Westbrooke (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

With our current glut of midfielders would it be a good idea to loan out Westbrook for some game time? He’s started well this season but is obviously down the pecking order behind any combination of Shipley, O’Hare, Kelly, Walsh and Allen

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

With our current glut of midfielders would it be a good idea to loan out Westbrook for some game time? He’s started well this season but is obviously down the pecking order behind any combination of Shipley, O’Hare, Kelly, Walsh and Allen
Only when Kelly and Allen are fit .

TTG

I see where your coming from, but no. We wouldn't want him to get injured valuable backups uncertainty not with our current injuries.

Certainly not the most ludicrous thing I've seen on this forum though

Frank Sidebottom

Kelly and Allen are still out and We've got 2 Checkatrade games and Early round(s) of the Fa Cup before Christmas... Maybe in January but ideally to another league 1 team and only if the rest are still fit/playing well.

cc84cov

He’s clearly good enough for league 1 but we’re gonna piss the league so he’s not good enough for our best XI atm.
Technically he’s good enough I feel he needs to impose himself more,probably the reason why he was the one to make way for O’Hare

Magwitch

He’s played well but Walsh, O’Hare and Shipley are better players, will be interesting to see what happens When Kelly and Allen are fit

Johhny Blue

It’s all about man management and player development. I accept we’re waiting for Allen & Kelly to come back but barring some kind of nuclear disaster his minutes are realistically going to be very limited.
A loan doesn’t have to be season long and there could be a recall clause but surely game time would have to be a positive thing.

CanadianCCFC

It’s all about man management and player development. I accept we’re waiting for Allen & Kelly to come back but barring some kind of nuclear disaster his minutes are realistically going to be very limited.
A loan doesn’t have to be season long and there could be a recall clause but surely game time would have to be a positive thing.
And here I was thinking you were solely on this forum to stir things up.

stevefloyd

I see where your coming from, but no. We wouldn't want him to get injured valuable backups uncertainty not with our current injuries.

Certainly not the most ludicrous thing I've seen on this forum though

As a matter of interest what is then?

Cov kid 55

I actually think he should be starting, not going out on loan or on the bench. He is out most composed midfielder, rarely gives the ball away, and we therefore retain possession more effectively. He should start, particularly when we’re playing a strong team, like today.

Terry Gibson's perm

I actually think he should be starting, not going out on loan or on the bench. He is out most composed midfielder, rarely gives the ball away, and we therefore retain possession more effectively. He should start, particularly when we’re playing a strong team, like today.

It shows how we all see things differently I feel the game passes him by and because he gets involved in set pieces looks important

SBAndy

Westbrooke back into the team for Tranmere please. Move O’Hare out wide and drop Hiwula.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

He doesn’t look dynamic like O’Hare or Walsh, but he helps us to retain possession, which we didn’t do today. As you say though, fans views are often different.

I’ve said it before but Westbrooke often gets criticised for being too ‘safe’ and not taking enough risks. Today screamed out for a safe passer and someone who was just going to calm things down in midfield. Walsh, Shipley and O’Hare all take risks to varying degrees of success. I would like to see Westbrooke back in the team for these situations, I don’t think he did a lot wrong to get dropped and certainly hasn’t had any performances as bad as Walsh/Shipley today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread