What’s the weirdest food you’ve ever eaten? (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

My brother treated me out for a meal in a Thai restaurant Banbury for my 50th birthday (17 years ago!) I ate frogs legs just to try. They were bloody lovely! Also had fresh oysters in Spain. Straight from the shell, down the throat! Mmmm!
View attachment 15506

Were you eating those or giving them love?

Corrado

Sheeps Brain in France, one bite and...
giphy.gif

OffenhamSkyBlue

It was in a glorious Japanese banquet. To be honest I couldn’t eat it. It was a 9 course experience that cost around £200 per head. One course looked like some kind of penis. I couldn’t even look at what it was. I’d have rather had a chip and curry sauce tray at the parsons nose
That was a mirror!

(Sorry - cheap jibe - couldn't resist!)

Terry Gibson's perm

Had the chance to eat piranhas that we had caught while in the jungle in Venezuela but decided against it as I had seen the crap meat we caught them with so they will obviously eat anything, when I say caught I didn’t catch one of the little bastards but others caught loads

Halftime Orange

Chicken feet in a chinese restaurant for chinese people in birmingham, just skin and claws pretty much. Let's just say I won't be eating them again.

skyblueusername

Pollenta. I remember my first holiday in Italy and the hotel restaurant put what looked like a yellow scouring pad on my plate.
I've eaten some of the things mentioned on this thread such as snails, ostrich and swordfish etc but this "thing" didnt even resemble something edible.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pollenta. I remember my first holiday in Italy and the hotel restaurant put what looked like a yellow scouring pad on my plate.
I've eaten some of the things mentioned on this thread such as snails, ostrich and swordfish etc but this "thing" didnt even resemble something edible.

Yeah that stuff's never looked too appealing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Heard on the radio the other day, seriously, if you haven't got wine or don't want to buy it you can use strong black tea in its place in dishes like this.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

I'd have thought that'd taste pretty rank to be honest! I've made it quite a few times and played around with different cheap red wines and it does make some but not a great difference to the flavour.

skyblueusername

Heard on the radio the other day, seriously, if you haven't got wine or don't want to buy it you can use strong black tea in its place in dishes like this.

Swap the radio for wine, seriously, tea is no substitute for wine in any situation.

fernandopartridge

I'd have thought that'd taste pretty rank to be honest! I've made it quite a few times and played around with different cheap red wines and it does make some but not a great difference to the flavour.
Apparently it's the tannins, I'm tempted to try it out tbh. I was going to make Stifado on Saturday but might go with Beef Bourgignon

Brighton Sky Blue

Apparently it's the tannins, I'm tempted to try it out tbh. I was going to make Stifado on Saturday but might go with Beef Bourgignon

That BBC recipe's very good, as is their goulash one. The stifado ones look a bit more fiddly but always wanted to try it.

Brighton Sky Blue

You might be able to order one in a few weeks.
Stiffado Lol
Makes me think of something to talk to the missus about ;)

Heh, we decided to rearrange going to Greece til mid August. If it's still looking dodgy we'll go next year.

shmmeee

I like a strawberry jam and mild cheddar sandwich, always gets a comment but it’s bloody lovely.

Malaka

Ambelopoulia. My dad used to put nets across the olive trees in Cyprus to catch tiny songbirds. He would take them out of the net, bite them on the neck to kill them. Feathers off, pickled, and eaten bones and all. Disgusting. It is banned now as the birds are an endangered species. You never used to hear a bird sing in the 70's and 80's they had nearly eaten the lot.

skyblueinBaku

Not a fan of either but Marmite I find worse than peanut butter. And crunchy peanut butter is worse than smooth.
I really like Marmite! Peanut butter is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread