West Ham (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I enjoyed the Boleyn ground.....even had an half good day out round there when I witnessed us get pummelled 5-0 .....

Modern pl football fans are fucking drama queens though.......crisis my fucking arse.

Grendel

Five live one fan said they are fearful if they are relegated they could be the next Coventry City.

fernandopartridge

I enjoyed the Boleyn ground.....even had an half good day out round there when I witnessed us get pummelled 5-0 .....

Modern pl football fans are fucking drama queens though.......crisis my fucking arse.

I think it's not the 'modern day fan' who is protesting. It's the disenfranchised fan who has followed West Ham for years, reluctantly going along with the Olympic Stadium move due to the promises made by the owners. They're rightly fucked off, West Ham have sold their soul.

wingy

Although they pay a hefty rent don't they get a decent cut of the naming rights to offset some of it?

NorthernWisdom

Think Man City started off paying £3M a season at their place .
Man City had a great deal originally, where they paid a proportion of the income on ticket sales above Maine Road's capacity. As it happened attendances stayed up, so the council got a fair amount of cash... but if the club had dived, they'd have had a rent free deal. If only we'd thought of similar with the Ricoh!

Anyway, the new owners wanted to manipulate FFP, so they changed the deal to pay the council a flat rate in exchange for the naming rights, upon which they signed a multi-million pound deal to dwarf just about all deals.

wingy

Man City had a great deal originally, where they paid a proportion of the income on ticket sales above Maine Road's capacity. As it happened attendances stayed up, so the council got a fair amount of cash... but if the club had dived, they'd have had a rent free deal. If only we'd thought of similar with the Ricoh!

Anyway, the new owners wanted to manipulate FFP, so they changed the deal to pay the council a flat rate in exchange for the naming rights, upon which they signed a multi-million pound deal to dwarf just about all deals.
Thanks for filling in the blanks !

CJ_covblaze

I think it's not the 'modern day fan' who is protesting. It's the disenfranchised fan who has followed West Ham for years, reluctantly going along with the Olympic Stadium move due to the promises made by the owners. They're rightly fucked off, West Ham have sold their soul.

When I went last season there was a guy who’d be going his whole life sat behind us who said it wasn’t only that it’s not the Boleyn any more. It’s that it’s not West Ham.

CJ_covblaze

I'm really pushed to care. We have far bigger problems that I'm concerned about.
If they've Not looked at other clubs situations (us for a starter) and learned from it, and have signed a £2.5 deal EVEN in the lower league's, then more fool them!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That’s not the fault of the fans though is it? In fact from listening to the phone ins and reading social media back then a lot of them saw this coming.

jimmyhillsfanclub

When I went last season there was a guy who’d be going his whole life sat behind us who said it wasn’t only that it’s not the Boleyn any more. It’s that it’s not West Ham.

I know 4 man city fans.....2 have stopped going completely and one is still is mad for it but confesses he misses the days of struggle.......the 4th is the youngest and is still in love

fernandopartridge

Yeah, I can really see that. It seems to be more stark, possibly because the ground wasn't even purpose built for West Ham and isn't even that close to Upton Park. Also, as a ground it is the polar opposite. Gates going up from 34k to 55k, the people sitting around these long standing fans might have no affinity with West Ham or just be some johnny come lately type.

CJ_covblaze

Yeah, I can really see that. It seems to be more stark, possibly because the ground wasn't even purpose built for West Ham and isn't even that close to Upton Park. Also, as a ground it is the polar opposite. Gates going up from 34k to 55k, the people sitting around these long standing fans might have no affinity with West Ham or just be some johnny come lately type.

They should’ve worked out what was going to happen before a spade went in the ground. Whether it was to become the new home of West Ham, another club, the RFU, athletics or a housing estate they should’ve planned ahead. Would’ve saved hundreds of millions.

Terry Gibson's perm

They should’ve worked out what was going to happen before a spade went in the ground. Whether it was to become the new home of West Ham, another club, the RFU, athletics or a housing estate they should’ve planned ahead. Would’ve saved hundreds of millions.

I blame Coe and he should have all his honours taken away for misleading the public and government on this huge vanity project it’s easy spending other people’s money, once built it should have been left as an athletics place and if it drove them to extinction then they can blame Coe or just been knocked down as spurs said.

The first person who says Olympic legacy participation in many of the sports is down

Covstu

Was there too, just sang the whole day and it wound them up even more!

clint van damme

apparently there are going to be extra stewards today called the dynamic pitch protection team!

Users who are viewing this thread