What a turn round... (1 Viewer)

NINOOVCOV

Im amazed that in the first half of the season, up to 23 games we only won 2 games, thats shameful, but what a turn-a-round, because we now have won 7 in this second half of the season, and im now predicting us winning all our remaining home games and maybe getting a draw at bristol and losing at burnley and southamton, which means WE ARE STAYING UP!!!;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Amazing turn around from 13 point in 23 games who would have predicted we would then pick 25 points from the next 17 games?

NINOOVCOV

unbelieveble, i never thought we would escape the relegation zone for the rest of the season at christmas. We now need to get as many up the ricoh next saturday, so the atmospere is tops....

scroobiustom

My cousin (a Spurs fan) has just told me, he is 100% confident Coventry will stay up to quote:

"Who the fuck are Bristol City, of course Coventry will stay up 100%" - wish I was that confident!

Astute

i think he means who didnt BLINDLY expect us to stay up

Me and only a few others that could see the good that was going on. Never said as a fact we would stay up, but it was not a fact. How many said we was down as a fact though when it wasn't a fact?

covcity4life

Me and only a few others that could see the good that was going on. Never said as a fact we would stay up, but it was not a fact. How many said we was down as a fact though when it wasn't a fact?

i dunno,not me

i have always been balanced,gut feeling was we would go down sure but could see the potential

i dunno why you have so much anger towards anyone who ddnt have 100% faith we would stay up

only that matters is every fan has 100% hope

Astute

i dunno,not me

i have always been balanced,gut feeling was we would go down sure but could see the potential

i dunno why you have so much anger towards anyone who ddnt have 100% faith we would stay up

only that matters is every fan has 100% hope

Anger? You are so wrong. I just can't believe the lack of intelligence of some who can't understand how come we did so crap the first half of the season, although we lost just about our whole first team and had to fill the gaps left with youngsters and players not good enough to make the first team last season, then get a run together in the month where we had our hardest run of games all season. Nothing to do with training, gaining experience with players and manager and also how can two loan players that play in positions we have been crying out for all season.

We should be celebrating a good win today. We have some still questioning previous times of the season, not wantiong to think about why.

scroobiustom

Southampton loss could be a master stroke for the Portsmouth game :D

covcity4life

Anger? You are so wrong. I just can't believe the lack of intelligence of some who can't understand how come we did so crap the first half of the season, although we lost just about our whole first team and had to fill the gaps left with youngsters and players not good enough to make the first team last season, then get a run together in the month where we had our hardest run of games all season. Nothing to do with training, gaining experience with players and manager and also how can two loan players that play in positions we have been crying out for all season.

We should be celebrating a good win today. We have some still questioning previous times of the season, not wantiong to think about why.

i am celebrating a great win

you are celebrating a forum argument,thats weird

also i see you still refuse to mention thorn as a reason we did badly sept-dec,not even in some small part!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT SAYING IT WAS ALL HIS FAULT,I AGREE WITH THE REASONS YOU SUGGEST AND HAVE AGREED SINCE START BUT YOU ARE ACTING LIKE HE HAS BEEN PERFECT MANAGER FROM START TO FINISH

Colonel Mustard

You're right, we should be celebrating a good win today, but you're trolling every thread with "me, me, me" and martyrdom comments. Give it a rest and have a pint, eh? It's toe-curling behaviour.

covcity4life

EXACTLY

your a wum astute

AND THE SADDEST THING IS YOU ARE MORE HAPPY THAT YOUR PRO THORN STANCE LOOKS BETTER RATHER THAN THE FACT THE TEAM MIGHT STAY UP

PATHETIC

Delboycov

Fantastic win and all respect to Thorn and the players for turning it around. Forget the Bristol game though...each game as it comes and Peterborough is massive! Had pretty much lost the faith but I am starting to believe now.

Tonylinc

I have to admit that even I am now starting to believe that we can stay up, having said that we would be relegated for most of the season. Is it perhaps that the young players and manager are now becoming more experienced?

