Went to Crewe Today and I Quote (Day 3) (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Phoned Crewe Today and I Quote (Day 2)
This was my Day 1 Convo with Crewe Ticket Office:
Phoned Crewe Today and I Quote
Me : Hi I wonder if you can help me - I would like to buy 8 tickets for the Coventry Game.
Crewe Ticket Office (CTO) : At Coventry?
Me : No the 2nd Leg at home
CTO : Where are you from?
Me : Crewe
CTO : Have you bought from us before?
Me : No Im buying them as a present
CTO : Do the people you are buying them for live in Coventry by any chance
Me : Why do you ask?
CTO : Because this is at least the 20th phone call Ive taken today for this match and I suspect all of them are from Coventry as we really havent sold any yet! Whats your Postcode?
Me : I will get back to you as my mobile is ringing with an urgent call.
CTO : BTW YOU DONT SOUND AS THOUGH YOURE FROM AROUND THESE PARTS! :pointlaugh:

Rumbled by a very tricky and cunning ticket office operative:facepalm:

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS BUT I CAME UP WITH A CUNNING PLAN OF MY OWN AND THIS IS HOW IT WENT.

This is how I got on today............................................. Part 2

Me : Hi Is that the ticket Office
CTO : Yes How can we help
Me : Im a member of the Warwickshire branch of the Crewe Supporters Club and I would like to buy 18 tickets for the Coventry Cup game 2nd leg please.
CTO : Are you affilated.
Me : No not at the moment but I might be interested
CTO : Ive never heard of the Warwickshire Branch before - where are you based and how many members do you have?
Me : Stratford Upon Avon - you know - where Shakespeare used to live - weve got 31 members at the moment!
CTO : Ahh Yes Shakespeare - I know a bit about him. I will need to put you through to someone else if youre after a discount!
Me : No No Thats fine I will pay the going rate!
CTO :Youre not really a Coventry Supporter are you? Just pretending to be a supporters club so you can get tickets.........
Me : Errr No
CTO : OK - Well the maximum tickets I can sell to one person is 8
Me : Thats fine I will take the 8 and get some of the other members to pick some more up in the next couple of days
CTO : Right well before we go any further you will need to register and the other members of the supporters club will also all need to register before I can sell you any tickets. So do you have the 31 names and addresses available now or would you like to get back to me?
Me : I think I will need to get back to you!
CTO : OK - One last thing before you go - When did we last get to the Final of The Johnstones Paint Trophy? Im sure you can answer that if youre in the Crewe Supporters Club!
Me : Ha YES nice one I will call you back tomorrow :facepalm:
Rumbled once again I think.:(

(For the record I looked up the Crewe Honours List and theyve never won it!)

AFTER YESTERDAYS EFFORT I TOOK SOME OF YOUR ADVICE AND DECIDED A NEW AND RADICAL PLAN OF ATTACK WAS REQUIRED!
This is what happened today...............................Part 3

I decided to drive to Crewe today and face this problem head on with a face to face duel of wits!

Me : Hi - Blimey its cold outside
CTO : I know but itll be summer before you know it
Me : Yes Cant wait but itll we probably rain knowing my luck!
CTO : Ha yes - Anyway what can I do for you?
Me : I will take 5 tickets for Coventry game please.
CTO : Away?
Me : Yes (This is where my masterplan starts)
CTO : No problem - thats £25 please
Me : What! They are only £5 each?
CTO: Yes great isnt it?
Me : Fantastic - I tell you what - While Im here I will take 5 tickets for the home leg too seeing as Im getting such a bargain!
CTO : OK Have you bought from us before?
Me : No I normally pay cash on the day as I cant get off work at weekends! (Got this sussed!)
CTO : Whats your Postcode?
Me : ST7 2** (Came armed with all the crucial info!)
CTO : OK Whats your house number?
Me : Number 2
CTO : Oh - Looks like you have bought from us in the past as Youre on the system Mr Sc****ll
Me : Oh Great
CTO : Where would you like to sit?
Me : Wulvern Housing Stand please (Yes - sounding like Im a normal Crewe fan now!)
CTO : OK So that will be £75 please Mr Sc****ll
Me : No problem (Im holding my credit-card) As I put it into the machine I decided to carry on with some distracting small talk just in case I get suddenly rumbled or she wonders why Im sweating buckets in the middle of winter!
Me : Sold many for these cup games?
CTO : Not really but its early days yet - Weve sold out the away section for the home game though - and - weve been taking loads of calls from Coventry supporters trying to get tickets
Me : Really - Wow - Dont suppose youre allowed to sell to them are you?
(My credit card sale has now just gone through - So I just want my tickets and get out of there!)
CTO : No - but some of them have tried to come up with some right cock & bull stories to get hold of them!
Me : Oh yeah like what?
CTO : We had one bloke reckoned he was a member of the Warwickshire Crewe Supporters Club Ah Ah Ah We dont have a Warwickshire Supporters Club so I soon put a stop to that one.
Me : (Now heres my moment of glory!) Blimey they stand no chance of getting past you - We ought to stick you in goal for the next home match!
CTO : Ha Ha Ha Thats really funny - heres your tickets
Me : Thanks

