What happened to the centre back (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

With Willis, Davies & Hyam it's the only part of the team I'm happy with. I'd rather have a new keeper!

Those 3 weren’t exactly that reliable in the second half of last season in the league below were they?

Legia Sky Blue

Those 3 weren’t exactly that reliable in the second half of last season in the league below were they?

You're talking about two matches basically, Yeovil & Lincoln. The common denominator in those games was McDonald who has now gone and who we were right to bin off. I'm quite happy with the 3 we have left. Willis & Davies are a strong 1st choice pairing with Hyam as decent back up. As I said though we are in more urgent need of a keeper.

Willis has been losing a few aerial battles this season, and seems a bit suspect defensively but does look good playing the ball out with his feet. Maybe it’s why he has never had that big move up to the Championship.

Hobo

that was apparently coming in after Rod left?

I am sure there are lots of deals and enquiries we dont hear about...you dont publicise your failures in tbe transfer market do you.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Willis has been losing a few aerial battles this season, and seems a bit suspect defensively but does look good playing the ball out with his feet. Maybe it’s why he has never had that big move up to the Championship.

Willis is pretty small for a centre half, he’s barely 6’0”, but has a good leap on him. Inevitable he will lose a few aerial duels and part of the reason why he’s best paired with a big fucker to do that side of things while he can mop up with his pace.

AFCCOVENTRY

I am sure there are lots of deals and enquiries we dont hear about...you dont publicise your failures in tbe transfer market do you.

Robins said they are close to bringing a centre back in. He said that in the press and it never happened. So we heard about it.

Hobo

Robins said they are close to bringing a centre back in. He said that in the press and it never happened. So we heard about it.

'Close' isn't a done deal though is it and you don't know who it was?

coop

Just seen on sky sports James Collins ex West Ham centre half is a free agent wages will probably be the issue but if you don't ask you don't get.

Users who are viewing this thread