West Midland Grounds ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Apparently we are looking at three grounds in the West Midlands to share there are the obvious ones Villa, Birmingham, West Brom and Wolves, i imagine their "firms" will be rubbing their hands on that prospect every two weeks then there is Walsall who knows what their locals will think. But there are one or two other grounds in the West Midland area, Soihull Borough or are the Solihull Moors now, not sure, and the Lamb at Tamworth, now that would fit the bill, only holds about 4000 anymore non-league within the West Midlands.

skybluesam66

they also said they were expecting 7000 if we did well

this limits us to the 5 West midlands clubs

looks to me like walsall of those is the only option (or the Alexander stadium)

letsallsingtogether

I beleive Wolves and West brom are out of the 25 mile range Fisher quoted that leave s Vile,Brum and Walsall Vile is to big so that leaves 2? Brum are also short of money and in a different league to ourselves so that would not cause problems of a home clash unless we meet in the cup? just a thought.

:blue::blue:
Apparently we are looking at three grounds in the West Midlands to share there are the obvious ones Villa, Birmingham, West Brom and Wolves, i imagine their "firms" will be rubbing their hands on that prospect every two weeks then there is Walsall who knows what their locals will think. But there are one or two other grounds in the West Midland area, Soihull Borough or are the Solihull Moors now, not sure, and the Lamb at Tamworth, now that would fit the bill, only holds about 4000 anymore non-league within the West Midlands.

RoboCCFC90

I beleive Wolves and West brom are out of the 25 mile range Fisher quoted that leave s Vile,Brum and Walsall Vile is to big so that leaves 2? Brum are also short of money and in a different league to ourselves so that would not cause problems of a home clash unless we meet in the cup? just a thought.

I reckon it will be Birmingham

SkyBlueHomer

I think they are bluffing.

Villa/WBA - These are premiership clubs, don't need the extra income or hassle from an extra 23 games + cup games played at their ground and trashing their pitch.
Wolves - Stated above seems that mileage would put this out the equation
Birmingham, - Possible but what about local police would they put a stop to it or policing costs make it unrealistic

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think they are bluffing.

Villa/WBA - These are premiership clubs, don't need the extra income or hassle from an extra 23 games + cup games played at their ground and trashing their pitch.
Wolves - Stated above seems that mileage would put this out the equation
Birmingham, - Possible but what about local police would they put a stop to it or policing costs make it unrealistic
Easily stopped all you have to do is get in touch with the police voicing your concerns that the safety of fans travelling to theses grounds may be compromised due to the fact that some will not be entering the ground theyre going to love that

RoboCCFC90

It must be right then. SUCKER

Oh so because this isn't a trustworthy source of information, you must have perfect and inexcusable evidence that we shall continue to play at the Ricoh and stay there for a hundred years?

Thought so.

Joy Division

Trust me there is absolutely no way it will be Villa or Blues. Fixtures are already scheduled for both of those teams to play home games on alternate weekends due to policing issues, throw in a third team and that will cause a whole load of problems. WM police would never allow it.

WFC

By means of a quick update, although WFC have said nothing, one of our supporters who is a Councillor and is often clued up with what is going on at the club claims that although WFC did have initial talks with Holdings they have rejected any further talks on a ground share as they are not certain that Fisher has any right to talk on behalf of Coventry Football club.

RoboCCFC90

TF was also adamant that we were debt free and that turned out to be bull s**t too.

That's very true. We can't do anything until we come out of Admin so it's a wating game..

covcity4life

whilst i dislike the council alot it hink fisher and sisu woul be best off signing a 1 year deal for ricoh on councils terms for this year whilst they start developing their own ground.

@richh87

whilst i dislike the council alot it hink fisher and sisu woul be best off signing a 1 year deal for ricoh on councils terms for this year whilst they start developing their own ground.

I think they'd be best off buggering off.

James Smith

Well TF has seemed pretty adamant that we won't return to the Ricoh..
Maybe he meant to say He won't return to the Ricoh and it just sounded like We?

oakey

West Bromwich is closer to Coventry than Walsall is.

bigfatronssba

According to Google maps, St Andrews is 23 miles from the Ricoh, The Banks is 27 miles and the Hawthorns is 28 miles.

James Smith

According to Google maps, St Andrews is 23 miles from the Ricoh, The Banks is 27 miles and the Hawthorns is 28 miles.
Is that as the crow flies or by road and do we know which one the authorities are relying on?

bigfatronssba

italiahorse

Oh so because this isn't a trustworthy source of information, you must have perfect and inexcusable evidence that we shall continue to play at the Ricoh and stay there for a hundred years?

Thought so.

He has not got a feasible plan so don't make him think he has.
TF does not have to go back to the Ricoh but CCFC do.

James Smith

Its by road.
Which means that Filbert Street could have been a possibility at 24.4 :eek: but apparently isn't due to it needing to be in the West Midlands.

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

Hawthornes probably the closest to a motorway junction and a railway station. But probably way too large for the 3,000 that may travel regularly.

bigfatronssba

Which means that Filbert Street could have been a possibility at 24.4 :eek: but apparently isn't due to it needing to be in the West Midlands.

Its only Tim that says its in the West Midlands. Given his geographical knowledge (Brandon being in Coventry etc) it could well be Leicester!

Users who are viewing this thread