What are you currently listening to? (18 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

Still listening to rock music, but more blues stuff. A customer of mine has borrowed me Walter Trout CDs and John Mayall too, brilliant musicians. Him and his missus are gutted though as they had bought tickets for the Foo Fighters in June at Villa Park.

clint van damme

Still listening to rock music, but more blues stuff. A customer of mine has borrowed me Walter Trout CDs and John Mayall too, brilliant musicians. Him and his missus are gutted though as they had bought tickets for the Foo Fighters in June at Villa Park.

Nirvana were booked to play Villa Park (or maybe Villa leisure centre), when Kurt Cobain died.
The moral of the story is, if you're in a band with Dave Grohl and they get booked to play in Aston, get a new job!

Philosorapter

I think after ten years of being overplayed on a certain website, a reappraisal of this song is needed.

If you have never heard this song before, where have you been?

Otis

Anyone catch the Sparks documentary in Netflix?

I loved them when they first came out and then they had one or two duff records and I sort of give up on them. I had no idea they changed their style so much over the years and with each and every album. Brought me to mind of Bowie.

Anyway, I came across an album of theirs through the film, which is Called Lil Beethoven. Apparently it got tremendous critical acclaim at the time (2002), but I had never heard of it.

Having heard some of the tracks in the film, I decided to check it out and I now think it is one of the greatest albums ever.

It's described as the Sparks' own Kid A and it's unlike anything else.

It's a stunning album I think, with not one single duff track on it.

😎

Otis

Listening to these. Actually also put this song on the Godiva Festival thread, as these are playing on the Saturday.

Pretty decent. 1.7m views too, so I am guessing they are or were very popular.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bit of The stone roses , taking the dog for a walk later so have downloaded the latest fighting talk podcast

Users who are viewing this thread