So Thats it - Im out - having carried out the great Crewe ticket raid!:pimp:
Ive now got 5 tickets for the away leg - plus Ive got 5 tickets for the away section at the Ricoh YeeHaa!

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Last edited:

kg82

Haha, brilliant!! I'm a bit sad though, have to admit... they're won't be any more of these stories! Would've been typical if you'd picked a regular attendee at the games that is known round the club... In fact, the luck you've had, I'm a bit surprised that didn't happen!

NuneatonSkyBlue

Shouldn't you of only paid £75 though or am i missing something? 5x£5=£25 5x£10=£50 £25+£50=£75??????????

Bugsy

Phoned Crewe Today and I Quote (Day 2)
This was my Day 1 Convo with Crewe Ticket Office:
Phoned Crewe Today and I Quote
Me : Hi I wonder if you can help me - I would like to buy 8 tickets for the Coventry Game.
Crewe Ticket Office (CTO) : At Coventry?
Me : No the 2nd Leg at home
CTO : Where are you from?
Me : Crewe
CTO : Have you bought from us before?
Me : No Im buying them as a present
CTO : Do the people you are buying them for live in Coventry by any chance
Me : Why do you ask?
CTO : Because this is at least the 20th phone call Ive taken today for this match and I suspect all of them are from Coventry as we really havent sold any yet! Whats your Postcode?
Me : I will get back to you as my mobile is ringing with an urgent call.
CTO : BTW YOU DONT SOUND AS THOUGH YOURE FROM AROUND THESE PARTS! :pointlaugh:

Rumbled by a very tricky and cunning ticket office operative:facepalm:

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS BUT I CAME UP WITH A CUNNING PLAN OF MY OWN AND THIS IS HOW IT WENT.

This is how I got on today............................................. Part 2

Me : Hi Is that the ticket Office
CTO : Yes How can we help
Me : Im a member of the Warwickshire branch of the Crewe Supporters Club and I would like to buy 18 tickets for the Coventry Cup game 2nd leg please.
CTO : Are you affilated.
Me : No not at the moment but I might be interested
CTO : Ive never heard of the Warwickshire Branch before - where are you based and how many members do you have?
Me : Stratford Upon Avon - you know - where Shakespeare used to live - weve got 31 members at the moment!
CTO : Ahh Yes Shakespeare - I know a bit about him. I will need to put you through to someone else if youre after a discount!
Me : No No Thats fine I will pay the going rate!
CTO :Youre not really a Coventry Supporter are you? Just pretending to be a supporters club so you can get tickets.........
Me : Errr No
CTO : OK - Well the maximum tickets I can sell to one person is 8
Me : Thats fine I will take the 8 and get some of the other members to pick some more up in the next couple of days
CTO : Right well before we go any further you will need to register and the other members of the supporters club will also all need to register before I can sell you any tickets. So do you have the 31 names and addresses available now or would you like to get back to me?
Me : I think I will need to get back to you!
CTO : OK - One last thing before you go - When did we last get to the Final of The Johnstones Paint Trophy? Im sure you can answer that if youre in the Crewe Supporters Club!
Me : Ha YES nice one I will call you back tomorrow :facepalm:
Rumbled once again I think.:(

(For the record I looked up the Crewe Honours List and theyve never won it!)

AFTER YESTERDAYS EFFORT I TOOK SOME OF YOUR ADVICE AND DECIDED A NEW AND RADICAL PLAN OF ATTACK WAS REQUIRED!
This is what happened today...............................Part 3

I decided to drive to Crewe today and face this problem head on with a face to face duel of wits!

