West Midlands To Be Renamed? (1 Viewer)

Not sure how true this is, but I've heard rumours the Government are talking to local councils over the possibility of changing our county's name from West Midlands to Greater Birmingham. From what I understand, it would be very similar to the set up in Greater Manchester. Like I said, I don't know how true this is. For all I know it could turn out to be 100% bullshit, but stranger things have happened. Just wondered what everyone thinks about this?

RFC

Missed it already WASPSHIRE. LOL

Not me I'll be miles away.

New stadium, sooner the better!

Ashdown

They can create their greater Birmingham bollox if they like................as long as they firmly place Coventry back at the heart of Warwickshire as it once was and should be.

Sick Boy

They were talking about this a while ago with Coventry being included in Greater Birmingham.

Ashdown

Well this cunty council { forced from central offices I might add } are determined to build on the green belt that gradually will join the two Cities, so it wouldn't surprise me.

chiefdave

Given that Birmingham would be the dominant partner how do you stop them putting everything in their favour and Coventry getting the worst of everything?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As far as I'm concerned, Coventry is in Warwickshire - always was, always will be. F**k the West Midlands! It's a Metropolitan Borough, not a county!

Otis

Missed it already WASPSHIRE. LOL

Not me I'll be miles away.

New stadium, sooner the better!

Waspshire! I like it.

That would mean two areas to be renamed. All the local councils merging and becoming Greater Birmingham and CCFC moving to their new stadium in Nowheresville.

We used to be the business capital of England. Everything was made here. Cars, weapons for the war, toys. Now look at us. I don't think business-wise we can fall much lower. But I expect Birmingham will get the best of it, much like Manchester

Users who are viewing this thread