What do you think is the end game ? (1 Viewer)

Otis

If a mug like me won the Euro Millions, just how much do you think it would take for Sisu to bugger off?

Serious question, if someone with a love for the club, with a big wad of money, or anyone else for that matter, wanted to buy them out how much do you think?

I know silly figures have been bandied about before, but £5-£10m?

If someone offered them that do you think they would take it? The club is pretty worthless at the moment, but then there is the value to them of their letting go of their grip on the club.

Seems like they are just hoping for a couple of miracle promotions to try and get some of their investment back.

How much do you think anyone would need for them to relinquish their hold?

I reckon if I won £20-30 million, I would gladly pay them £10m to get them gone.

Nick

Administrator
While I'm not a fan of doing things via the media if there is someone waiting in the wings to take over the best thing they can do is make it known publically. Tell us how they will sort things out and how they will fund it.

If that happened I'm sure you'd unite the vast majority of the fanbase behind them in putting pressure on SISU to go.

Exactly!

Nick

Administrator
If a mug like me won the Euro Millions, just how much do you think it would take for Sisu to bugger off?

Seriously,if someone with a love for the club, with a big wad of money wanted to buy them out how much do you think?

If someone offered them that do you think they would take it? The club is pretty worthless at the moment, but then there is the value to them of their letting go of their grip on the club.

Seems like they are just hoping for a couple of miracle promotions to try and get some of their investment back.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
I think you need Billions for a football club now :(

Otis

I think you need Billions for a football club now :(
Not the question though, Nick. :)

Didn't they say a silly figure between 40m and 60m when talking about our worth some years back?

How much, if someone offered them hard cash, would be enough for them to leave? :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not the question though, Nick. :)

Didn't they say a silly figure between 40m and 60m when talking about our worth some years back?

How much, if someone offered them hard cash, would be enough for them to leave? :)

Good question.

I believe it was covered on CWR on Saturday and they made the point that for any kind of figure, what would you actually be getting?

There are almost no assets whatsoever. No stadium, no training facility, no academy. What would you be paying for?

For that reason surely the figure has to be a lower amount, and actually therefore more realistic for any potential savior to stump up and come rescue us.

Otis

Good question.

I believe it was covered on CWR on Saturday and they made the point that for any kind of figure, what would you actually be getting?

There are almost no assets whatsoever. No stadium, no training facility, no academy. What would you be paying for?

For that reason surely the figure has to be a lower amount, and actually therefore more realistic for any potential savior to stump up and come rescue us.
Well yep, that's my thinking. The club has little or no real value and it is all about the value Sisu put on it in order for them to leave.

They must be getting pee'd off still being here surely. It's an investment that failed. What is the point of just drifting along?

Surely if someone offered them between 10m and 20m they would go wouldn't they? Cut their losses and run.

chiefdave

Obviously the club has no value but in terms of what it would take to get shot of SISU, and more importantly for them to write off all the debt, I reckon £10m would be close.

Of course the problem is that any new owner then has to pay for a new academy and stadium or face the lack of revenue problem. And even if they do that you have the fact that in the Championship you're competing with other clubs who are happy to lose millions!

italiahorse

So if it is your opinion, why not explain why you think that after going on and on about it rather than calling people SISU lovers for questioning you? What makes you get to that conclusion? Have you seen things in the accounts, heard things? Read things that make you think it?

What I am saying is, don't make stuff up :) I know it must sound good in Anti SISU circles and get everybody all angry and worked up.

I often have opinions, I am also often wrong and I am happy to be corrected ;)

I do explain myself.
Off setting losses elsewhere, hidden management charges and tying themselves into the club so it prevents takeovers at what it's worth.
They are what I believe, but in reality it's all smoke and mirrors in accounting practices. But it won't stop me having these opinions.
They are just taking the pi55 with talk of new stadiums, new academy, new players but on here it's attending a Wasps match is the real problem.

Get some balls and start being constructive, get behind the trust, change personnel if necessary, put yourself up if you can do better, but challenge Sisu, not them or individual fans.

SkyBlueZack

The real problem is a club with no assets and no revenue streams. Potentially no academy either. This has been achieved through previous and current owners of CCFC having no forward thinking and always thinking of the quick buck. Chasing europe to operation premiership.

The council out of spite selling our stadium, and not only that but on a 250 year lease to a London rugby club. This effectively ending any hope of CCFC owning their own stadium and revenue streams. Revenue streams are important, shame as mentioned, previous and current owners didn't realise. Certainly would have saved a lot of grief that has occured.

For our club to have a future and preferably a sustainable one, it needed the Ricoh, it needs the academy. I acknowledge SISU are shit and people are reluctant to deal with them. Thing is the club and it's fans aren't shit and deserve better. Therefore it would of been nice of the council to have give us this respect, SISU won't and never will. Not sure why people expect them too, they have no affinity to CCFC or Coventry. As mentioned above they like previous owners are only after lining their pockets. The council are not supposed to be, they are according to them about a city of culture. Which as NW has pointed out is ironic considering they helped Wasps move here.

You can say Wasps aren't a problem as much as you like Italia, but the fact is they are, just as much as SISU are. While they own the Ricoh and everyone is falling over themselves to help them even at the expense of the football club, they are a problem. Attending and supporting their matches means the problem stays. Just like as people pointed out about Northampton, majority of people didn't go and we came home. As people say if nobody had gone, we would of been home sooner. So yes, I repeat attending Wasps matches is part of the problem.

