What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

wingy

Whenever I hear this song I always have to remind myself that it isn’t Tears for Fears. Sounds a lot like their later stuff, they must have been an influence. The vocals of Roland Orzabal especially.
A tad Suedish or Brett?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Off to see Les Misérables this afternoon , so had a bit of the soundtrack on this morning

Terry_dactyl

Sooooo…

Wasn’t sure which thread to add this on, nearly made ‘things that annoy me’.

I’m as woke as fuck but having bought £165s worth of tickets and booked a hotel, I’m in Brum having just seen Arcade Fire.

They were alright. Realised half way through I ain’t a super fan but was a good show.

Just the one awkward moment when, at it’s quietest point, a lone voice was heard shouting, “stop touching women”!
Mrs D can’t take me anywhere!

Seriously though, someone did shout that…and Arcade Fire were alright. Played the Verve, ‘bittersweet symphony’ which felt like an opportunity for Win Butler to sing “I can charge, I can change etc”.

Not sure we should’ve gone but here we are.

clint van damme

Sooooo…

I’m as woke as fuck but having bought £165s worth of tickets and booked a hotel, I’m in Brum having just seen Arcade Fire.

They were alright. Realised half way through I ain’t a super fan but was a good show.

Just the one awkward moment when, at it’s quietest point, a lone voice was heard shouting, “stop touching women”!

Seriously though, someone did shout that…and Arcade Fire were alright. Played the Verve, ‘bittersweet symphony’ which felt like an opportunity for Win Butler to sing “I can charge, I can change etc”.

Had the chance ofa couple of half price tickets but was glad I didn't buy them after the allegations came out, think it would have been weird.

Enjoyed the Liberines at the Godiva. Think me and Pete Docherty have put on about 8 stone between us since the first time I saw them live.

Terry_dactyl

Had the chance ofa couple of half price tickets but was glad I didn't buy them after the allegations came out, think it would have been weird.

Enjoyed the Liberines at the Godiva. Think me and Pete Docherty have put on about 8 stone between us since the first time I saw them live.
Haven’t we all! That’s what happens when you replace heroin and partying, with cheeseburgers and Home Under the Hammer.

It felt a bit weird ie wrong being there. Especially during the Verve bit.
Moving swiftly on from my now compromised moral high ground…Birmingham is great. The highlight of the eve was sitting in a bar near the utilita arena watching the world go by as they blasted out the strokes.

Next up for us is Elvana: Unplugged in Bristol.

clint van damme

Haven’t we all! That’s what happens when you replace heroin and partying, with cheeseburgers and Home Under the Hammer.

It felt a bit weird ie wrong being there. Especially during the Verve bit.
Moving swiftly on from my now compromised moral high ground…Birmingham is great. The highlight of the eve was sitting in a bar near the utilita arena watching the world go by as they blasted out the strokes.

Next up for us is Elvana: Unplugged in Bristol.

I'd never heard of Elvana until a couple of months the ago. Mate of mine was highly recommending them.

SBT

Sooooo…

Was the arena very empty? I wonder if the tour will continue much longer.

Tricky one to gauge about whether to attend or not given that Win Butler only makes up about 3% of the Arcade Fire!

Terry_dactyl

Was the arena very empty? I wonder if the tour will continue much longer.

Tricky one to gauge about whether to attend or not given that Win Butler only makes up about 3% of the Arcade Fire!
We’d actually been thinking about not going earlier in the week before we even learned of the allegations. We only resolved to go and booked the hotel this week…we learned of the allegations the following day!
Even talked about not going on the way down…said we’d see how we feel. Our hotel is right near the Utilita and could see the crowds. It certainly wasnt empty but also wasn’t rammed. Not been to utilita before so don’t know how busy it gets - the standing bit was about two thirds full and think there were quite a few empty seats.

We did wonder if Regine Chassange might just take over. She can literally play every instrument!

Last edited:

Sbarcher

Went well before her time.
Great artist and wrote many songs for others.
just dusted off my old albums, NY Tendaberry and Thirteenth Confession. Forgot how good they were.

Philosorapter

Absolute collector's item here.

'The Queen & I' from an early version of the KLF

JAM See

Coming to The Empire on Saturday.

Can't fucking wait.

I've wanted to see these mad Canadian bastards for so long.

JAM See

Has the two minute silence ended yet?

Last edited:

JAM See

Ecstasy and shoegaze. Fucking have it!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

One for the old country fans Lots of Willie Nelson Duets all different artists from Ray Charles"Severn Spainish Angels to Keith Richards" We had it all" others including Johnny Cash,Paul Simon,Eric Clapton,George Jones ,Merle Haggard,Sheryl Crowe,Shania Twain, Carol King and many more and everyone of them their voices blend so well

SkyBlueSoul

They're definitely better for having John back but RHCP releasing two albums of over 1hr each in the space of 6 months is definitely overkill. Having said that, this is the best of the lot IMO. Absolutely beautiful song and the solo is gorgeous.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread