What are the odds on ... (1 Viewer)

Otis

A team winning 27 games out of their 46 matches, only losing 10 all season, amassing 90 points in total, scoring 92 goals and not making automatic promotion? :eek:

mark82

Huddersfield did something similar in that division last year I believe. Then lost to Peterboro in the play-off final.

Otis

Must be really gutting.

Can you imagine City amassing 90 points and not going up? :facepalm:

Johnrambo

I think they would, if Evans wasnt in jail.

I dont think they will make the PO-final, cant see who should score the goals, Evans and Cresswell have scored 40% of their goals this season or something like htat.

theprince

We want Sheffield United to go up, will be odds on next season for automatic promotion. Otherwise it seems pretty equal all round.
What it proves though you need atleast one prolific scorer to challenge, Evans has bagged over 30 for the Blades, dried up since his conviction.

Last edited:

Otis

well is the two teams above united do better then thats why they go up simple

The point is, couldn't ever see the City getting anywhere 90 points. Can you honestly see us winning anything like 27 games next season?

Been a few on here saying we should be close to the play-offs no probs. :facepalm:

Glen

Not a chance we will be like Preston they said they would make it kept their manager too now look how that worked. Worried Andy thorn because you should be

Johnrambo

I think we would more do like Charlton, and stay down there 2-3 years and then go up. It all depends on if SISU is gone or still gonna rape us.

Otis

Reality is though, City fans will be expecting us to do okay and at least win more games than we lose.

Even that may be beyond us.

Johnrambo

Reality is though, City fans will be expecting us to do okay and at least win more games than we lose.

Even that may be beyond us.

midtable for me would be fine, i dont think there will come any players in the summer.

skybluegod

The point is, couldn't ever see the City getting anywhere 90 points. Can you honestly see us winning anything like 27 games next season?

Been a few on here saying we should be close to the play-offs no probs. :facepalm:

ohh right no no chance with our players we need new blood

mark82

Because we will be around the playoffs. Assuming there is no massive fire sale and we can add a couple of players. This of course is assuming the embargo is lifted.

Anyone heard much about Portsmouths situation recently? Really fear they could go out of business.

Otis

Why do you think we will be around the play-offs?

Do you agree we need around 8 players in? If so, where is the money going to come from for these players to come in? We need to strengthen and very much so. We cannot rely on the kids again.

skybluegod

Why do you think we will be around the play-offs?

Do you agree we need around 8 players in? If so, where is the money going to come from for these players to come in? We need to strengthen and very much so. We cannot rely on the kids again.

i wouldn't say we need 8 players in i think 5-6 will do and mayby get us to 8th

Otis

5-6? How many do expect to leave then?

My thoughts are that we have lost Nimely, Norwood and now Clingan. That's 3 players. If we only get 5-6, that will be replacing the 3 and only 2 or 3 more new players coming in and in fact we need to obviously replace those 3 and then have another 5. That would be the 8.

Are you saying we will be okay if we only have just 2 or 3 players more than we had this season?

Johnrambo

My thoughts are that we have lost Nimely, Norwood and now Clingan. That's 3 players. If we only get 5-6, that will be replacing the 3 and only 2 or 3 more new players coming in and in fact we need to obviously replace those 3 and then have another 5. That would be the 8.

Are you saying we will be okay if we only have just 2 or 3 players more than we had this season?

Goals
35 Jordan Rhodes Huddersfield
29 Ched Evans Sheffield U
22 Bradley Wright-Phillips Charlton
21 Stuart Beavon Wycombe
18 Gary Madine Sheffield W

Season before.

Goals
27 Craig Mackail-Smith Peterborough
22 Glenn Murray Brighton
21 Bradley Wright-Phillips Plymouth
21 Richard Lambert Southampton

I cant even name one in your squad that make 15 goals, you wont even come close to the PO without an goalscore.

Gaz

I honestly believe we will finish in the top 6.

canleykid

90 points I think we only just managed that adding the last two seasons together,well we need a goal scored a twenty five goal man,unless we get an attacking midfielder,

mark82

Goals
35 Jordan Rhodes Huddersfield
29 Ched Evans Sheffield U
22 Bradley Wright-Phillips Charlton
21 Stuart Beavon Wycombe
18 Gary Madine Sheffield W

Season before.

Goals
27 Craig Mackail-Smith Peterborough
22 Glenn Murray Brighton
21 Bradley Wright-Phillips Plymouth
21 Richard Lambert Southampton

I cant even name one in your squad that make 15 goals, you wont even come close to the PO without an goalscore.

Yes. We need a goal scorer. May I remind everyone Ched Evans was absolute garbage in the Championship.

Brighton Sky Blue

Must be really gutting.

Can you imagine City amassing 90 points and not going up? :facepalm:

In the 3 points for a win era, our highest total is 66. In the 2 points for a win era, it was 60, on 2 separate occasions. Had the 3 points for a win rule been in place, we'd have got 84 points in 1958/9, and 82 in 1963/4.

Otis

I honestly believe we will finish in the top 6.

Wish I had your faith, Gaz.

We splash the cash a little and bring in several half-decent players then we have a chance. Other than that I just can't see it myself.

Brighton Sky Blue

Point is Otis that predictions this early won't carry much weight as there's all so much up in the air and uncertain-even come August these issues still might not have been settled.

skybluegod

how about the 2 players coming back from loan mcpake and Rod which shouldn't have been sent out in the first place imo so we're only losing 2 players really estwood and clingan as it stands hredasson doesnt count imo ireland was 3rd choice burge can be third choice before you say any of them so we will have 4 new players imo and providing there arnt as many injuries this year then we will do quite well imo

Otis

how about the 2 players coming back from loan mcpake and Rod which shouldn't have been sent out in the first place imo so we're only losing 2 players really estwood and clingan as it stands hredasson doesnt count imo ireland was 3rd choice burge can be third choice before you say any of them so we will have 4 new players imo and providing there arnt as many injuries this year then we will do quite well imo

So you reckon 5-6 but then aren't counting Keogh and Cranie. I am counting Keogh and Cranie so we are singing off the same hymn sheet aren't we?

skybluegod

So you reckon 5-6 but then aren't counting Keogh and Cranie. I am counting Keogh and Cranie so we are singing off the same hymn sheet aren't we?

i think keogh will stay and craine is 50-50 if we sell players though then we will need to get more in

Otis

If Keogh stays I will be very, very happy indeed.

Sisu are notorious for cashing in though and he's the one player we've got who's worth owt. I'm convinced we will sell him.

stupot07

Sorry, feel like a broken record but if anyone thinks we only need 5-6 players please look at what the top 3 teams in the division have done in the transfer market this season: -

Charlton - 18 permanent signings, 1 loan signing (total 19 signings)

Sheffield Wed - 10 permanent signings, 13 loan signings (total 23 signings)

Sheffield United - 9 permanent signings, 8 loan signing (total 17 signings)

skybluegod

Sorry, feel like a broken record but if anyone thinks we only need 5-6 players please look at what the top 3 teams in the division have done in the transfer market this season: -

im being realistic imo it's highly unlikely we'll get more than 5 or 6 signings in unless all the players we get are frees

sylus

If anyone actually thinks we might go up nxt year,is seriously deluded..relegation is sisu and thorns plan.

Otis

Well that's me too, Stu. When I say 8 players that is the very minimum. Temper that though with how many we are likely to get.

Bottom line is, we don't get the sort of numbers you are talking about this will surely be reflected in our league position next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

What's the net number of signings made though Stu?

Users who are viewing this thread