Bruce the Boot

Blimey its gone a bit of track ! in it ! I asked what peoples thoughts were on Sisu end game ?

Bruce the Boot

you could start a thread on the best Chinese take away in Cov and it would still end up where this thread is!

I suppo0se it just shows that people don't care ! We all just want a fresh start with new "honest" owners

Liquid Gold

You said it was bullshit, even though you can't be certain what keeps them here.
I'm giving my opinion but you are just blindly going out your way to put their case.
In my mind that's defending them.
You calling me a plonker can be taken as a compliment. I'm sure TF would say the same.

You sound like a flat earther. You said you thought that they are taking money out even though it's proven in the accounts and by the accountants posting on here that no money is leaving CCFC. Then when someone proves that you wrong you say they are defending SISU. Then when they explain why they aren't defending SISU just stating facts you say you've presented and opinion and because it's being argued against people are supporting SISU. They aren't mate, they are just telling you the truth a persevering with this nonsense means you look a tool and any criticism for the mistakes SISU have made coming from you is greatly diminished.

Liquid Gold

Serious question, if someone with a love for the club, with a big wad of money, or anyone else for that matter, wanted to buy them out how much do you think?

I reckon if I won £20-30 million, I would gladly pay them £10m to get them gone.

Yeah I think £10m would probably do it but it depends on what happens to the club's debt. If you give them £10m and then agree to take on their debt you're actually paying quite a lot more for the club in the end. Would they take an offer of £10m but being forced to write off the debt, I'm not so sure. Even if they did you'd need to fund somewhere for us to play and somewhere to train our youngsters, you'd have to be mad to buy us in this state.

Otis

Yeah I think £10m would probably do it but it depends on what happens to the club's debt. If you give them £10m and then agree to take on their debt you're actually paying quite a lot more for the club in the end. Would they take an offer of £10m but being forced to write off the debt, I'm not so sure. Even if they did you'd need to fund somewhere for us to play and somewhere to train our youngsters, you'd have to be mad to buy us in this state.
Where do I send the cheque to?

Grendel

Blimey its gone a bit of track ! in it ! I asked what peoples thoughts were on Sisu end game ?

There is no endgame. Drift along with no investors prepared to fund anymore. The club is virtually separate from its portfolio anyway.

It's got zero attraction to new owners. No ground probably soon no academy and a council who have never been helpful whoever has owned the club

Nothing will happen for the foreseeable future. No money is being taken out (there isn't any) it's only staying alive by sales funding the non playing side.

They are here to stay and the dumb antics of the council have assured that for many years to come.

will am i

so will I, the difference is I'll never bend over and lube up for london wasps like you have.
ive never been and i never will and never mention them - no interest in them at all. Have a season ticket for CCFC though. I dont complain when a competitor competes though as that is the nature of business. Do you not think those uber capitalists in charge of CCFC can cope - poor things and I thought they were tough and had a long term plan other than to waste other peoples money and fuck up CCFC. Maybe not or you can explain why you think they have done such a good job.

will am i

There is no endgame. Drift along with no investors prepared to fund anymore. The club is virtually separate from its portfolio anyway.

It's got zero attraction to new owners. No ground probably soon no academy and a council who have never been helpful whoever has owned the club

Nothing will happen for the foreseeable future. No money is being taken out (there isn't any) it's only staying alive by sales funding the non playing side.

They are here to stay and the dumb antics of the council have assured that for many years to come.
Another one of the someone elses fault gang has turned up. If they ask a sensible price maybe they can get a buyer? About £1 sounds right if you take on some of the debt.

chiefdave

Another one of the someone elses fault gang has turned up. If they ask a sensible price maybe they can get a buyer? About £1 sounds right if you take on some of the debt.
So given there are so many other clubs in the country who would purchase an in-debt Coventry City with no ground, nowhere to play home games after next season and no academy after this season for a £1?

italiahorse

Yes, It's all the council fault.
Should have illegally subsidised the poor management of the club and then put the icing on the cake by giving the stadium to Sisu as a gift.
Criticise Sisu ............. if you dare.

Last edited:

Bruce the Boot

Yes, It's all the council fault.
Should have illegally subsidised the poor management of the club and then put the icing on the cake by giving the stadium to Sisu as a gift.
Critise Sisu ............. if you dare.

They would nt have bleated STATE AID then would they !

italiahorse

So given there are so many other clubs in the country who would purchase an in-debt Coventry City with no ground, nowhere to play home games after next season and no academy after this season for a £1?

How much for the name as thats all we are worth ?
Put us into administration (with the players and golden share this time) and lets see who buys us and at what value.

chiefdave

How much for the name as thats all we are worth ?
Put us into administration (with the players and golden share this time) and lets see who buys us and at what value.
So you don't want them to sell the club you want them to put is into administration and get another points deduction. At best meaning we have little chance of promotion, at worst condemning us to relegation.

To all intents and purposes we've already been through administration twice. The process KMPG ran was administration in all but name and we ended up with SISU being the only ones prepare to buy the club. Then ACL forced administration in a weird attempt to force an ownership change and we ended up with SISU again!

But the question still stands, why would anyone who isn't a fan buy a debt ridden CCFC (even if the debt is lower via a SISU write off or administration) with no ground, nowhere to play after next season and no academy? There's can't be a single club in the country that isn't a better option than buying us.

Users who are viewing this thread