Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (3 Viewers)

Skyblue Bangkok

45 minutes for a player who just missed a game because of fatigue when it wasn't needed.

Does he know the strongest 11? Maybe he should play it.
Maybe Robins thinks we have a Man City/ Liverpool type squad instead of trying to play our best 11 when available.

shepardo01

Last couple of results been coming - it has been obvious. Here is my post from the Plymouth game.
That was not the performance of a team that will trouble the play-offs in the long run.
We always look likely to comcede which is a worry.
We seem to start games sloppily too. At some point we'll find ourselves two down after 20 mins and not being able to get back into the game.
Robins sounds frustrated on the radio.
Not overly happy with performance.
Too slow from back to front.
Didn't perform to levels we expect.
Need to win games.

AiS86

45 minutes for a player who just missed a game because of fatigue when it wasn't needed.

Does he know the strongest 11? Maybe he should play it.
Who we on about again? Can't remember the subs. Surely we all know at this point no? I'm sure he'd love to, as would every manager, but that's just not how football works, you have to consider the player's morale as well. Very few would join a club to sit on the bench every week

shmmeee

I'm just suggesting that on occasions when these players haven't been selected tiredness or illness hasn't been the reason. Don't ever remember Kitching or Collins being out of form .

Kitching got himself sent off twice in five games for a start and Collins failed to keep a clean sheet in 8.

Nick

Administrator
Who we on about again? Can't remember the subs. Surely we all know at this point no? I'm sure he'd love to, as would every manager, but that's just not how football works, you have to consider the player's morale as well. Very few would join a club to sit on the bench every week
The player who missed a game through fatigue and was needlessly brought on last week.

Chris1987

Kitching got himself sent off twice in five games for a start and Collins failed to keep a clean sheet in 8.
Kitching hasn't been selected when not tired , ill or suspended . Collins not keeping a clean sheet in 8 means he's out of form then does it ?

PVA

How many videos of Hamer Vik and Mcfad doing head tennis and whoop whoop did you see last season?? None, because they wouldn’t be seen fucking dead doing it.

The biggest worry now is we’ve got a championship equivalent of your rashfords, lingards and Sanchos.

There was one every week 😂

AiS86

The player who missed a game through fatigue and was needlessly brought on last week.
Yeah who was it? I genuinely can't remember. Could be a number of reasons, throw them on for 45 against a weaker team to get some confidence in them, try and keep them match sharp. I'm sure with even the most fatigued players, you don't tell them to sit on the sofa for a week. We'll have the sports scientists giving Robins advice which he can then choose to act on/ignore

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure Robins half time team talk against Preston consisted of “boooooooo”
Can't imagine it was too kind either and the man himself called it the worst performance in years. He wanted a few loans in for January, didn't get them, Saka got his back broken and Hull/Scott Tenorman FC get the playoff spot.

hamertime

Maybe the reality is you just can’t replace players like Vik and Hamer and we were spoilt last season. I’d love to see Vik doing it in a top league what a player.

shepardo01

Anybody commented on Robins admitting that he set the team up wrong earlier?

Hasn't actually mentioned illness at all tonight - just that he wanted technical footballers in the side!

@Saddlebrains - were the absences of Kitching and Bidwell down to illness!?

Nick

Administrator
Yeah who was it? I genuinely can't remember. Could be a number of reasons, throw them on for 45 against a weaker team to get some confidence in them, try and keep them match sharp. I'm sure with even the most fatigued players, you don't tell them to sit on the sofa for a week. We'll have the sports scientists giving Robins advice which he can then choose to act on/ignore

Maybe we need new analysts then if he's taking their advice and our players are all too tired?

shmmeee

Kitching hasn't been selected when not tired , ill or suspended . Collins not keeping a clean sheet in 8 means he's out of form then does it ?

I dunno, Saddle says there’s an attitude problem, someone else said he had a hand injury, Robins said he needed time out the team. All valid reasons. All certainly more valid than “the most successful manager in a generation has gone doo lally, stopped trying to win games, knows less about the fitness and form than a bunch of forum dwellers and is doing it for the bants”

Chris1987

I dunno, Saddle says there’s an attitude problem, someone else said he had a hand injury, Robins said he needed time out the team. All valid reasons. All certainly more valid than “the most successful manager in a generation has gone doo lally, stopped trying to win games, knows less about the fitness and form than a bunch of forum dwellers and is doing it for the bants”
Not my words.

shmmeee

Anybody commented on Robins admitting that he set the team up wrong earlier?

Hasn't actually mentioned illness at all tonight - just that he wanted technical footballers in the side!

@Saddlebrains - were the absences of Kitching and Bidwell down to illness!?

He literally says “we had to make changes to key players because of injuries”

ajl

I've been working all evening so haven't had chance to see any highlights or read through this massive thread

Why did O'Hare go off at half time? Tactical playing awful? Or injury/fatigue?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Post in thread 'Where will we finish ?'
Where will we finish ?

Need I say anymore?
Lost 4 in a row at that point and MR looked like he was stuck on this 5 at the back system that was conceding plenty and scoring few. For the amount of money spent it was alarming.

And to be quite honest, we've spent an enormous sum of money to still be struggling for depth in most parts of the pitch to the point where without Sakamoto we've needed to revert to the same ineffective shape of earlier on.

The CableGuy

Well it's looking like we are going to come up short this season, I'm not in the camp that think we'll be top two next season without considerable investment into the squad.
Yeah, little chance of automatic, not when those relegated teams have parachute payments. We and most of the league simply can't complete with that kind of financial firepower. Burnley and Sheff Utd will go right back up and the likes of Luton/Everton/Brentford/Forest will be favourites in the play-offs.

Bugsy

Maybe the reality is you just can’t replace players like Vik and Hamer and we were spoilt last season. I’d love to see Vik doing it in a top league what a player.

Bet you wouldn't say that if we got a result.
Chatting shit

AiS86

Maybe we need new analysts then if he's taking their advice and our players are all too tired?
They'd give him advice on managing the players fitness. Fatigue can play a massive part in that, and can result in injuries. If we played the same 11 every week, the injuries would pile up and players form would dip. Do you not find it coincidental that since O'Hare has an amazing spell, then he has fatigue, and his form dips?

shmmeee

I've been working all evening so haven't had chance to see any highlights or read through this massive thread

If you wanted to take a ten off and put on a striker Palmer was MotM and O’Hare was completely ineffectual.

shepardo01

Tactical - Robins said this post match.

Reactions: ajl

hamertime

I liked the way wright took that penalty. He looked like a man who new he was going to score, reminded me in my younger days at bobbys after i plied a few with triples

Users who are viewing this thread