What are the other factors for the sacking of Thorn? (1 Viewer)

Up North Sky Blue

Fisher stated that it's not just the fact we've thrown away 6 points this season, so what are the other factors?

Some rumours that senior players ruled the school?

Otis

Definitely attendance figures. They have budgeted for 11,000 this season. The way things have gone thus far the gates were only looking like they were going to dwindle.

Other factors must be 'good football, lack of end product.' Tactical naivety' too.

Nice bloke, tried his best, unfortunately not up to the job. He promised we would hit the ground running this season and it has been anything but.

Up North Sky Blue

I don't think he knew his best 11. I found it strange that he was looking for another striker when he already bought in 2 (Ball and Elliott) with McDonald, McSheffrey and Jeffers already at the club.

The same can be said about the centre-halfs, with bringing 3 in (Malaga, Edge and Brown) with Wood and Cameron already at the squad.

With promising young players at the club some could say he bought in some players for the sake of it?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Too many signings and not seeing results quick enough? Wanted another striker when we'd already funded for two new ones in addition to the two we already had? Must have been questioned 'why aren't the two you've brought in any better than what we have?

Up North Sky Blue

He always stated that there's no point adding to the squad unless the incoming player is deemed as better, if only he'd listened to his own words or was it just Thorn stating yet another footballing cliche?

CovLis86

One thing people are forgetting, is chances are we won't be able to bring in some of the loans that we have. Forget brown if you deem him poor, majority of other loans have been well above what we should expect.

Yorkshire SB

I suspect one reason it's been done is because the majority of our fans wanted him gone. The club are almost certainly aware of fans opinions, all you have to do is look at this forum. They're left with two options, keep Thorn for another few months (personally I think he deserved more than 3 games!), but risk dwindling attendance figures and disillusioned fans. Or they can sack him, and bring another chump in who will enable them to market him as our saviour and the man to lead us out of League 1 with his revolutionary ideas. This probably resulting in short-term excitement within our fan base and consequently higher attendances and more money for at least a few weeks.

covross

Is sacking Thorn a way of SISU saving some money in the transfer market? No manager at the helm = no one to make signings. They'll employ a new manager 1 minute after the transfer window shuts knowing them

torchomatic

That Thorn didn't have the voice of a Radio Four announcer?

thechase

am i mistaken but were they all free transfers and loans? what was the total transfer fee spent?

I wasnt aware they were all playing for nothing and had no signing on fees, clearly im mistaken. Barton also cost a fee which you seem to have deemed insignificant to your rant.

Users who are viewing this thread