What has Steven Pressley ever done for us (1 Viewer)

Porkchophill

After returning from the pre season tour in the summer I came on here to say that I was really impressed with SP and the way he motivated the team and had em playing and im so glad that hes proved my faith in him so what has he done to make us one of the top teams in this division :
I think playing a front 2 forming a partnership and pressurising from the front is a massive part of our success if you don't give teams time to settle on the ball they become unnerved and make mistakes
Getting John fleck fit and making him the lynch pin in midfield he has talent way beyond this division and also forming a strong partnership with Thomas is paying off. we look comfortable on the ball ( more than we have for a long long time )
And team spirit seems very high in adverse conditions that's got to be a credit to the management and coaches

standupforcity

Think you should change your header to 'What Pressley has done for us'....as it is it's misleading. Apart from that, I agree completely.

Gint11

Indeed. I entered this thread to stick up for Pressley reading your thread title.

Jackoskyblue

I had my insults for you all ready after seeing the title I was going to open with dim fishface I think. But yeah he deserves all the praise he's getting it finally feels like the players are performing to what they are capable of rather than just settling 50% effort like it has been for many years. It's a team to finally be proud of

ollyservetta

a let down on parr with drinkell as a player,producing entertaining great footie as a manager along with his coaching staff,.the basis of this club getting back to some glory days ,pity the owners and other twats cant get things sorted ,.the way the squad is performing now is the springboard we need, but I feel it may all be in vain

Warwickhunt

The way the team is playing now can only be good for SISU (OTIUM) in my opinion, its far easier to negotiate when the team is playing so well - it has seemed to have stopped the doomsday merchants that were hoping we would be relegation fodder.

SkyBlueScottie

While he was a bit of a disaster as a player you cant compare him to Drinkell. Drinkell was an established pro, Pressley was a young lad.....

Porkchophill

It was a monty python based thread .title I think we can't under estimate the job SP has done this season the amount of preperation and stats he puts into each match is another key factor in our climb up the table , knowing your enemy is a mighty weapon

Happy_Martian

So if SP is our version of the messiah , who is Biggus Dickus ? :)

No sniggering at the back !!

ccfcrob

When we appointed him I was very disappointed however he has done an amazing job with every limb tied behind his back long may it continue

ollyservetta

While he was a bit of a disaster as a player you cant compare him to Drinkell. Drinkell was an established pro, Pressley was a young lad.....
,agreed ,ive been a bit harsh and he did arrive with a bit of a rep.suppose drinkell and wegerley were more alike ,wegerley never started a game as I remember , and drinkell needn't have botherd

ohitsaidwalker king power

After returning from the pre season tour in the summer I came on here to say that I was really impressed with SP and the way he motivated the team and had em playing and im so glad that hes proved my faith in him so what has he done to make us one of the top teams in this division :
I think playing a front 2 forming a partnership and pressurising from the front is a massive part of our success if you don't give teams time to settle on the ball they become unnerved and make mistakes
Getting John fleck fit and making him the lynch pin in midfield he has talent way beyond this division and also forming a strong partnership with Thomas is paying off. we look comfortable on the ball ( more than we have for a long long time )
And team spirit seems very high in adverse conditions that's got to be a credit to the management and coaches

apart from that...? ;)

Sky Blue Harry H

The way the team is playing now can only be good for SISU (OTIUM) in my opinion, its far easier to negotiate when the team is playing so well - it has seemed to have stopped the doomsday merchants that were hoping we would be relegation fodder.

I think you mean fearing, not hoping. We all want the team to do well. :confused:

J

Jack Griffin

Isn't this sketch more appropriate? It's a Coventrarian Sky Blue Parrot isn't it!

The "Dead Parrot" sketch was inspired by a "Car Salesman" sketch that Palin and Chapman had done in How to Irritate People. In it, Palin played a car salesman who repeatedly refused to admit that there was anything wrong with his customer's (Chapman) car, even as it fell apart in front of him. That sketch was based on an actual incident between Palin and a car salesman.[1] In Monty Python Live at Aspen, Palin said that this salesman "had an excuse for everything". John Cleese said on the same show that he and Chapman "believed that there was something very funny there, if we could find the right context for it". In early drafts of what would become the Dead Parrot Sketch, the frustrated customer was trying to return a faulty toaster to a shop. Chapman realised that it needed to be "madder", and came up with the parrot idea.

Users who are viewing this thread