Match Thread West Bromwich Albion - Coventry City Match Thread - Friday 1st Mar (3 Viewers)

Martin180

I thought Dasilva made a couple of mistakes for the first 2 Preston goals, and just didn't seem to be there mentally.
I’m not trying to defend him 100% as he alongside most have had good and bad spells this season , it’s the he’s useless drivel that winds me up about him and other members of the squad

Paul Anthony

Late change lads

This illness going round

Kitching and Bidwell swapped for Binks and DaSilva

That's not great. I can see West Brom targeting Da Silva's side all game. Under normal circumstances, this game is exactly the type of game Da Silva doesn't suit. Obviously not much choice if there's illness going round, but can see it making an already tough game that much tougher.

SBT

Gobsmacked DaSilva is in there, insane decision
Well if we were going to insist on starting Bidwell against Maidstone then it was always more likely he would have to start tonight. Playing 3ATB, where Robins seems to prefer Dasilva, is another factor too.

skybluecam

I’m gonna assume it is injury/illness keeping Bidwell out and Dasilva in, there’s no other explanation.

skybluepm2

Well if we were going to insist on starting Bidwell against Maidstone then it was always more likely he would have to start tonight. Playing 3ATB, where Robins seems to prefer Dasilva, is another factor too.

do you think it’s a back 3 and wing backs? I didn’t notice Eccles at 1st glance. Could be him alongside Lati and Torp but maybe you’re right and Lati alongside Binks and Thomas! I’m a little more comfortable with Da Silva as a wing back, he’ll never a left back as long as he has a hole in his arse

SBT

do you think it’s a back 3 and wing backs? I didn’t notice Eccles at 1st glance. Could be him alongside Lati and Torp but maybe you’re right and Lati alongside Binks and Thomas! I’m a little more comfortable with Da Silva as a wing back, he’ll never a left back as long as he has a hole in his arse
I’m not sure, but as I mentioned above, whichever formation it is I think we’re starting Dasilva to offer us some width in a starting XI without any natural wide players. But I’d be very worried about Dasilva getting enough defensive protection if we’re playing with a back 4.

Chris1987

Initial reaction to the line up is trepidation . Hope those fears are unfounded but Wilson & JDS do not inspire confidence .

shmmeee

So Palmer and O’Hare on either flank? Not a lot of natural width in that first XI, except from MVE and Dasilva.

Just cos of where they’ve put Latubeaudiere looks like a flat three with Palmer and O
‘hare each side (behind?) Simms.

Users who are viewing this thread