We've had a good run (1 Viewer)

SonofErnie

The teams listed below have all spent time in the 3rd tier of English football since the last time City played at that level. Most of them are the same size or bigger clubs than City, with some being league champions or winning European trophies. I think it's time to accept we've had a good run and it's inevitable that relegation will be our fate this season. At least the list does show one thing, it is probable that the club will emerge stronger from this period and go on to better things !

Leeds
Man City
Wolves
West Brom
Birmingham
Leicester
Southampton
Norwich
Forest
Villa
Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield United
Stoke
Bolton
Fulham
Bristol City
Middlesborough
Sunderland
Derby
Portsmouth

Paxman II

Half of them are smaller clubs than the Sky Blues.

Your point of 'accepting' something as inevitable is not the way forward and I certainly don't accept it is inevitable. Nothing is inevitable when you can do something about it.

I will only accept death as inevitable! :wave:

stupot07

Half of them are smaller clubs than the Sky Blues.

Your point of 'accepting' something as inevitable is not the way forward and I certainly don't accept it is inevitable. Nothing is inevitable when you can do something about it.

I will only accept death as inevitable! :wave:

You forgot tax's and cov selling their beat players.

Out of interest which half do you consider to be smaller clubs than us? And how are you defining size?

changing-man

in my adult life the teams listed below have also spent time in the 3rd tier

luton
rushden and diamonds
grimsby
wrexham
york
mansfield
lincoln
cambridge utd
stockport

Paxman II

stupot... the debate on club 'size' has often been on these forums and no definitive answer can be agreed.

However i take my considerable years of support through the decades and equate that to successes of the clubs I've come to know (time in top division/cups etc) and the obvious size of town (fan base - i.e. Newcastle is a smaller town than Coventry but a bigger club) and traditional values (i.e. Forest are twice European cup winners)

Coventional wisdom on that list suggest these are the bigger clubs than us on that list:

Forest
Leeds
Sheff Wed
Man City
Villa

..and arguably Sunderland and Derby.

Users who are viewing this thread