WillieStanley

i am celebrating a great win

you are celebrating a forum argument,thats weird

also i see you still refuse to mention thorn as a reason we did badly sept-dec,not even in some small part!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT SAYING IT WAS ALL HIS FAULT,I AGREE WITH THE REASONS YOU SUGGEST AND HAVE AGREED SINCE START BUT YOU ARE ACTING LIKE HE HAS BEEN PERFECT MANAGER FROM START TO FINISH

I've got to say, I object to you belittling blind faith. Faith is based on judgement of the facts. Judgement varies depending on the facts available/experience/knowledge of the individual. There is no such thing a blind faith, just varied judgement.

I think that now we're looking good, you are experiencing whats known as "Sour Grapes"

Astute

You're right, we should be celebrating a good win today, but you're trolling every thread with "me, me, me" and martyrdom comments. Give it a rest and have a pint, eh? It's toe-curling behaviour.

2 threads and we we we. If you had taken the abuse how I had, especially off yourself at times, you would not just melt into the background but ask why are people still bringing up negative comments.

Don't worry about me, had so many beers maybe I should not be on here

Astute

EXACTLY

your a wum astute

AND THE SADDEST THING IS YOU ARE MORE HAPPY THAT YOUR PRO THORN STANCE LOOKS BETTER RATHER THAN THE FACT THE TEAM MIGHT STAY UP

PATHETIC

Just as I have always thought with the insults you have always thrown in the direction of anyone who had faith in us staying up. You are a 1st class pr!ck

dongonzalos

I have to admit that even I am now starting to believe that we can stay up, having said that we would be relegated for most of the season. Is it perhaps that the young players and manager are now becoming more experienced?
the manager achieved this last season when he was even less experienced, before sisu did a hatchetbjob on him. He has just been finally allowed to replace a couple of those loses with loanees and some pros have come back from injury. Great manager who deserves a,lot more credit on this site.

SkyBlue_Bear83

@ Colnel Just wondering if you still feel we are most likely to go down as you have stated many time previously or if the away win has changed your mind?

Astute

WUM, pr!ck, dilusional and many more for months now. No apologies wanted. No apologies expected. Just hope that negativity and moans about the first half of the season can stop. this would be a much happier place, but there again we all need an opinion :D

Maybe I have had a few too many beers but so what. I am celebrating.

Colonel Mustard

@ Colnel Just wondering if you still feel we are most likely to go down as you have stated many time previously or if the away win has changed your mind?

Let's be clear about something: Pompey's 10 point deduction helped us out massively. We'd still be concrete certainties were it not for their...generosity. Now though, the odds are pretty even; so, so much depends on that Bristol away game - hopefully we can win it and then we'd definitely have our noses in front. If we lose it, then it's going to be hard to claw back the points with the games lessening.

Astute

Let's be clear about something: Pompey's 10 point deduction helped us out massively. We'd still be concrete certainties were it not for their...generosity. Now though, the odds are pretty even; so, so much depends on that Bristol away game - hopefully we can win it and then we'd definitely have our noses in front. If we lose it, then it's going to be hard to claw back the points with the games lessening.

Pompey having players they can't afford gave them an advantage. Bought them a cup win. Helped them massively. They are still allowed to cheat signing players whilst under an embago. Did they deserve a 10 point deduction? Not from me. They deserved more for going into admin 3 times in a few years.

Colonel Mustard

Pompey having players they can't afford gave them an advantage. Bought them a cup win. Helped them massively. They are still allowed to cheat signing players whilst under an embago. Did they deserve a 10 point deduction? Not from me. They deserved more for going into admin 3 times in a few years.

It's a completely separate discussion. The truth is that the majority of teams in the Championship are guilty, to some degree, of what Pompey did. Most finance their teams on deep debt. Pompey overstretched themselves and have been rightfully punished, but as I say, we got damn lucky with that; it makes our sinful away form less of a factor.

Brighton Sky Blue

CCFC win away for the first time in a year, get out the drop zone for the first time since October, and it's met with bitchy thread after bitchy thread.

Astute

It's a completely separate discussion. The truth is that the majority of teams in the Championship are guilty, to some degree, of what Pompey did. Most finance their teams on deep debt. Pompey overstretched themselves and have been rightfully punished, but as I say, we got damn lucky with that; it makes our sinful away form less of a factor.

So the majority of teams in the Championship have gone into admin 3 times and robbed local charities and busnesses of money? No luck if it happens. It is criminal that the league has let them and helped them to keep on cheating and not using youth players like we had to. Glad you can disagree with this :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread