westwood (1 Viewer)

BurbageSkyBlues

hardly surprising - said many times, he was a good keeper at our level, but no where near premiership quality, with poor decision making and lack of command in his box, if you pardon the phrase!

wish him well, though.

ccfcway

it really isnt a problem, he will get a move to a top championship club with another signing on fee

sky_blue_up_north

Yeah, but his on a reported 25K a week, I would sit on the bench for that for the next 2 years. I like Westwood, but you can't have it both way, money or playing take your choice.

Joy Division

Westwood did really well at Sunderland in the games that he played so i'm not sure why people are questioning his ability. Its just unfortunate for him that Mignolet was doing even better and kept the number 1 slot.

Maybe a bit of a judgement error from him moving to a club that already had two top goalkeepers. I still think he's premiership class.

Gaz

I don't think he is a bad keeper because Mignolet is ahead of him, as Mignolet is a very good keeper.

lordsummerisle

Kept us up for three seasons, great goalkeeper, still young for a keeper, will be number one at a Prem club(even if not Sunderland).

ccfctommy

Still think if he declared himself for England he may have a chance to get into the squad. Quality keeper.

Delboycov

Best keeper we've had since Oggy and in the games he's played for slumberland he's proved he's Premiership class. Done absolutely nothing wrong apart from maybe go to the wrong club. Those saying he's not all that now are embarrassing themselves...

torchomatic

I thought Westwood was a great keeper. However, I do think some of these players need to think hard about the clubs they go to. They're too quick to go "kerching!" before thinking whether in the long run it's going to do their career any good. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Steve.B50

Michael Quirk a Coventry Born and bred keeper who had so much promise, still lives locally. He was released at end of previous season, Westwood once said he would be better than him. Now at Tamworth.

Astute

One step closer to being an ever present on the bench

theprince

Confirmed this morning that Gordon has been released.
He cost £9million, just sums up to me what this Premier league is all about. After the first eleven and 4 or 5 reserves, it's the money that is the magnet. Can't blame the players. Bolton have just released 12, and they went down. Those 12 if any good should walk into any championship team Oh ! Bolton are a championship team.

Users who are viewing this thread