What did Parkinson say to Pressley? (1 Viewer)

ecky

What did he say? whatever it was left Pressley fuming and disgusted, i thought he was going to plant a scottish kiss on that muppet after the final whistle...:slap:

Bratfud

I won't repeat what Phil Parkinson said to me after the game -

I honestly think he gave him the ultimate insult by mistaking him for Steve Evans and saying, 'Mr Evans, when did you grow the beard, wont the pies get stuck on the hairs"

Astute

Are all the women in Coventry like Nikki?

ohitsaidwalker king power

Parkinson: "No salt and vinegar on my Fish & chips thanks .....".." oops my error sorry you look just like a guy who works down our chip shop"

Last edited:

chiefdave

It must have been something pretty off for Elvis to react like that, thought he was going to take a swing at him!

ollyservetta

whatever it was, hats of to sp for not taking it further ,he would have as a player ,he is passionate and is dealing with things excellently ,

jesus-wept

I noticed while words were being exchanged Pressley put his hands firmly in his pocket reducing the temptation to lamp Parkinson one which he was probably trying to entice him too do.

Last edited:

skyblueref

Would have been great to see him lamp one. Found his sky interview funny when he said something along the lines of "we dealt well with the aspects of their play. Oh wait they only have one aspect and that's long ball" dunno if anyone's seen the video of the c&w radio interview but Parkinson came out and sarcastically whistled and applauded Pressley. The bloke needs to grow up and learn how to play football!

988YSR

Would have been great to see him lamp one. Found his sky interview funny when he said something along the lines of "we dealt well with the aspects of their play. Oh wait they only have one aspect and that's long ball" dunno if anyone's seen the video of the c&w radio interview but Parkinson came out and sarcastically whistled and applauded Pressley. The bloke needs to grow up and learn how to play football!

They were members in the exec boxes! Parky did come up for interview but them were fans - always happens in sports grounds!

URL]

The media area is directly below the boxes.

Sbarcher

Why should anyone have a problem with "Hoofball"?
If that's how they chose to play, then we or other teams should have a game plan for it. If it suits them, it's their business.
Same thing as having a big, physical side who kick lumps out of you. Not nice to watch but if it gets the results then fair play.

Ashdown1

Rubbish to watch week in week out, although I didn't really have them down as totally route one to be fair, Reid is a good player and poses a threat and if you are playing a guy like Hanson you have to play to his strengths which they did and he did all the damage. City were excellent again, so proud to see them playing the ball so confidently and looking like scoring on every attack.

RoboCCFC90

Saw that on SBP this morning, the tit came out of nowhere but just shows the maturity of the bloke, to square up to SP and say what is obviously a derogatory statement to the point where SP won't say nowt about it is disgusting.

988YSR

Like I said in other game, it's ironic what Pressley said as we struggle with big physical teams, and in 2nd half versus Wolves had lots of possession but no threat. And for some reason we didn't launch the ball in. Normally a set-piece team as Jones showed - at 38, he has a peach of a cross!.

Yeates is a big player who's yet to settle but we're defo not route 1 always. Usually play on the flanks and whip it in.

Vila 2nd leg we were and got found out early, that was enforced as they were all over us.

Against Wigan it was mostly route 1, but second half passed them off park.

Because our defence is so shite at the moment, there's not enough solidity to dally in the middle of the park. And we desperately need a ball carrying CM.

988YSR

Saw that on SBP this morning, the tit came out of nowhere but just shows the maturity of the bloke, to square up to SP and say what is obviously a derogatory statement to the point where SP won't say nowt about it is disgusting.
That could just as easily be a smokescreen by Pressley. He's got that tartan rage in him. Always liked him and Hartley.

RoboCCFC90

That could just as easily be a smokescreen by Pressley. He's got that tartan rage in him. Always liked him and Hartley.

What gain would Pressley have in making all that up? Pressley doesn't need to make excuses for yesterday we had 2 errors and a goal that was offside among with another 50 contentious decisions from the officials!

It's funny that also the camera man said "Oi" as well in the background before the applause, to indicate someone who shouldn't have been there was.

covcity4life

pressley said whatever parking said would get him in to trouble...big trouble.

racism maybe? you jock bastard etc

Hobo

Handbags. Pressley alluded to a remark which he chose not to repeat, saying it would get another manager in trouble. Perhaps he felt the punishment wouldn't fit the crime or just thought it was post match hot air and not a true reflection of the bloke.

Pressley played out his own gamesmanship in the interview.

From my point of view I'm glad we have Pressley not Parkinson. Rather play our style of football than Bradford's.

borderlescott

From my point of view I'm glad we have Pressley not Parkinson. Rather play our style of football than Bradford's.

There is no denying you play a more attractive brand of football than us. However, you have better quality in your squad than us.

If Parkinson was Cov manager, do you think he'd still rely so heavily on route 1?

Is he a died in the wool long ball merchant or is he doing the best with what he's got at Bradford?

If Pressley was Bradford manager, would he play long ball through Hanson? I think he would, just as our last three managers also did!

Hobo

There is no denying you play a more attractive brand of football than us. However, you have better quality in your squad than us.

If Parkinson was Cov manager, do you think he'd still rely so heavily on route 1?

Is he a died in the wool long ball merchant or is he doing the best with what he's got at Bradford?

If Pressley was Bradford manager, would he play long ball through Hanson? I think he would, just as our last three managers also did!

Haven't mentioned long ball or anything about died in the wool long ball merchant, your words not mine. On other posts I have criticised our defence for not dealing with two long punts. My overall summery was it was an entertaining game, I thought we were going to hang onto...but I had no complaints about the result.

If you think we have more resources, I don't think you realise how many of our players are just breaking into the first team from youth level.

Users who are viewing this thread