What are you currently listening to? (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just listening to Jeremy vine on radio 2 and he was talking about how we are spending more and more time at home , he then proceeded to interview a hostage negotiator and played Patience by Take That

lifeskyblue

In December Jethro Tull are playing at Coventry Cathedral and in June Richard Thompson who founded Fairport Convention is doing a solo concert there too. If the lockdown is over ? Folk / Rock music should sound good in the cathedral. So been listening to both acts on YouTube.

I’m sure they will sound great in cathedral. Really like some of Richard Thompson’s stuff both when in fairport convention and with Linda.
I have tickets for jethro Tull in Leicester on 1st October and blue oyster cult on 11th. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

I’m sure they will sound great in cathedral. Really like some of Richard Thompson’s stuff both when in fairport convention and with Linda.
I have tickets for jethro Tull in Leicester on 1st October and blue oyster cult on 11th. Fingers crossed

Lucky lad!!

bringbackrattles

I've been reading about Sandy Denny. What a waste of talent as she was destructive with drink etc. Used to throw herself down stairs for a reaction ! Died young, but what an amazing voice she had. She was in Fairport Convention for awhile.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I've been reading about Sandy Denny. What a waste of talent as she was destructive with drink etc. Used to throw herself down stairs for a reaction ! Died young, but what an amazing voice she had. She was in Fairport Convention for awhile.
She had an amazing voice. I saw her perform live a few times.
Fairport Convention used to appear at this club in Erdington, Birmingham called 'Mothers'.
Fairport started out as a rock group with a female singer called Judy Dyble, who was really good.
After she quit the band, they hired Sandy Denny as a replacement.
After a while the band transitioned from rock to folk rock and then pure folk and at that point I lost interest in them.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

She had an amazing voice. I saw her perform live a few times.
Fairport Convention used to appear at this club in Erdington, Birmingman called 'Mothers'.
Fairport started out as a rock group with a female singer called Judy Dyble, who was really good.
After she quit the band, they hired Sandy Denny as a replacement.
After a while the band transitioned from rock to folk rock and then pure folk and at that point I lost interest in them.
Who Knows Where The Time Goes. Heard it yesterday for the first time, a song by Sandy Denny. What a voice and song.

Sbarcher

Black Sabbath on the turntable now. Was anyone else at their concert in Leamington at the Jephson Garden Pavillion, around 1970?
My memory is fading but think they were on with the Edgar Broughton Band.

bringbackrattles

Black Sabbath on the turntable now. Was anyone else at their concert in Leamington at the Jephson Garden Pavillion, around 1970?
My memory is fading but think they were on with the Edgar Broughton Band.
Seen Sabbath many times but not in Leamington. As for Edgar Broughton Band saw them in the 70's and Out Demons Out got the place rocking !

bringbackrattles

Pretty sure the EB band played the British Legion club at Berkswell/Balsall common
when my dad was secretary.
They would play small venues so quite possible they played there. I saw T.Rex play at the Lanchester College in the 70's before it became Coventry University. Marc Bolan walked down the stairs by the bar after his gig, he wasn't that famous then so nobody bothered him. I recall it wasn't much of a performance, but liked them later on.

Sbarcher

They would play small venues so quite possible they played there. I saw T.Rex play at the Lanchester College in the 70's before it became Coventry University. Marc Bolan walked down the stairs by the bar after his gig, he wasn't that famous then so nobody bothered him. I recall it wasn't much of a performance, but liked them later on.
They lost me when they changed their style and name from Tyrannosaurus Rex to T Rex. Didn't like te Glam Rock at all.

clint van damme

The race for space - public service broadcasting

it’s a really nicely arranged album

Seen them live a few times great band.
Saw them in Wales not long after they released every valley was very emotional when they played they gave me a lamp.

Worth checking every valley out if you haven't already.

Gazolba

Slade must one of, if not the, most underrated bands the country has produced.
Check out my previous link to a song by the 'N Betweens. Two of their line-up (Noddy Holder and Dave Hill) ended up in Slade.
Here's another by them:

Gazolba

The Sorrows - "We Should Get Along Fine":

Last edited:

eastwoodsdustman

Seen them live a few times great band.
Saw them in Wales not long after they released every valley was very emotional when they played they gave me a lamp.

Worth checking every valley out if you haven't already.
Funnily enough it arrived today. Yes it’s a very good track. I saw haiku salut a couple of years ago in Leamington supporting the wedding present. They were really good.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As I type, I'm chilling out to one of my all time favourite female artists - the gorgeous Annie Lennox. Currently listening to the Eurythmics "Peace" album.

Last edited:

Gazolba

The Rudies - "Brixton Rocket":

Sbarcher

Audience - House on the Hill

Sbarcher

Laura Nyro - Eli and the Thirteenth Confession

Sbarcher

Jeff Sturges and Universe - a monster of an album

Users who are viewing this thread