What car do you drive? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What car do you have right now -whether it's an old banger or new one - Put a pic up! (For security reasons, try not to show reg numbers!)

This is mine: Citroen C4 Picasso Exclusive. I love it!

Citroen C4 Picasso.jpg

Marty

I have a Corsa on an 03 plate. pritty good car really, never had any major problems with it.

TheRoyalScam

Bought a new Mazda RX-8 last September - one of the last RHD models made - goes like shit off a shovel, but drinks petrol like I drink alcohol!

egastap

I have an Infiniti I35. I know you don't have them over in the UK, but as Toyota has a Lexus luxury car, so too does Nissan with their Inifiniti luxury brand and also Honda with their Acura line-up in North America. Don't know why Nissan and Honda never upped their line-up over there though. FYI. Honda were the first to bring out a luxury version of their brand back in 1991 I believe.

Just recently got rid of my 1967 muscle car, the Chevy Nova SS.

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

I have an Infiniti I35. I know you don't have them over in the UK, but as Toyota has a Lexus luxury car, so too does Nissan with their Inifiniti luxury brand and also Honda with their Acura line-up in North America. Don't know why Nissan and Honda never upped their line-up over there though. FYI. Honda were the first to bring out a luxury version of their brand back in 1995 I believe.

Just recently got rid of my 1967 muscle car, the Chevy Nova SS.

Haven't seen many in England yet, but check this out: http://www.infiniti.co.uk/shopping_tools/dealerlocator.html

Cobi Jones's Dreads

P1010636.JPG

Houchens Head

How come my pics only come out as tiny bloody things??

bamalamafizzfazz

I have a piece of shit 2001 Seat Ibiza. It has had three new clutches and two replacement gearboxes! The electrics are fucked too which affects the air conditioning, central locking and the stereo.

I have had it since Jan 2008 and its been a nightmare. I don't want to post a picture as from the outside it looks pretty smart and its not a true reflection of the quality of the car.

I intend on upgrading within the next 12 months and have always fancied a Merc proabably a C class about 5 years old or something.

Regis87

Houchens Head . Why didn't you tell us you were our FA cup winning captain . Welcome to sky blue talk Brian

Disorganised1

I drive at 1995 Nissan Largo

Houchens Head

Houchens Head . Why didn't you tell us you were our FA cup winning captain . Welcome to sky blue talk Brian

Damn! I just KNEW it was a mistake putting that pic of me up on SBT! I can just see all the comments coming! Thanks guys! ;) LOL!
Those were the days when blokes went into the barbers and actually asked for a PERM and HIGHLIGHTS!! :laugh: I was soooo cool! :guitar2:

egastap

Haven't seen many in England yet, but check this out: http://www.infiniti.co.uk/shopping_tools/dealerlocator.html

Brilliant RoyalScam, brilliant. The versions you will get in the UK will be, I'm sure, made in Japan, which mine is. Some of the newer models in NA are built in the States which gives a lower quality rating. My son is a Master Mechanic for Infiniti/Nissan and Infiniti's are built with an expected warranty cost built in of only $400, which is about 280 quid....amazing cars! Have had mine for 5 years now and get 35 miles to the gallon from a 3.5 litre (265 bhp) engine. The new engines, which are bored and stroked to 3.7 litre get 315 bhp. Sorry to be so technical, so discard this info if you find it irrelevant. Anyway, thanks again for your factfinding.

rob9872

Land Rover - solid family car. My days of the BMW are now behind me until I have my mid-life crisis in a few years :)

TheRoyalScam

Brilliant RoyalScam, brilliant. The versions you will get in the UK will be, I'm sure, made in Japan, which mine is. Some of the newer models in NA are built in the States which gives a lower quality rating. My son is a Master Mechanic for Infiniti/Nissan and Infiniti's are built with an expected warranty cost built in of only $400, which is about 280 quid....amazing cars! Have had mine for 5 years now and get 35 miles to the gallon from a 3.5 litre (265 bhp) engine. The new engines, which are bored and stroked to 3.7 litre get 315 bhp. Sorry to be so technical, so discard this info if you find it irrelevant. Anyway, thanks again for your factfinding.

Sounds like a good marque to me - I will be checking them out now! My brother-in-law drives a Lexus, but I think the Infiniti looks classier. Interesting that the models made in Japan are rated higher quality than the NA ones - mine was made in Hiroshima, and the build quality is 100%. I always fancied an RX-8 and it's a great car to drive, but I only get just over half your mpg from the 1.3 litre rotary (232 bhp). I must say I've been very impressed with Mazda UK, and the dealership I bought the car from too....zoom zoom!

egastap

Sounds like a good marque to me - I will be checking them out now! My brother-in-law drives a Lexus, but I think the Infiniti looks classier. Interesting that the models made in Japan are rated higher quality than the NA ones - mine was made in Hiroshima, and the build quality is 100%. I always fancied an RX-8 and it's a great car to drive, but I only get just over half your mpg from the 1.3 litre rotary (232 bhp). I must say I've been very impressed with Mazda UK, and the dealership I bought the car from too....zoom zoom!

I had a tour of the Mazda/Ford Flat Rock, Michigan plant recently. Mazda and Ford seem to have some great quality coming out of this plant. Still not quite to the Japanese standards though. Spent 15 years working for two German parts suppliers here in Canada. Don't believe the mythical propaganda you read about German 'engineering'........they're as totally screwed up as the rest.

ccfcdan

Ive got a 57 plate Fiesta, i can't stand it. Reliable enough but the interiors horrid.Its made out of plastic.Never mind ill have it paid off by Christmas then ill get something else :)

TheRoyalScam

I had a tour of the Mazda/Ford Flat Rock, Michigan plant recently. Mazda and Ford seem to have some great quality coming out of this plant. Still not quite to the Japanese standards though. Spent 15 years working for two German parts suppliers here in Canada. Don't believe the mythical propaganda you read about German 'engineering'........they're as totally screwed up as the rest.

I teach quite a few Jaguar engineers/designers who agree with you - I asked for their advice when buying the Mazda and they all said to go for it! They all rate Japanese manufacturers higher than any European or American company: from design, to build quality and reliability.

redsox

Facebook User
hyundai_matrix_a1205384772b1615227.jpg

Hyundai Matrix 05 plate, it's done us proud but we're about to trade in and downsize to maybe a seat ibiza!

Covstu

I have a x reg Focus, its been so reliable and can move when it wants! I am in the market for a new motor (the boot is not big enough anymore with a little one!!).

TheRoyalScam

I have a x reg Focus, its been so reliable and can move when it wants! I am in the market for a new motor (the boot is not big enough anymore with a little one!!).

You're not meant to put children in the boot, no matter how naughty they are.:p;)

skyblueprincess

Just get one them sexy two seater things and put the baby on a plank of wood and tow it .... Dont forget your car sticker "BABY ON BOARD " LOL

Houchens Head

I'm saving up for a lovely pink job I saw in my local showroom!!!........................

Pretty-Pink-Full-Size.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread