What have I missed....... (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Hello All, the purpose of this thread is pretty much summed up in the thread title. I have been, and still am, travelling around the world. I left England the weekend before the Southampton game so I've been away nearly 4 months now. As such I have missed all of the news re CCFC and have not been able to keep updated as I have been in countries with very limited Internet until recently so I have no real idea of anything at all that has gone on during the close season and pre season.

I was hoping for a bit of help here in order to get up to dare with everything that has happened? Both officially and unofficially

Grendel

Your Avatar says all you need to know. The UK one on the left is still our manager.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hello All, the purpose of this thread is pretty much summed up in the thread title. I have been, and still am, travelling around the world. I left England the weekend before the Southampton game so I've been away nearly 4 months now. As such I have missed all of the news re CCFC and have not been able to keep updated as I have been in countries with very limited Internet until recently so I have no real idea of anything at all that has gone on during the close season and pre season.

I was hoping for a bit of help here in order to get up to dare with everything that has happened? Both officially and unofficially
Ins
Stephen Elliott - free
John Fleck - free
Kevin Kilbane - free
Kevin Malaga - free
William Edjenguele - free
Reece Brown (loan)
Callum Ball (loan)

Out
Gael Bigirimana - Newcastle
Richard Keogh- Derby
Sammy Clingan - free
Martin Cranie - free
Clive Platt - free
Freddy Eastwood - free
James Mcpake - Hibs

Deegan was suspended by the club for 2 weeks following a comment he made on twitter

Richard Shaw assistant manager

We lost 1-0 to Nuneaton and have just been spanked 4-1 by Wrexham playing our first team in pre season
:wave:

Nonleagueherewecome

Not much, it's been going great, really! Nothings happened, really..

Nonleagueherewecome

Ins
Stephen Elliott - free
John Fleck - free
Kevin Kilbane - free
Kevin Malaga - free
William Edjenguele - free
Reece Brown (loan)
Callum Ball (loan)

Out
Gael Bigirimana - Newcastle
Richard Keogh- Derby
Sammy Clingan - free
Martin Cranie - free
Clive Platt - free
Freddy Eastwood - free
James Mcpake - Hibs

Deegan was suspended by the club for 2 weeks following a comment he made on twitter

Richard Shaw assistant manager

We lost 1-0 to Nuneaton and have just been spanked 4-1 by Wrexham playing our first team in pre season
:wave:

Pretty comprehensive, but you missed out Jordan's cat! I like the bit where you thought "Hmm, shall I put what Deegan was suspended for? No, I'm not touching that with a 10-foot pole..."

Great_Expectations

Results wise sounds pretty terrible then.

Signings wise not as bad as I feared; firstly because we have actually signed people and secondly one or two of those players are solid enough for league one.

Players we have lost is expected yet still depressing to read. Our centre back pairing being lost is a bug blow in my eyes. Did we get any money for Bigirimana or keogh?

Is there any way of giving details on the deegan tweet without sparking an argument? I'm even more intrigued now!

Has Harrison gone then if shaw is in? I quite like the thought of shaw back, predominantly from a sentimental point if view though I fear. Thorn and Shaw together the lack of experience seems worrying.

What, if anything has happened behind the scenes then? What's the current fans stance on things generally then?

Nonleagueherewecome

1)Did we get any money for Bigirimana or keogh?

2) Is there any way of giving details on the deegan tweet without sparking an argument? I'm even more intrigued now!

3) Has Harrison gone then if shaw is in? I quite like the thought of shaw back, predominantly from a sentimental point if view though I fear. Thorn and Shaw together the lack of experience seems worrying.

4)What, if anything has happened behind the scenes then? What's the current fans stance on things generally then?

1) Both undisclosed but reported as between 1m-500k each with add-ons. Which is daft, as Gael would is a potential £25m player according to some..:whistle:

2) McPake got a NI call-up, and Deegan tweeted his congratulations with "Up the RA!" (and possibly one of these ;) , I dunno..) It was around the day The Queen shook hands with that Guinessy bloke, too...

3) Yup, Harrison has gone, Carsley also promoted to work with the first team. Shaw beat Whelan to the job, who vented all over Twitter to the point where he blew any chance he might have had of getting a striker-coach role.

4) No idea about behind the scenes. Fans vary a lot. People who wanted Thorn out still do; a brief wave of expectation arose based on the signings, most of which not many of us had seen play. A 8-0 win against Hinckley helped. Then we lost the next 4 games to crap sides and people who backed Thorn like me started to waver.

Some think AT should be fired now, but that aint gonna happen!

And something happened after the game tonight involving Jordan Clarke's cat and a lot of shit. He was so mad, he tweeted about it!

Sky Blues

Not once has anyone questioned whether Andy Thorn should be Cov manager while you've been away! :eek:
Seriously though, the fact we were allowed to sign a few players (on frees) gave some hope, as did wins in the first two pre-season friendlies. But it's been going down hill again after that. The signings also prompted lots of what formation/first XI threads. We have got Cat 2 status for the academy (that's good) and the Pompey thread has got to about 70 pages... Nearly everything else has ended up being about Andy Thorn...

Nonleagueherewecome

Cat 2? It was shitty enough with just one of them in the changing rooms..

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, but we need a second one for the Academy so the youngsters know what to expect when they get shoved into the first team! :D

Tsk, and people say SISU don't invest..

Paxman II

I want to know where the hell 'around the world' have you been the last 4 months exactly to not hardly have communication with home?

Great_Expectations

Does sound like a pretty familiar pre season with the tiny bit of hope emerging, usually it lasts till at least a few games into the season though.

I guess the thorn debate has carried over from last season then.

Rumors of any more transfers in or out?

All the hope and rumors of SISU leaving and Hoffman coming in once we got relegated have been proved unfounded as expected then.

South East Asia was a struggle for Internet at times. I had been in contact with home numerous times although Coventry City was not the first thing on my mums mind I'm afraid and my dad updated me with the mere basics in times wr had. Plus I thought the forums would provide a more wide ranging summary into any events I've missed!

Where has John fleck been playing position wise?

Any numbers been released on season ticket sales?

AT is planning on changing our beloved elephant to a cat with shit smeared all over it .Not sure where this fits in but with his proven tactical nous it's a move that will eventually win round the most hardened critic.!

Users who are viewing this thread