What a shambles! (1 Viewer)

ronan_cov

Last night at Coventry's win over Sheffield United, i, along with about 1000 other fans missed the first 10 minutes because not enough turnstiles were open. I don't know why but they closed the telegraph stand for the last couple of games which meant closing the turnstiles. When i got off the mini bus i seen hundreds of fans outside the stadium, i thought it was some part time supporters coming to watch a quarter final but i was wrong. I walked round looking for a turnstile but just seen massive ques, when i eventually got into one i got near the front and heard someone say this was a cash only turnstile. I did not see one sign telling me that it was a cash only turnstile so that was a waste of time. I then got into another Que which was joining another going into 1 turnstile! 100 people going into 1 turnstile at kick off. i asked a steward why it was so busy and he said 'its your own fault, everyone turned up late' if he didn't notice a whole stand was shut. What was stopping them using one of them metal barriers that people were hopping anyway and closing off the stand behind the telegraph turnstiles so people got in the stadium faster? People were just hopping the barriers anyway that were stopping them spill onto the road. However, I was put in a good mood when a big man in a Santa hat shouted at the ref during his poor performance, 'Your going on my naughty list!' Cramming everyone into the east stand did create a better atmosphere. To be fair to the stewards i don't think anybody was expecting such a big crowd!

Hadenough

Still at least things cannot get any worse...............................:eek: apparently it can,ney did

Otis

I missed the first 10 minutes too.

All those people coming in late, trying to find their seats and totally blocking my view!

All I can say is I got to the ground 25 mins before kick off and there was not a single person in front of me, nor behind me. Straight in through the turnstiles.

Fans at least partly to blame here I feel in most cases.

deanocity3

I missed the first 10 minutes too.

All those people coming in late, trying to find their seats and totally blocking my view!

All I can say is I got to the ground 25 mins before kick off and there was not a single person in front of me, nor behind me. Straight in through the turnstiles.

Fans at least partly to blame here I feel in most cases.
they would have got in sooner if more were open though

Otis

Yes, true. Accept that of course.

Common sense would have told people though that it was only a fiver, could pay on the gate and only one stand was going to be open.

Otis

What time did they arrive then?

25 mins before there was hardly a single soul around the entire stadium and turnstiles.

Seems like a lot of people left it very late.

stupot07

I arrived a bit later than normal, the queues were big, but it didn't take long to get in with a ticket and I was in my seat before kick off. The pay on the gate queues were even bigger

Otis

Must be very hard though for the club to 2nd guess a walk up such as this. They'd sold just under 8,000 before kick off, so it does seem the case that 2,000 paid cash on the night.

georgehudson

i got there 15mins before kick off,
big queues, little signage, stewards unsure of which gates were which,
and missed the first 8 mins,

slyblue57

Well i paid for my ticket on my season ticket as usual for cup games. Caused havoc at the turnstyle as I scanned it and went to go through
the gateman stopped me and said i could nt come in with the season ticket and had to go and get a paper ticket. I told him i did nt need a paper ticket
and he had no idea what to do. I said I was going nowhere so he let me in. Where do they get these people !

Otis

i got there 15mins before kick off,
big queues, little signage, stewards unsure of which gates were which,
and missed the first 8 mins,

Interesting that. So from 25 mins to go and not a soul there it went to 15 mins to go and big queues.

Just seems like a freak incident then.

ashbyjan

If it was like this at the Ricoh imagine the shambles when SISU have us playing at the Triton Shower Community Arena in Nuneaton

Users who are viewing this thread