What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just going through a whole stack of "Sons of Anarchy" soundtracks. Brilliant stuff!
I am a blues nut and have recently been listening to some amazing stuff by Jake Smith, aka The White Buffalo. Highly recommend you have a listen to some of his stuff if you like folk-blues, rock-blues etc. His stuff featured in the TV show, "Sons of Anarchy". Check him out on YouTube. (using The White Buffalo in the search)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm listening to the Revolver album on Youtube. This is the first time I have listened to a Beatles album from start to finish!
Great album, as were all the Beatles stuff. My personal favourite albums were The White album and Abbey Road.

bringbackrattles

Great album, as were all the Beatles stuff. My personal favourite albums were The White album and Abbey Road.
I collect memorabilia Football, boxing, and music stuff. Last week in local charity shop bought a mug for 70 pence, it's the Beatles walking across the zebra crossing from the Abbey Road album? I put it on Facebook, as it's an iconic scene. Well chuffed but need the album next !

bringbackrattles

I don't like the stuff Rod Stewart does these days, but he pops up as a guest singer on early tracks by Jeff Beck and other rock acts, and what a rock voice he had. Well impressed, worth checking out if anyone only knows his new music.

Gazolba

Rare Earth - "Get Ready":

clint van damme

Playing the best of the Rolling Stones. Still get the tingles listening to Sympathy For The Devil and Street Fighting Man. As they say : they don't make them like that anymore ! "

never really been into the Rolling Stones but there's a podcast I listen to called Disgracelands, (it can be a bit hit and miss), but there was an episode the other day about when they went to Canada to pay a secret gig and Keith got caught with a load of heroin and was facing over 20 years in jail, they were lunatics in their day!

bringbackrattles

never really been into the Rolling Stones but there's a podcast I listen to called Disgracelands, (it can be a bit hit and miss), but there was an episode the other day about when they went to Canada to pay a secret gig and Keith got caught with a load of heroin and was facing over 20 years in jail, they were lunatics in their day!
Love the Stones. Saw them at Wembley some years back. Three of us went down early from Cov, spent the day drinking in Camden and then on to a pub near the stadium. They didn't disappoint as they had the massive crowd going berserk. We got talking to a group of lads by us who noticed our Cov City shirts, they said they were Leyton Orient fans. Strange how since that day both clubs have plunged down !

Gazolba

Many of the Rolling Stones best songs (in my humble opinion of course) have been posted by me earlier in this thread.
Personally, I think it all went downhill after the death of Brian Jones, which was very early in their existence.
They have never been the same since.
I'd put Jagger and Richards in the top few songwriting teams ever.

Gazolba

First Edition - "I Just Dropped In":

Gazolba

The Nips - "Gabrielle":

Gazolba

The Methadones - "Back of My Hand":

Gazolba

Squeeze - "Pulling Mussels":

bringbackrattles

If like me you still buy CDs I'd recommend going to HMV in the city centre. Great value, and today for just £3.99 Got the best of Nazareth. One of my favourite bands from the 70's.

Sky_Blue_Daz

As covers go this is pretty good

Last edited:

Mcbean

If like me you still buy CDs I'd recommend going to HMV in the city centre. Great value, and today for just £3.99 Got the best of Nazareth. One of my favourite bands from the 70's.
Old faces stuff with Rod is excellent - pool hall Richard - one of my faves - also Vigelante man by Nazareth a right cracker

bringbackrattles

Old faces stuff with Rod is excellent - pool hall Richard - one of my faves - also Vigelante man by Nazareth a right cracker
Just been playing the Nazareth CD again.
But never knew This Flight Tonight was a Joni Mitchell song, and Love Hurts was by The Everly Brothers. Love McCafferty's voice, and Nazareth were underrated in my opinion. Listening to Bad Bad Boy and Razamanaz takes me back to the 70's again, what a decade for music !

Mcbean

Just been playing the Nazareth CD again.
But never knew This Flight Tonight was a Joni Mitchell song, and Love Hurts was by The Everly Brothers. Love McCafferty's voice, and Nazareth were underrated in my opinion. Listening to Bad Bad Boy and Razamanaz takes me back to the 70's again, what a decade for music !
Do you like Alex Harvey’s stufffrom the same vintage ? Framed , Tomorrow belongs to me - in the same vein - just love the raw guitar from Clem Cleminson sadly passed away lately

bringbackrattles

Do you like Alex Harvey’s stufffrom the same vintage ? Framed , Tomorrow belongs to me - in the same vein - just love the raw guitar from Clem Cleminson sadly passed away lately
Yes listened to a lot of Alex Harvey. But love most of the 70's rock music. Then again the music from the decade before was good too. Small Faces, The Troggs, Kinks, Animals, and of course The Beatles and the Stones, what a line up that is !

Mcbean

Yes listened to a lot of Alex Harvey. But love most of the 70's rock music. Then again the music from the decade before was good too. Small Faces, The Troggs, Kinks, Animals, and of course The Beatles and the Stones, what a line up that is !
I may have suggested these before and you may know the album but i love all the early by this lot - the guitar use is exemplary

Users who are viewing this thread