What boycott? (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Firstly, may I explain that this thread isn't having a pop at the save our city campaign, in fact I think its great what they tried to do.

But just found it interesting that last years fa cup 3rd round attendance was actually lower: 8,162

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10269~2010,00.html

Did the publicity of the boycott work against us. In other words, people who disagreed with the idea of the boycott might have bought a ticket to make a stand when they otherwise wouldn't have gone?

I think we already have threads on this topic. One about the boycott and one about the possibility of the club fiddling the figures.

chiefdave

if you take a look at the photos there's no way there's 9K there. Plus the protest wasnt' a boycott it was missing the first 15 mins so anyone protesting would still be counted in the attendance.

if you take a look at the photos there's no way there's 9K there. Plus the protest wasnt' a boycott it was missing the first 15 mins so anyone protesting would still be counted in the attendance.

And here lies the problem. It was a protest that was meant to last 90 minutes so the majority of those protesting were not due to go into the game and be counted.

Walking Bird

Fewer home fans this season plus lots more away than last season sort of balances it out.

Sky Blue Sheepy

And here lies the problem. It was a protest that was meant to last 90 minutes so the majority of those protesting were not due to go into the game and be counted.
Not from the PDF doc I got. protest between 2.45 - 3.15 then go into the game (for those who bought tickets) then protest after... Unless it changed before that doc was made.

ajsccfc

Wouldn't bumping up the attendance also bump up the amount of money that had to be handed over to Southampton?

EleanorRigby

Firstly, may I explain that this thread isn't having a pop at the save our city campaign, in fact I think its great what they tried to do.

But just found it interesting that last years fa cup 3rd round attendance was actually lower: 8,162

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10269~2010,00.html

Did the publicity of the boycott work against us. In other words, people who disagreed with the idea of the boycott might have bought a ticket to make a stand when they otherwise wouldn't have gone?
So what's your point ?

Nick

Administrator
So what's your point ?

That there were more people there than this time last year with people boycotting it.

Which shows that the boycott didn't work too well if there were still more people?

I think that is what he means! :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread