Westbrooke will be class..... (2 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

In the games I've seen, he reminds me more of Ben Stevenson than Bayliss in terms of his style of play. Drops into a space and plays a pass - looked like he wants the ball to do the work and is less direct than Bayliss.

Completely agree, he doesn’t look as though he’ll run at players as Bayliss does, but is more of a ball player.

I like what I’ve seen so far, looks composed, drops into good positions and technically very good too.

He’s had a strange season really, I know he’s one for the future, but he’s played a few then been nowhere near the squad for other games. I’m hoping he’ll get more game time next season and continue to develop.

larry_david

Yes the bayliss comparison is ridiculous. Surely it's based on looks as well as CET drowning us all last summer about how he is an exact clone of Bayliss. I've only seen him play twice and he is very clearly not a Tom bayliss type player

Esoterica

Completely agree, he doesn’t look as though he’ll run at players as Bayliss does, but is more of a ball player.

I like what I’ve seen so far, looks composed, drops into good positions and technically very good too.

He’s had a strange season really, I know he’s one for the future, but he’s played a few then been nowhere near the squad for other games. I’m hoping he’ll get more game time next season and continue to develop.
I would say next season is make or break for him. He's 22, 23 in October. If he's not getting near the first team by that age he'll need to drop another level to get game time.

NorthernWisdom

Yes the bayliss comparison is ridiculous. Surely it's based on looks as well as CET drowning us all last summer about how he is an exact clone of Bayliss. I've only seen him play twice and he is very clearly not a Tom bayliss type player
Whenever I've seen him, I've not really seen him!

He's been pretty anonymous.

That doesn't mean he *won't* step up, but he's not exactly been battering down the door to keep his place in the starting XI this season.

harvey098

The lad must be gutted. He had a fantastic start to the season. Ran his nuts off every game, involved in nearly all our goals even scoring a couple himself and cm’s away from a 30 yard screamer. Now finds himself out the team. I like Walsh too but do feel for Westbrooke.. with Kelly and Allen to come back as well it’s hard to see how he’ll get another game this season.

I looked at the goal we conceded again and it was down to a huge gap from midfielders not tracking back.

CanadianCCFC

If Kelly isn’t fit can we play Westbrooke and Shipley at the base of midfield with O’Hare slightly further forward? Can the two of them cover defensively?

Sky Blue Pete

The lad must be gutted. He had a fantastic start to the season. Ran his nuts off every game, involved in nearly all our goals even scoring a couple himself and cm’s away from a 30 yard screamer. Now finds himself out the team. I like Walsh too but do feel for Westbrooke.. with Kelly and Allen to come back as well it’s hard to see how he’ll get another game this season.

I looked at the goal we conceded again and it was down to a huge gap from midfielders not tracking back.
I think hyam coming across early stops that goal

Liquid Gold

If Walsh continues with giving the ball away in dangerous areas and taking half an hour to get going I'd be tempted to put Westbooke back in. It's annoying that with all the midfielders we have only Kelly can really play the holding role.

Cov kid 55

Westbrooke ensures that we retain possession, and was really important to the way in which we dominated Blackpool in the second half, doesn’t give the ball away. I think I would start him, particularly against good teams where possession is particularly important.

rob9872

I think he was really unlucky to be left out, but having been wanting O'Hare to play, he was the obvious one to miss out. I assumed when Kelly/Allen fit that Shippers would be the next one to be displaced, but the longer he plays there, the better and more assured he looks and whilst our unbeaten run goes on, then if fit, I think they should bide their time and wait for a spot now.

Users who are viewing this thread