What a bunch of c**** at Sunderland (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMoran

before all this bile against us came to our attention, i used really like Sunderland, and felt fondness for them, and if playing against Newcastle I would always cheer on Sunderland.

But now, seeing how everything they do badly is always someone else's fault, not how they played for the other 41 games etc and there real hatred towards us, then now i will relish every bad result,(which knowing them will be someone else's fault), bad spell of form,(which will be someone else's fault), and relegation, (which will be someone else's fault) etc. I will rub my hands with glee come the certain implosion once Martin O'Neill will see's all the money he was promised was just a lie.

Have you ever seen that ridiculous named stadium, (why could'nt they name it something original instead of copying Benfica's,its a pathetic name) ever full.

Never have i seen that ground full and they say there passionate !!. Come ON the TOON, now that's what i call a big club

The Rev

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::laugh:

Keep it in mind that this thread is based on a selection of comments on a Sunderland forum. People mouth off on these sites, so we can take their comments with a pinch of salt as they should ours. Wishing a Club out of existence is fairly low, but if the roles were reversed and I remembered that season vividly I am sure I would have some general animosity towards them (I doubt I would wish their supporters to be without a club 30+ years later when we are nowhere close to being in the same division, but who's to say). We have got far more pressing things on our mind than the opinions of a proportion of Mackems; it is a shame that Jimmy Hill has his dissenters but I doubt he would lose much sleep and neither shall I.

TomMoran

The BIG thing with Karma as you say it can come right back at YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

Before reading this chilish ridiculous thread I had no opinion of SAFC .......... now I realise how ridiculous this is and more over I have been to many City and Sunderland games over the years that have had wins, draws and us lose and never experienced any of this issue which is why many of us are so baffled by this pathetic and downright nasty attitude towards CCFC

So why now ? All of a sudden ? I can assure you most Cov fans no nothing of it.

The major pathetic thing is here and where you lose any credit as football fans and appear as TOTAL SCUM is that you are in all manner taking the piss out of CCFC and its loyal non johnny come lately fans who have been let down by the clubs owners. I cannot see how anyone who calls themself a football fan would do that

We all love football but I absolutely hate wankers with the attitude that you have and the rest of your fickle fans. Get a hold of yourself and concentrate on your own club

I wouldn't generalise and label all SAFC fans the same my friend, the old boy's affected at the time are thinking that your possible relegation is revenge for what happened.

Like I said, if it was CCFC that had been relegated due to match fixing and nothing was done at the time, you'd still be slightly narked by being cheated - and please don't say that you wouldn't

TomMoran

Keep it in mind that this thread is based on a selection of comments on a Sunderland forum. People mouth off on these sites, so we can take their comments with a pinch of salt as they should ours. Wishing a Club out of existence is fairly low, but if the roles were reversed and I remembered that season vividly I am sure I would have some general animosity towards them (I doubt I would wish their supporters to be without a club 30+ years later when we are nowhere close to being in the same division, but who's to say). We have got far more pressing things on our mind than the opinions of a proportion of Mackems; it is a shame that Jimmy Hill has his dissenters but I doubt he would lose much sleep and neither shall I.

well said, apart from the Jimmy Hill bit :)

TomMoran

you never have an intelligent response, sums up Sunderland really.

it's all the nonsense that you chaps keep coming up about Newcastle, have i mentioned Leicster or Villa or Blues - all bigger clubs than CCFC ? no real need to - you're the ones with the inferiority complex, and owners that are about to pull the plug...

BackRoomRummermill

I wouldn't generalise and label all SAFC fans the same my friend, the old boy's affected at the time are thinking that your possible relegation is revenge for what happened.

Like I said, if it was CCFC that had been relegated due to match fixing and nothing was done at the time, you'd still be slightly narked by being cheated - and please don't say that you wouldn't

We were relegated from the prem and we have moved on............. like so many clubs have done.

