Were you at hihfield rd that night (1 Viewer)

wingy

THEY DESCRIBE THE KIT AS HIDIUS ,I JUST REMBER LEBOUF SPITTING THE DUMMMY

Which teams have had to wear their opponents' kit?

France-forward-Dominique--007.jpg
France forward Dominique Rocheteau faces a Hungary defender at the 1978 World Cup, while wearing the green and white stripes of the local Argentinian side Kimberley. Photograph: Staff/AFP/Getty Images

"Altrincham played Nuneaton in a Conference North game this month," wrote Jack Johlson last week. "The start of the game was marked by a bizarre episode after six minutes when, following protests from the Altrincham bench to the fourth official, the referee, Simeon Lucas, stopped the game to allow Nuneaton to change into Altrincham's yellow away strip. Before kick-off the referee had allowed the visitors to take to the pitch in red shirts with black hoops, red shorts and black socks to play Altrincham whose colours are red and white striped shirts, black shorts and red socks. (Nuneaton's home kit being blue and white stripes). So my question is how many other teams (other than, famously, Manchester United at Southampton) have changed their kit mid-game? And have other teams had to play in their opponents' kit?"

Altrincham are far from the only side to be forced into their opponents strip when faced with a kit conundrum. In April 1997 Chelsea arrived at Coventry City's Highfield Road with only their blue home kit. The referee felt it clashed with the sky blue strip of the home side and kick-off was delayed for 15 minutes while the issue was resolved. In the end were forced to don Coventry's pretty hideous red and black checked number and found themselves on the wrong end of a 3-1 result.

kg82

I was there! Some games get mixed up from that long ago but did it end up 3-1, Chelsea went 1-0 up before half time but we'd been better team? Then we hammered them in 2nd half? And Willow scored a screamer?

EDIT: Now, before anybody picks it out I knew it was the Chelsea game because of the story underneath but I didn't read down to the bottom - should really start doing that!! So yeah, it WAS the 3-1!!

LastGarrison

Yeah I was there.

Great match. And seeing Frankie boy rip the shirt off and stamp on it was highly amusing!

TheRoyalScam

I was there!:) I'm sure Strachan played, and could have supplied the pass when the Chelsea GK collided with one of his team-mates leaving Peter Ndlovu a clear run on goal.:confused::p

brinner

remember it well! cheeky fuckers wanted us to wear it and we told the jumped up big time charlies to do 1! :D

also remember when spurs had to wear our away kit at highfield road in 1986 won that game aswell 4-3! prob the best game ive ever been to that!!

maybe we shud make the visiting team play in our away kit every week.............

Marty

yeah, i was there, i remember it well, does anybody remember the time we played Blackburn down here and oggy wore one of flowers spair top but with sticky top all over it, hiding all the blackburn marks

Users who are viewing this thread