What have SISU done for me? (1 Viewer)

John_Silletts_Nose

Most on here have negative comments about SISU but let's look at what they have done for me and educating me on aspects of business and finance.
I prefer talking about football but here are some of things SISU have caused me to understand better:

Finance

• Basic & Advanced Finance Knowledge (Capital/Revenue/P&L)
  • Understanding of Administration & Liquidation and can explain the difference
  • Understand the role of an Administrator and the process of Administration
  • Financial understanding of debt and assets within companies
  • How company reporting and filings work
  • Difference between a hedgefund and a private equity fund
Strategy

• How a customer reliant business can alienate a customer base
  • Importance of Strategic Planning to attain goals (how not to do it)
Marketing

• Marketing is critical to an effective company
- Understand the cores values of the brand/trademark
- Listen to your customer
- Build upon brand loyalty and do not alienate it
Football Administration

• The roles of the Football League and the English FA, specifically:
- Ineffectiveness of the Football League in regulating its own competition
- The Football League appear to have no moral obligation to football supporters
- The Football Association are ineffective in policing aspects of the sport in England
and ...​
Never liked The Ricoh Arena and it is not as loved as Highfield Rd .... but now it seems not too bad after all

I have realised that we have a number of knowledgeable, educated posters on all forums, plus I can almost understand an OSB financial analysis!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

images
The queues for the toilets are a lot shorter?:D

Sky Blues

Most on here have negative comments about SISU but let's look at what they have done for me and educating me on aspects of business and finance.
I prefer talking about football but here are some of things SISU have caused me to understand better:

Finance

• Basic & Advanced Finance Knowledge (Capital/Revenue/P&L)
  • Understanding of Administration & Liquidation and can explain the difference
  • Understand the role of an Administrator and the process of Administration
  • Financial understanding of debt and assets within companies
  • How company reporting and filings work
  • Difference between a hedgefund and a private equity fund
Strategy

• How a customer reliant business can alienate a customer base
  • Importance of Strategic Planning to attain goals (how not to do it)
Marketing

• Marketing is critical to an effective company
- Understand the cores values of the brand/trademark
- Listen to your customer
- Build upon brand loyalty and do not alienate it
Football Administration

• The roles of the Football League and the English FA, specifically:
- Ineffectiveness of the Football League in regulating its own competition
- The Football League appear to have no moral obligation to football supporters
- The Football Association are ineffective in policing aspects of the sport in England
and ...​
Never liked The Ricoh Arena and it is not as loved as Highfield Rd .... but now it seems not too bad after all

I have realised that we have a number of knowledgeable, educated posters on all forums, plus I can almost understand an OSB financial analysis!

Could you add:

Law
- A grounding in the libel laws of England and Wales
- Understanding of EU state aid laws in relation to the leisure industry
- Knowledge of the legal obligations on charities and local government organisations in the holding and disposal of assets
- Understanding of the law as it affects company administration and liquidation procedures
- Experience dealing with the legal requirements for setting up (or re-invigorating) an industrial and provident society (if you are in the trust)

Media
- An ability to analyse print, radio and television media
- Knowledge of how to conduct a media campaign
- An understanding of good and bad public relations strategies

Research
- Can conduct critical analysis of research methodology
- An understanding of the the capabilities and limitations of quantitative research methods, particularly with regard to online polling
- Data analysis expertise

Hobo

Two turkeys don't make a eagle
Donkeys sometimes lead lions

hill83

They've totally fucked up my weekends and the odd Tuesday/Wednesday night. I see some of my mates less, I see my dad less and I drink less.

Sky Blues

They've totally fucked up my weekends and the odd Tuesday/Wednesday night. I see some of my mates less, I see my dad less and I drink less.

That final point might be good for your wallet and your health at least, even if its not good for your sociability... (Trying to look for positives here) :)

Moff

Ive learnt not to play on every fucking word by every fucking person in this shambles as its all bollocks and just ends in daily bitter petty arguments on the site.

I also learnt Chris Coleman was a crap manager, as was Boothroyd, and that Ray Ranson had worrying hair.

I also learnt if you employ a useless clown as a manager that is less effective than a turd you will get relegated.

I also learnt Tim Fisher talks continual tripe, cant keep to timescales...we will buy the land in the next few months, honest.....and that he is just a puppet.
I also learnt that SISU are unfeeling, uncaring, parasites and that this situation cant go on forever. I also learnt that CCC/ACl are also culpable but obviously not to the huge extent SISU are.

I have also learnt that despite not going to home games I love my club as much as ever.

Users who are viewing this thread