What can a guy do to catch a break (1 Viewer)

WillieStanley

From his Facebook

"Happy now you c**t ?*From the performance against Birmingham to that tonight .Some fucking captain when you can't be arsed against a team that was in the 4th division last season .Just go and fuck off."

This is literally one of the last people I could think of that deserves abuse like this. Tonight there were STILL people attacking him. Easily player of the season so far and the best captain we've had for years.

That, along with the murmur of boos at the end is more depressing than any scoreline tonight.

Evans1883

Yes very sad indeed.in fact I think people who ABUSE people on Facebook need .
A.banning
B.cautioned.
Fucking internet ;)

Otis

thought Baker played well tonight, until the last 15 mins. By then though the whole team's performance had dropped.

Again, I said it before and I say it again, this is why I hate Facebook.

I hate this virtual world of friends that soon can become worst enemies in the flicker of an eyelid.

No footballer should have fans as friends on sites such as these.

WillieStanley

I'm hoping that the goodcomments outweigh the bad.one thing you can never throw at Baker is lack of effort!

Mucca Mad Boys

He looked like he was injured from about the 60th minute, I don't know why we risked him, isn't worth it in the 1st and with hindsight, even more so.

CovMatt1987

It is a stupid reaction and very annoying, how many people get brave behind a computer screen.

Alot of the positivity around a club will depend on the captain and I think he has done an excellent job this season.Otis is right, he played well until the last 15 minutes, when he was in all fairness very poor. But I even think that was down to how much he wanted it, not that he 'couldn't be arsed'.

If I had one tiny criticism of Baker overall, it would be some of the occasions he chooses to shot. I don't think ive seen another player shot as much from a position where he is blocked by two or three defenders, and really isnt going to score.

but other then that, he is an excellent captain overall and its great to see what appeard to be genuine passion for the club from him.

tippex9

Just saw Cyrus copping it on Twitter from a Plymouth fan who lives in Coventry & went tonight. He told him he was not even a football league player.

Bigelvesy

Personally think carl was one of the best players tonight, really felt he put everything in at every oppurtunity, tackles and all. Could really see the passion and how much it meant to him like i hoped it would, reading through his posts on here and interviews you cant fault his dedication to the club and he is the best and most passionate captain we've had in a long time. And he had a good overall game, was a constant threat and the defender couldnt handle him. He has been a terrific captain this season and has lived and breathed ccfc for the entirity.
Saw his reaction at the final whistle and after each goal, theres always gonna be one dickhead "fan" thats says stuff like that.
It was just one of those days, maybe a bit silly to go gung ho in a game played over 2 legs. But with the support there can you blame them for wanting to get atleast a goal? Think we'd be more pissed off if we'd settled for a 1-0 loss and not tried infront of 31,000!
The jpt isnt our only chance of getting to wembley, lets not let this ruin a positive second half of the season!

kg82

Pathetic individuals. Hide behind a screen. Don't understand football. Probably absolute scum, worth less time than it takes to scratch my balls.

Otis

Pathetic individuals. Hide behind a screen. Don't understand football. Probably absolute scum, worth less time than it takes to scratch my balls.

Pathetic individuals. Hide behind a screen. Don't understand life.

Would be very happy if they completely scrapped Facebook tomorrow ... especially this ridiculous virtual 'friends' thing.

I'm on there but never really use it.

Bet we can all point to our circle of 'friends' and look at a few and ask ourselves, who the bleedin hell is that?

I only have about 40-50 'friends' on there, but even some of those on there I don't actually know!

Facebook has become a bit of a joke as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

just very cowardly - online abuse

that said baker was very poor yesterday - effort maybe, but
a) trying to do too much at times
b) poor passing
c) poor crossing
and as mentioned in the last 30 mins poor tracking back

baker can be like marmite - when hes good, hes very good - but last night, sorry one of the poorer performances

christie - on the whole good, but he got too adventurous, and that again cost us by him not being back to cover on one of the goals

Users who are viewing this thread