What Can We Do Now? (1 Viewer)

Mowbray is a fantastic signing for us! I don't think any of us expected an appointment of his calibre. I met him at Barnsley last night. He's a top top bloke. Came straight over to us of his own accord, asked us how we were doing and as soon as I met him, I knew the club was in very capable hands. You could tell how confident he was. He wasn't even thinking about relegation. He said he just wants to get as high as we can this year. So for this week's Cooks Question, I wanna know, Where do you think CCFC can finish this season? And if stays on, what could we achieve next season? With any new manager you get that honeymoon period, which we bloody need right now, so is it the safety of mid-table, just above the drop zone, down to League 2 or maybe a last push for the play-offs. If you have an opinion, we'd love to hear it. Please get your answers in before 11.45 Thursday morning if you want it read out on the shoe. Sports Lounge kicks off at 10am on 98.6 Hillz FM every Thursday so tune in if you can. If you ever miss an episode f Sports Lounge, you can now catch up on our new Youtube channel. Just type Sports Lounge Hillz FM in the search bar Thanks again for your amazing contribution

singers_pore

Problem is, if TM does well SISU won't want to pay him what he will be able to get elsewhere. I can foresee another Robins scenario. Mind you, it's the same with our players. Anyone who is any good apparently has their "heads turned" by a better offer from elsewhere. Ultimately it doesn't matter how good our manager and players are when we've got owners like SISU.

steveecov

Problem is, if TM does well SISU won't want to pay him what he will be able to get elsewhere. I can foresee another Robins scenario. Mind you, it's the same with our players. Anyone who is any good apparently has their "heads turned" by a better offer from elsewhere. Ultimately it doesn't matter how good our manager and players are when we've got owners like SISU.

And therein lies the real problem.

Pinocchio might look good;, but with broken strings Geppetto can't make him perform.

And therein lies the real problem.

Pinocchio might look good;, but with broken strings Geppetto can't make him perform.
Mowbray is used to working with low budgets. He wasn't exactly blessed with millions at Hibs and Boro and he still did the job well. But SISU need to play their part, otherwise Tony will leave in the summer

John_Silletts_Nose

I think most of us would agree with that. Been a pretty rotten season so survival has to be the main ambition

I do not agree.

Last season CCFC was a team playing in Northampton without any possibility of coming back to Coventry in the next 5 years and fans deserting in large numbers.
This season the club is now back in Coventry, in the Ricoh, that is an achievement.

League position is not good but that is easier to rectify than moving the club back to Coventry.

torchomatic

steveecov

I do not agree.

Last season CCFC was a team playing in Northampton without any possibility of coming back to Coventry in the next 5 years and fans deserting in large numbers.
This season the club is now back in Coventry, in the Ricoh, that is an achievement.

League position is not good but that is easier to rectify than moving the club back to Coventry.

Yeah 500% increase in attendance Year on Year.

Pity Tim's 6-7000 forecast for Northampton wasn't anywhere close; The Ricoh would be sold out.

I do not agree.

This season promised so much when he came home. Good squad, good manager, back on home turf, turns out we were wrong. The squad have failed to live up to expectations and in my opinion, barely even try, Pressley didn't get the job done and the Ricoh is nearly as empty as Shitfields. So given the current situation, I would take safety all day long

Users who are viewing this thread