricoh will need them before they need the Ricoh.

I don't care that Otium have "proved" funding for the club for years going forwards to the league, it's meaningless. The club will be restricted by the Fair Play rules, not being bankrolled by the hedge fund.

I think that the lack of money coming into SISU will soon hit home and will drive them to either selling up or go grovelling back to the Ricoh / ACL and knowing that they'd get 6k per week and less losses than that which they are incurring now.

grego_gee

Absolutely NOBODY gained anything from the CVA rejection!

MASTERPLAN?
I suppose it is possible that ACL could change their constitution and bid for the club thereby reuniting the club and the stadium.

i wouldn't mind that, maybe council ownership would be one step closer to fan ownership? but then again we don't know what we could expect from a council run club? I think we are shaping up nicely under SISU/PRESLEY we have all the signs of a tighter lean, mean machine!

but I don't think ACL buying out SISU is likely for one minute, they would have to pay SISU or ARVO a proper value acceptable to them. ACL are in no shape to do that and the council are already overexposed with their recent and questionable £14m "investment".

Maybe the council should let go and try to get a good price for the stadium out of SISU?

Last edited:

Kingokings204

I disagree there was one thing not gained from rejecting CVA and that was ACL pride and spite. Pathetic isn't it. Aagin us fans hurt with -10 points for absolutely no reason.

grego_gee

I disagree there was one thing not gained from rejecting CVA and that was ACL pride and spite. Pathetic isn't it. Aagin us fans hurt with -10 points for absolutely no reason.

Well at the time there was talk of opening a route for "further investigation" - but I think the FL disclosure now answers that so the ground should now be clear for acceptance of the CVA to be revisited by ACL to enable an appeal to be lodged (if necessary) against the 10 point penalty!

I would think the FL ought not to have any strong resistance against that!

Kingokings204

Grego_gee I couldn't agree more, finally some sense talking on this post. Pride and spite was the rejection or maybe as you say a further investigation but now its cleared up and an admission has been made then for mine nothing stops a revised CVA being accepted and we all move on and finally fans have some sort of life line as I for one would love 10 points back. Sisu have not hidden they want their 10 points back and ACL have got their admission and some money back. FL would welcome this.Work on SISU out later.

Moff

Its the same old masterplan Torch, squabbling, name calling, falling out and fighting like kids........funny that sounds just like us the fans. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread