What are the odds on ... (1 Viewer)

sylus

We need a complete squad for nxt season..cos this shower we have at the mo.are just not good enough.even for this poxy league...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
A team winning 27 games out of their 46 matches, only losing 10 all season, amassing 90 points in total, scoring 92 goals and not making automatic promotion? :eek:

When did the "play-off" system come into force? Personally, I think it's crap. Just following the bleedin' Yanks with their so-called "football" system. If a team has ammassed a hefty points tally and finishes 3rd, they should be promoted on MERIT, not CHANCE as the play-offs often prove. It's the most unfair system going. Should be banned.........

Along with those sticky date labels on bread packets and people who can't park properly, telemarketers, parents who give their kids stupid names, foreign call centres, chavs, stepping in dog shit, spam email, reality TV, traffic wardens and posts that go on too long.....

stupot07

I completely agree Otis and Skybluegod, I'm just trying to put into context the buying power of the teams at the top of the league. We'll probably make 5-8 signing's, which I don't think enough to put us in the top 6.

This season we signed the lowest number of players in the championship by a mile. So I'd you consider the 8/9 players we didn't replace last season, plus 5/6 we'll lose this season. Major surgery is required.

Otis

I completely agree Otis and Skybluegod, I'm just trying to put into context the buying power of the teams at the top of the league. We'll probably make 5-8 signing's, which I don't think enough to put us in the top 6.

This season we signed the lowest number of players in the championship by a mile. So I'd you consider the 8/9 players we didn't replace last season, plus 5/6 we'll lose this season. Major surgery is required.

Yup. I'm saying 8 signings just to make us competitive in the league. Not talking about what's needed to have us at the right end of the table and pushing for top 6.

Otis

Well we've already lost at least 3 in Nimely, Norwood and Clingan. Pretty sure you can add Cranie to that too. These are all players going where we will be getting no fee at all. Therefore logic suggests that we will sell players too to generate money. First in line in the money stakes would have to be Keogh.

ggrady

Nah we will somehow find an amazing striker from the lowers leagues an go up... Oh shit we tried that before and didn't really work :/

shmmeee

8 signings would give us a good squad, obviously depending on who we get. But I trust Thorn.

Murphy, Dunn, Birge
Clarke, Christie, Willis
Hussey, LB
Keogh, McPake, Henderson
Wood, CB, Cameron
DM, Thomas, Bigi
CM, Deegan, Ruffles
CM, Bell, Baker
AM, McSheffrey, Roberts
ST, Platt, Jeffers
McDonald, ST, Daniels

I see us getting maybe 5: LB, CB, CM, AM, ST and keeping ROD and playing Thomas and Deegan or Bell frat choice.

Last edited:

TheRoyalScam

8 signings would give us a good squad, obviously depending on who we get. But I trust Thorn.

Murphy, Dunn, Birge
Clarke, Christie, Willis
Hussey, LB
Keogh, McPake, Henderson
Wood, CB, Cameron
DM, Thomas, Bigi
CM, Deegan, Ruffles
CM, Bell, Baker
AM, McSheffrey, Roberts
ST, Platt, Jeffers
McDonald, ST, Daniels

I see us getting maybe 5: LB, CB, CM, AM, ST and keeping ROD and playing Thomas and Deegan or Bell frat choice.

I see us getting relegated with that squad.

brinner

Well we've already lost at least 3 in Nimely, Norwood and Clingan. Pretty sure you can add Cranie to that too. These are all players going where we will be getting no fee at all. Therefore logic suggests that we will sell players too to generate money. First in line in the money stakes would have to be Keogh.
Eastwood is another who will be off the wage bill and we will probly sell McPake to Hibs.

Sisu will be delighted, the money we save off Eastwood, Cranie and Clingans wages should just about cover the rent each month for the ricoh.

Then sisu will look at stemming the £3-4 million cashflow we have lost due to relegation, thatl be Keogh and whoever else they can sell gone to stem that loss.

all this needs to be addressed before we actually get to signing players, unless sisu actually invest ofcourse.

so i think were in for a long hard old summer and season to boot.

i can see nothing more than a season of struggle while we still have these parasites that dont have a clue about football in charge of our football club.

Otis

Murphy, Dunn, Birge
Clarke, Christie, Willis
Hussey, LB
Keogh, McPake, Henderson
Wood, CB, Cameron
DM, Thomas, Bigi
CM, Deegan, Ruffles
CM, Bell, Baker
AM, McSheffrey, Roberts
ST, Platt, Jeffers
McDonald, ST, Daniels

But Shmmee, you have us there not selling anyone. :whistle: How the hell are we going to bring in even 1 let alone 5 if we don't sell anyone to generate money?

brinner

But Shmmee, you have us there not selling anyone. :whistle: How the hell are we going to bring in even 1 let alone 5 if we don't sell anyone to generate money?
Otis, i think we have too many ppl living in cloud cuckoo land!!

Users who are viewing this thread