Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (3 Viewers)

fatso

He's covering his near post, then moving more central as the ball comes in, it then goes back the way he's coming from. If he managed to get anything on that, it's a world class save. Did you want him to come out and challenge for it?
Really, you did see the goals didn't you????

He needs to step off his line, no keeper worth his salt is flapping around on his line like a blind seal.
For the first goal he didnt even set himself, that's unforgivable, even at school boy level.

I can't imagine Collins conceding 2 goals so easily without even making an effort to save them.

But that's not excusing the shite defending that resulted in an unchallenged tap in.

Marty

We are. In October most were expecting us to be down in 20th, we’ve lost a few games and dropped out the playoffs and there’s hell to pay. It really is embarrassing.

Its not that we are losing, its the way we're losing and the same excuses being trotted out.

Bugsy

ajl

Thanks both

I don't think we are going to get promoted until we become the side that wins at places like Preston and West Brom, we need the bogey sides dealt with

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ashdown

So many diverse opinions!
We look better with Collins
Please play Kitching
Thomas can be a terrible liability
COH is still class, Torp will be !
Palmer runs hot and cold but needs those two bang average strikers ahead of him to keep making telling runs as do the rest of our midfield.

Chris1987

Well put your words out there then and people will stop having to guess.
I have done but you've been so immersed in your own rhetoric to bother to take in my point . Managers can sometimes get team selections/formations wrong you know with the players at their disposal. Even you have to concede that .

Marty

We lost to West Brom, Norwich and Preston.

not Rotherham, QPR and Huddersfield ffs

Its the way we're losing, we aren't even putting up a fight lately. Blames tiredness but puts out an almost full strength side against a pub side.

AiS86

Really, you did see the goals didn't you????

He needs to step off his line, no keeper worth his salt is flapping around on his line like a blind seal.
For the first goal he didnt even set himself, that's unforgivable, even at school boy level.

I can't imagine Collins conceding 2 goals so easily without even making an effort to save them.

But that's not excusing the shite defending that resulted in an unchallenged tap in.
Yes, did you?

In barely a second you want him to step off his line by six yards to collect a low cross that the defenders should deal with?

I doubt Collins makes a difference to either goal. He might have dived for the first, but he wasn't saving it, it was just a good goal with a lot of pace on it.

Chris1987

Yeah, little chance of automatic, not when those relegated teams have parachute payments. We and most of the league simply can't complete with that kind of financial firepower. Burnley and Sheff Utd will go right back up and the likes of Luton/Everton/Brentford/Forest will be favourites in the play-offs.
I wouldn't be so sure about Burnley or Sheff Utd going straight back up.

Bugsy

Hertsccfc

They'd give him advice on managing the players fitness. Fatigue can play a massive part in that, and can result in injuries. If we played the same 11 every week, the injuries would pile up and players form would dip. Do you not find it coincidental that since O'Hare has an amazing spell, then he has fatigue, and his form dips?
Absolutely this. We have to trust in the fitness team and manager's judgement.

CCFCSteve

Kitching got himself sent off twice in five games for a start and Collins failed to keep a clean sheet in 8.

Think that’s a bit harsh, one was when a bloke was constantly trying to headbutt him and the other was a last ditch effort to try to stop Norwich. He’s a leader and Thomas looks a lot better with Kitching alongside him. Like Doyle and McNally did with fadz.

I still don’t think we need to be playing five at the back but playing it without Kitching who’s a leader/organiser is even stranger. We’ve looked all over shop defensively in the first half of our last two league games and I think a lot of this is due to lack of communication/ organisation…together with players seemingly not knowing their roles tonight

Last edited:

wince

Getting Rid of Faz because you are not going to play with a 3 is ok ,If plan B is good enough, but to go back to it , we are worst off, that is dowbn to Dug

Skyblue Bangkok

We had a settled defence comprising of
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell

It has descended into conceding really poor goals on a regular basis since that got disrupted.
It more a less a must win gane tonight so we start of with a back 5 and we were poor throughout. I hope Robins has time to reflect and not make this mistake again.

AiS86

Getting Rid of Faz because you are not going to play with a 3 is ok ,If plan B is good enough, but to go back to it , we are worst off, that is dowbn to Dug
Fadz wanted to leave to play regularly which he's now doing, we let him go on a free as he was barely going to get any minutes for the rest of the season which seems fair enough considering all he's done for us. Why is that down to Doug?

Bugsy

He should never have been sent off for the first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The one against Plymouth wasn't helped by dasilva coming on and leaving him in the shit.

The 1st one was after the final whistle against Sheff wednesday, should never have been done.

One thing what's confusing me is goalkeeping saga the game tonight should have been Collins unless not fit.

fatso

Yes, did you?

In barely a second you want him to step off his line by six yards to collect a low cross that the defenders should deal with?

I doubt Collins makes a difference to either goal. He might have dived for the first, but he wasn't saving it, it was just a good goal with a lot of pace on it.

It was a good goal yes, but as you said Collins would of at least made an effort.
Wilson may as well of been in the stand for the effort he made.

Matt smith

This season is done

there’s no excuses next season, the team is gonna be strengthened I suspect

no bedding in chat, top six is the expectation

Brighton Sky Blue

It more a less a must win gane tonight so we start of with a back 5 and we were poor throughout. I hope Robins has time to reflect and not make this mistake again.
I can see the reasoning behind changing shape without Sakamoto, but it just makes so many other aspects of the game harder without even making us more solid at the back which is meant to be the main strength of the system.

Unless they're injured or unfit, we know what our best defence is and they need to be starting every game. Binks and Dasilva as a combination especially just does not work.

robbiethemole

Back in the day, you only had one sub and the side virtually picked itself, no chopping and changing. Try a settled defence for more than 5 games in a row please MR

Bugsy

This season is done

there’s no excuses next season, the team is gonna be strengthened I suspect

no bedding in chat, top six is the expectation

Good old dramatic Matt lol 😂

Got plenty to play for... PUSB

CCFCSteve

We had a settled defence comprising of
Collins
MVE Thomas Kitching Bidwell

It has descended into conceding really poor goals on a regular basis since that got disrupted.

Spot on. The bad start to the season was partially caused by constant chopping and changing the defence. It’s crazy unless there’s injuries, especially CBs, they work as partnerships

Users who are viewing this thread