What are the positives of kevin blackwell or paul ince? (1 Viewer)

devonrich

Positives for me are close away trips next season to torquay plymouth and exeter.

torchomatic

They aren't Richard shaw, Lee carsley, Gary Megson or Eric Black.

Grendel

The Reverend Skyblue

I really would be against Ince.
He had a decent spell at MK Dons but his other jobs have been a disaster.

Blackwell seems OK but does'nt inspire me and would he put bums on seats with attractive football.What i remember is dour teams he created at Leeds and Sheff Utd

The Rev

stupot07

I really would be against Ince.
He had a decent spell at MK Dons but his other jobs have been a disaster.

Blackwell seems OK but does'nt inspire me and would he put bums on seats with attractive football.What i remember is dour teams he created at Leeds and Sheff Utd

The Rev

Ince also did a great job at Macclesfield, took the reigns at the end of October, they were bottom of League Two and 7 points adrift of their nearest rivals and he managed to them to avoid relegation last day of the season.

Just goes to show that looking at win % doesn't tell you the true story or context

The Reverend Skyblue

Ince also did a great job at Macclesfield, took the reigns at the end of October, they were bottom of League Two and 7 points adrift of their nearest rivals and he managed to them to avoid relegation last day of the season.

Just goes to show that looking at win % doesn't tell you the true story or context

Stupot ,I forgo about macclesfield, so yes he has some pedigree.Its just he does'nt inspire me at all, unlike some of the names mentioned so far.
If Fisher wants someone to come in and shake it all up and strive for success and play good attacking football i just don't think he is the man to do it, but if given the job he will ahve my 100% backing. My personal favourite is Wise or perhaps someone overseas whose had success with good attacking football.

THe Rev

Otis

Macclesfield though was 2006-2007, so 5 years ago. Since then it's been a bit of a decline.

Colonel Mustard

Ince is really quite underwhelming. There is little in his L1+ history to get your teeth into, and he has left all five of his managerial jobs before serving one year's work. Blackwell's football could be an issue for a fanbase in need of galvanising.

But as Grendel said, both would likely be an upgrade on the predecessor.

Otis

I've heard a rumour that if no-one is appointed soon the club are going to go for a HIGNFY style tub of lard as a replacement.

BurbageSkyBlues

Guys- currently on hols in France, just heard the news that AT has been sacked - can anyone summarise what / how it happened and if there are any names lined up?

Cheers ( merci, Rev :) )

Otis

Word is that Blackwell, Wise and Ince have applied.

Fisher said in so many words that he could see the same pattern emerging as happened last season with the throwing away of points from winning positions etc. Thorn sacked on Sunday, Fisher hopeful of a replacement by a week on Sunday when we play Stevenage.

Richard Shaw also applied.

There are no positives with either of them. Blackwell is a very good assistant but has done nothing as a Manager and Ince was a top player but his greatest achievement was keeping Macclesfield in League 2.

Users who are viewing this thread