Westwood (1 Viewer)

Sky

Awesome double save by Westwood against united...makes you realIse how many points a season he was worth to us

Nonleagueherewecome

Was just about to start a thread on this WHAT a double save, Hansen and Lawro waxing lyrical...makes you realise just what we've been missin! He won't look back from this, he has to stay in as a first choice now, surely? About time too.

Gaz

He really was worth his weight in gold for us and got us a lot of points every season he was with us.

I really hope he does well.

pusbccfc

The motd guys said he wouldn't make a better save...has he seen Cov away at blues when we won 1-0 and the save for carlise in the play offs v leeds!

Nonleagueherewecome

And the amazing dives to his side against Blackpool and Scunthorpe..one of which is still known as "the Banks save" to some of us.

skybluesteve76

And all the times he didn't move when long range efforts nestled into the bottom corner!:)
Awesome double save from close range, but we saw that every week, no suprise to us how well he played.
I think he'll keep his place now.

torchomatic

I've nothing against Westwood or any of the others wanting to better themselves. Good luck to him. I do think it's odd though when players would rather sit on the bench than play football.

Sutty

He's up they're with bellamy and bothroyd in my most hated greedy money grabbing c**ts for me

What a truly pathetic statement. Did he criticise the fans after leaving? Did he constantly whinge and moan and ask for a move?

The only thing I can think of as to why you might think
that is he ran his contract down, meaning we lost him for
free.

So let's have a go at Murphy shall we? Or Dunn when he
plays? Or Keogh? Or McPake? Or McSheffrey? Or
O'Donovan?

All of those players came to us either for free or for a
small compensation fee because their contracts had run down.

ICHAN

Who gives a shit he's gone, what he or any other player does else where makes no differance to us what so ever (unless we get money for any clauses) so sorry don't give a monkeys arse.

Johnnythespider

Our best keeper since Oggy IMO, worth at least 15 poiints a season. sometimes players move up a league knowing they won't get straight into the team but wait for there chance to prove themselves. I think Westwood will prove himself.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who gives a shit he's gone, what he or any other player does else where makes no differance to us what so ever (unless we get money for any clauses) so sorry don't give a monkeys arse.
I think at the moment people would rather discuss about ex players than our own sorry state of affairs.

Nonleagueherewecome

Some of us aren't so myopic as to think that football doesn't exist outside of CCFC. Westwood was a fantastic player for this club and a lot of City fans wish him well. The comments slagging him off are very short-sighted and immature; do we have to wait 30 years until they come back with the Former Players Association before we can admit that he was a good player? Do grow up.

ajsccfc

Good luck to him I say. We signed him on a three-year contract, he gave us three good years and then moved onwards and upwards.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yep, that's how football works now. If we really wanted to keep him, we would have had to offer him a deal he was likely to consider after his first season, not wait until it was too late.

Users who are viewing this thread