Me : Hi - Blimey its cold outside
CTO : I know but itll be summer before you know it
Me : Yes Cant wait but itll we probably rain knowing my luck!
CTO : Ha yes - Anyway what can I do for you?
Me : I will take 5 tickets for Coventry game please.
CTO : Away?
Me : Yes (This is where my masterplan starts)
CTO : No problem - thats £25 please
Me : What! They are only £5 each?
CTO: Yes great isnt it?
Me : Fantastic - I tell you what - While Im here I will take 5 tickets for the home leg too seeing as Im getting such a bargain!
CTO : OK Have you bought from us before?
Me : No I normally pay cash on the day as I cant get off work at weekends! (Got this sussed!)
CTO : Whats your Postcode?
Me : ST7 2** (Came armed with all the crucial info!)
CTO : OK Whats your house number?
Me : Number 2
CTO : Oh - Looks like you have bought from us in the past as Youre on the system Mr Sc****ll
Me : Oh Great
CTO : Where would you like to sit?
Me : Wulvern Housing Stand please (Yes - sounding like Im a normal Crewe fan now!)
CTO : OK So that will be £150 please Mr Sc****ll
Me : No problem (Im holding my credit-card) As I put it into the machine I decided to carry on with some distracting small talk just in case I get suddenly rumbled or she wonders why Im sweating buckets in the middle of winter!
Me : Sold many for these cup games?
CTO : Not really but its early days yet - Weve sold out the away section for the home game though - and - weve been taking loads of calls from Coventry supporters trying to get tickets
Me : Really - Wow - Dont suppose youre allowed to sell to them are you?
(My credit card sale has now just gone through - So I just want my tickets and get out of there!)
CTO : No - but some of them have tried to come up with some right cock & bull stories to get hold of them!
Me : Oh yeah like what?
CTO : We had one bloke reckoned he was a member of the Warwickshire Crewe Supporters Club Ah Ah Ah We dont have a Warwickshire Supporters Club so I soon put a stop to that one.
Me : (Now heres my moment of glory!) Blimey they stand no chance of getting past you - We ought to stick you in goal for the next home match!
CTO : Ha Ha Ha Thats really funny - heres your tickets
Me : Thanks

So Thats it - Im out - having carried out the great Crewe ticket raid!:pimp:
Ive now got 5 tickets for the away leg - plus Ive got 5 tickets for the away section at the Ricoh YeeHaa!

:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

LEGEND, fair play mate, them stories had me laughin, hope U have a good time and we win....PUSB

rob9872

So you've paid 25 each for the tickets that should be a tenner? It 30 if you include the unwanted home tickets

deanocity3

THE WEST MIDS POLICE HAVE EMAILED CCFC TO SAY STAFFORDSHIRE POLICE WILL ARREST ANY COV FAN IN THE AWAY END.
Do we seriously believe Crewe will attract 8,000 of their own fans!
They might as well give us another end !!!

City supporters Face Ejection
According to West Midlands Police, Crewe Alexandra are threatening to eject Coventry City supporters found in the home areas of Gresty Road for the Johnstones Paint Trophy Northern Area Final.
City sold their 2,346 allocation of tickets for the game on Wednesday February 20th within three hours of going on sale and City supporters, who missed out, have taken to getting tickets in the ends for home fans.
The Police have tweeted; "Crewe are aware of some Cov fans trying to purchase tickets on the home end for 2nd leg of the JPT.
"Any Cov supporters located in the home end at Crewe will be removed/ejected. Please be warned."

rob9872

Can we have a photo of the tickets on here please (or it didn't happen) :)

Brilliant Gaz, pmsl, im glad you got past the Gestapo but wished it took a few more trips, best read on here ever. :claping hands::claping hands: Legend

GaryJones

WillenhallSkyBlues

I work for William hill, I rang up and said I was from a crewe branch named the branch and said I was running a competition, ordered 4 and now I have to go and collect them in the week as 'only official post can be sent to William hill shops' worked for me

City TSAR

Awesome mate. Shake you by the end if we meet. Have shared this with non football lovers and they even finding hilarious. Well done.

rob9872

Ah the good old get out caveat arrives ... Picture of you holding tickets showing game and stand but covering seat numbers please :)

CAFC

Wulvern Housing Stand? That's quite ironic, seems you will be sitting with the Cov fans in any case.

Mildly amusing, but completely fabricated. The Cov fans will be housed in the Ice Cream Van Stand and the Wulvern Housing Stand.

kg82

What does it even matter if it's not true? It's meant as a laugh! Some people are so anal!

rob9872

What does it even matter if it's not true? It's meant as a laugh! Some people are so anal!

Bullshitting to anonymous gullible cyber contacts is reasonably low on my 30 things to do before I die list.

theferret

Because it's not funny if it's made up, but then I couldn't give two shits either way to be honest.

Never been called anal before, but I'll roll with it.

Users who are viewing this thread