What goal against City has hurt you most? (2 Viewers)

I'll start,

Carlton Cole 93rd min for West Ham in the cup, The round after we beat Man United.

QPR scoring 95th min at HR to win 2-1 last season we played there.

Cant think of any others but there will be loads.

There's been far too many. Of game i've been at; the Top 3 most disappointing for me are:

1) Doncaster's second goal when we lost 2-0 and went down to League One; never felt so crestfallen.

2) Remember being 1-0 up at Hillsborough via Zavon Hines; when in the last minutes Coleman makes a substitution when we are defending a set piece (criminal!) and Isaac Osbourne comes on; Elliott 'Mastermind' Ward decides to congratulate Ozzy for coming on leaving his man (Richard Wood of all people) free to header in a late equaliser. Gutted.

3) Mokoena's goal for Portsmouth in the FA Cup; managed to conceded over the 2 ties in the 45th, 90th and 120th minute.

Last edited:
Jimmy Neighbour for west ham league cup semi final 2nd leg. Knocked us out despite us coming from 2 down to win the 1st leg 3-2 at HR.

skybluetony176

Derby beat United so the result wouldnt of mattered.

thats right, strachan was spitting feathers (and quite rightly) as fergie and smith were old mates, man u had already won the title and put out a 2nd sting team at home to derby who promptly beat them. after we played a fullstrength man u side at highfield road a week or 2 before and battled to a draw if i remember rightly. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

i really hate to say this but david genola came on at half time and turned villa around and it is probably the best 1 man performance i have seen in my life, gutting.

Was that Sheff utd away? I couldn't remember who scored for them, was absolutely gutted after that probably the worst I've fealt after a city game

skybluesam66

Was that Sheff utd away? I couldn't remember who scored for them, was absolutely gutted after that probably the worst I've fealt after a city game

i watched that from inside the east stand - couldnt get a ticket for the match, so they beamed it back to HR
great atmosphere all night......until that goal, and then the penalties

I'm sure they equalised bang on half time and right at the end of the game at HR, just couldn't see us losing the replay after the teams we had already knocked out

Houdi

Yes same for me - that equaliser away at sheff utd in the cup. Has been downhill ever since
Pretty sure we went about 4 to 5 years on the trot of being knocked out of the FA Cup in the last minute.Not sure of exact years.Derby away when we nearly scored in the last minute, had a corner which they then cleared and went straight down the other end to score. Charlton at home after being I think 2 up, and they got a last minute winner. Sheff Utd away with the last minute equaliser, before extra time and penalties. Can't remember the others. Plus a long time back (1970's?) when we lost in the last minute of extra time at QPR.

covcity4life

Yes. The other games went against us on the day.
Probably before your time as a supporter so I'll let you off on this one.

why are you so rude? i just forgot, i been city fan since 91 btw. i didnt even watch motd that night for about 3 weeks, had it on vcr,then when i finally watched it they fucking ruined me with that DIDO song!:(

we will be back..........................honest.

shmmeee

Watching the highlights of the Villa game that sent us down in a pub in Newquay. Pissed as a fart, had to be taken outside because I was shouting abuse at the TV and anyone who'd listen.

Users who are viewing this thread