The way SAFC old boys are behaving is akin to when I lived in Scotland for 18 years and had to put up with stupid grown men of Scottish Decent singing flower of scotland over the English team National anthem and pulling moonies at the players on the TV in pubs fucking childish and pathetic..... I used to just laugh at them like I laugh at chimps in a zoo and that is exactly the way I am laughing at you :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Get over it .......

procdoc

it's all the nonsense that you chaps keep coming up about Newcastle, have i mentioned Leicster or Villa or Blues - all bigger clubs than CCFC ? no real need to - you're the ones with the inferiority complex, and owners that are about to pull the plug...

yeah they are bigger clubs than us, so what? Even with your so called millions and Newcastle having that muppet Mike Ashley in charge they are still a bigger club than you, they always have been, always will be

rob9872

I have no issue with them wishing relegation on us if that's what makes them happy. They can't affect it and it matters not but they are entitled if they still feel wronged. At some point though you surely say, enough is enough and move on.

What I find harder to comprehend is that 'brothers' of the football community could wish a club out of existence. It's ok saying it about United or Arsenal or similar because that's never going to happen, but to wish it on a club and community for whom its a very real possibility is about as low as it gets. Knowing exactly how I feel about my team, there is no way that I would ever wish that on any team or set of supporters, particularly for such trivial reasoning.

SkyBlueMania

Summed it up well Rob, I cannot believe that a group of fans would wish such horrible things upon a set of supporters who will most likely have no memory of the incident in the first place. Grow up and leave it in the past. At least since then Sunderland fans have been able to experience Ups as well as the Downs unlike us, you would think they would have gotten over it by now, pretty pathetic.

Sterling Archer

There's a lot of Coventry fans coming off on this thread in the same manner as the Sunderland fans from the linked thread.

I'm embarrassed by some of the non-sensical and childish responses from some of my own clubs fans in here.

Moff

Very sorry to offend you, but as many of my family are passionate Newcastle fans I couldnt pass up on a bit of tossing you the bone, so you bit. I think the inferiority complex lies in your backyard.

Your'e right you havent mentioned our local rivals, but then our fans dont rant and rave about a far off midlands club like rabid dogs, wishing for the death of the club.

As one poster said its just banter, but then personally unlike some sundreland fans I wouldnt wish for any clubs demise, but then some will go lower than others.

Yes our owners may pull the plug, but then another may just well walk in. Think yourself lucky that your'e owner continues to bankroll you, because one day he might just walk away and leave you in the financial mire as well.

TheRoyalScam

I was a naive first year undergraduate when Sunderland were relegated. There was an older student from Sunderland who lived in the same house. His response to his club being 'cheated' (!) was to completely ignore me because I was a CCFC fan: not so much as a reply to my 'good morning' or 'hi', just a total blank as if I didn't exist. As a result of the tension, the rest of the house decided the solution was to fight fire with fire - they all blanked him, he left the house, and ultimately failed his degree. I found it all very sad at the time, yet to see such a vitriolic hatred continue over 30 years later is even sadder.

It's not all Sunderland fans though. I forged many friendships in the 80s when I regularly worked there. I also remember some great banter with Sunderland fans before and in central London after our famous victory at White Hart Lane.

joemercersaces

I was there. There were some 15,000 Bristol City fans at the game and the match was delayed by 15 minutes to ease congestion, no doubt on police advice. That's a fact. So our game was always going to end 15 minutes after theirs. Do they really imagine Jimmy Hill arranged that just in case? If Sunderland had won then either us or Bristol would have gone down. Things weren't instant then and it was with about 5 minutes left that the result from Everton was transmitted. Both teams effectively called a draw.

So what would they have done? Imagine if the boot was on the other foot. Every single one of them would have celebrated the fact they were safe and screamed at the team not to take any chances. Would the manager have conveyed the fact that a draw was enough to the team? Would he have pressed for a winner? Would he Feck!

We have more reason to resent them thanks to Summerbee's horrendous career ending 'tackle' on Steve Froggatt a few years ago.

Banter is fair enough, gloating at a club's potential demise is just pathetic.

skybluehugh

To all the Sunderland fans reading this, you're all pathetic c*nts, it happened 35 YEARS AGO. Get the fuck over it and move on you pathetic wankers :jerkit:

They must all have french blood in them as they carn't forget the past either:slap:
:slap::slap:

DazzleTommyDazzle

It seems almost churlish to bring facts into the matter as they're obviously enjoying their vendetta so much - but if no rules had been broken neither Coventry nor Sunderland would have gone down that year.

