What are WE going to do about it? (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

OK OK...the board is crap we all know it...and AT is doing his best with a sinking ship...unfortunately his best isn't good enough right now. Can't help thinking though that there's is more we could be doing than just spouting off on this site. Can't help thinking the team would get one helluva lift to see a decent crowd turn up. A crowd that makes a bit of noise and expresses it's passion for the team it loves. You've got to ask who really cares about this club, and the answer is us. But we're not helping ourselves sitting around slagging off all the bad stuff with the club. The team need to feel support regardless, so what are we going to do about it??? I live in London and get to a many games as possible...not cheap...but my arse is on a seat...not to pay the board...to let the team know there is support...and having supported Coventry City since 1965 as a young lad, I know those times when I've been on the terrace and left the game hoarse because I've been part of a crowd who really cared! And a crowd who could leave the ground after a loss but still have genuine constructive criticism to make, rather than have nothing but doom and destruction to spread...very depressing....and if I ever stop going, it won't be because I'm disillusioned with the club...it would be because I was sick of all the depressive non supportive talk after the game...often when we've won. If we are to put passion back into the game at Coventry City, a lot of it is done to us...and although I too am angry about what's going on, blaming others never did any good.

torchomatic

Build a fire, sit round it and sing some songs?

standupforcity,

I agree with your sentiments but I can entirely sympathise with those that don't want spend a penny more while SISU are at the helm. You just feel like you're contributing to prolonged suffering.

torchomatic

Unfortunately, those who withhold their money and support are hurting the club. They have every right to do so ,etc, but I don't think it helps.

ALJONES

Unfortunately, those who withhold their money and support are hurting the club. They have every right to do so ,etc, but I don't think it helps.

I think you will find it is the ridiculously shit board who are hurting the club. Even if 30,000 a game turned up, that money still would not go into the team, it would be sucked straight out in the company coffers.

standupforcity

That' what I'm saying...we aren't really helping a lot are we? The thing is, how much do WE want the club to stay up...to survive? How much does Coventry City really mean to us! A lot I hope or this forum wouldn't be here!

torchomatic

Well, of course it would. The problem is though, we'll only get 30K next time we play a big team in the Cup.

Whoever is to blame (and I still blame Richardson more than SISU), boycotting your team does not help the situation in the slightest. At the end of the day though, you blame who you want to. That's your right.

I think you will find it is the ridiculously shit board who are hurting the club. Even if 30,000 a game turned up, that money still would not go into the team, it would be sucked straight out in the company coffers.

standupforcity

Thing is Torch....what we should be doing is supporting our team...not getting sucked in to all the other stuff...the politics, the greed etc. We as supporters should stand alone but together, show our support in numbers, and show what can be done without feeling resentful about where the money might be going. That can stop us doing what we should be doing!

WillieStanley

Identity. Who exactly is the Sky Blue Army? Is it Ken and his men? Is it Thorn and the "squad"? Is it SISU? ACL? Sky Blue Sam?

The answer, IMHO, is none of these. WE are the Sky Blue Army. WE are CCFC. Those guys are our representatives. They are there to help our cause. We need to give our representatives all the support we can throughout, and if we're not happy about how they are representing us, WE need to do something about it.

That's just the way I look at it. Supporting your club is an identity. We are all brothers and if we continue this infighting and finger pointing we will lose sight of the common cause, which, essentially, is success in sky blue. The Sky Blues do not owe us, we owe them, and I think we lose sight of that sometimes. People talk about the pride of being a CCFC supporter, well that pride comes from the privilage we have of being apart of one of the richest histories in the game.

Otis

Well think there is some truth in that for sure. If we were making money each week on big gates I am not convinced at all that any of that money would go into strengthening the squad.

NINOOVCOV

Well think there is some truth in that for sure. If we were making money each week on big gates I am not convinced at all that any of that money would go into strengthening the squad.

Exactly, but unfortunately the Cov fans are as shit at protesting as the team is at football...:facepalm:

ajsccfc

Effective or even notable protest needs organisation, motivation and most importantly a cause. At the moment it's a few sparse bursts of 'we want SISU out' but only if we're losing, which only comes across as a reaction to bad football rather than what goes on behind the scenes. It needs more things like the chaps hanging about the SISU underground lair last week kicking up an orderly fuss in order to attract attention and a following.

Disenchanted

Ask everyone to boycott the next home game,even season ticket holders,we would get coverage locally,nationally and internationally and Sisu would no longer be able to ignore us......sadly this would only work if EVERY fan stayed away and we and Sisu know this will not happen!!

standupforcity

Ask everyone to boycott the next home game,even season ticket holders,we would get coverage locally,nationally and internationally and Sisu would no longer be able to ignore us......sadly this would only work if EVERY fan stayed away and we and Sisu know this will not happen!!

Why have to deny ourselves of watching our team! We shouldn't get sucked in and resort to negative tactics. Positive stuff is what we need and that starts with not succumbing to shouting and slagging, but turning up to support the players, the team. This shouldn't be about politics.... it should be about the passion of following our team, and that can only be done from the terraces....

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
On the basis that the majority of city fans going up to the Ricoh are season ticket holders how does those season ticket holders not going actually affect income considering the club have already received the money for this season ?

Tonylinc

I think that it would make a real impact if we turned up at the West Ham game BUT did not go through the turnstiles. As OSB said it would not make too much difference in monetary terms BUT what publicity it would generate!

Users who are viewing this thread