This was (for our younger readers) in the days before big squads and squad rotation. In '81 Villa won the league having only used (if I remember correctly) something like 15 players all season. It was a league rule that teams had to field their "strongest possible" team in all games.

West Ham and Bristol City were deep in the relegation doo doo. The Monday before the Cup Final (between Man Utd and L'pool) West Ham beat a Man Utd reserve team and Bristol City beat a reserve Liverpool team. Those points eventually meant that they both stayed up. Had Utd and Liverpool played their normal teams, it's highly likely (a racing certainty) that the results would have been different.

Blueandwhites

Oh come on, calm down please - why the foul language and rude gestures? every sport has its great characters; Jimmy Hill/ football, Rob Sloan/marathon. It's all about getting that extra little bit of cutting edge.... ; ) (......or taking the bus for the last 6 miles...) how about someone starts a new thread on the most audacious sporting

Changeyourface

People on this thread have actually brought me round to Sunderlands way of thinking. I don't give a shit if we cheated them out of staying up or whatever they can go fuck themselves. But I hate Liverpool for keeping us out of Europe the murdering wankers (although their karma has already come and gone) and as a Scotland fan I hate england. And I'd happily wish for teams like villa and celtic to go bust and never come back. A lot of you are being way over sensitive about the whole thing, Sunderland can go and build a fucking Jimmy Hill bonfire for all I care.

Otis

I was there. There were some 15,000 Bristol City fans at the game and the match was delayed by 15 minutes to ease congestion, no doubt on police advice. That's a fact. So our game was always going to end 15 minutes after theirs. Do they really imagine Jimmy Hill arranged that just in case? If Sunderland had won then either us or Bristol would have gone down. Things weren't instant then and it was with about 5 minutes left that the result from Everton was transmitted. Both teams effectively called a draw.

So what would they have done? Imagine if the boot was on the other foot. Every single one of them would have celebrated the fact they were safe and screamed at the team not to take any chances. Would the manager have conveyed the fact that a draw was enough to the team? Would he have pressed for a winner? Would he Feck!

We have more reason to resent them thanks to Summerbee's horrendous career ending 'tackle' on Steve Froggatt a few years ago.

Banter is fair enough, gloating at a club's potential demise is just pathetic.

I was there too. The match was delayed on police advice as there were still a stack load of fans who were yet to get to and into the ground.

I stood under the scoreboard so didn't see the score being flashed up. I was totally stunned that the game just ground to a halt with no tackles, no harrying, no shots, just passes backwards and forwards and around in triangles.

In the spirit of the game this was wrong. However, Sunderland lost their game. That was not CCFC's fault. Nor was it Jimmy Hill's. The game was delayed by the police. That was nothing to do with Jimmy Hill.

Yes, both teams played out the game for a draw and it was something I was not comfortable with. But, I think you will find that it is now 2012, not 1977.

Both teams played out for the draw, so how come only CCFC get the vitriol? Jimmy Hill did not delay the game, the police did. All he arranged to do was to have the score of the Sunderland game displayed on the scoreboard. Had he not done that, do you not think word would have come from the bench of the Sunderland score? Ridiculous to believe that the only way the players would have known would have been via the scoreboard. Word would have come from the bench. Both managers and teams agreed to see the match peter out into a draw. Jimmy Hill was not the manager.

This has now all turned into an urban legend. Maybe you lot all still hate all Germans because of World War II. :(:thinking about::facepalm:

Move on for pity's sake.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I can't believe there are 21 sodding pages on the tossers! Who gives a fig? Best way of dealing with this sort of idiot is to ignore them. Like.

Skyblue4u

People on this thread have actually brought me round to Sunderlands way of thinking. I don't give a shit if we cheated them out of staying up or whatever they can go fuck themselves. But I hate Liverpool for keeping us out of Europe the murdering wankers (although their karma has already come and gone) and as a Scotland fan I hate england. And I'd happily wish for teams like villa and celtic to go bust and never come back. A lot of you are being way over sensitive about the whole thing, Sunderland can go and build a fucking Jimmy Hill bonfire for all I care.

Don't you mean your jealous of england and are getting a bit mixed up with your words after 10 cans of tennets super larger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread