Wembley team last time (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I’d take McNally and Doyle over our current defence and Norton-Cuffy actually was our best defender on the day.
Add in Hamer and Gyökeres and I’m not sure of the point that we’re stronger overall.

First 3 all loanees, and MVE better than Norton Cuffy. Whichever combination, United have rapid forwards; the hope is their defence has a stinker and Fernandes has a hissy fitting off day.

JimmyHillsbeard

First 3 all loanees, and MVE better than Norton Cuffy. Whichever combination, United have rapid forwards; the hope is their defence has a stinker and Fernandes has a hissy fitting off day.

Accept all of that but we’re likely to play Lati at right back and MVE in front of him. I think we’ve made progress given we lost our two undoubted stars and reliance on loans but I’m not sure that we look stronger than last season when we were, by and large reliable defensively. This season we concede every game which is a concern against a team with “rapid forwards”

Offhegoes

I’d take McNally and Doyle over our current defence and Norton-Cuffy actually was our best defender on the day.
Add in Hamer and Gyökeres and I’m not sure of the point that we’re stronger overall.
Thomas & Kitching both better than McNally in my opinion. They are still a little naive, but are pure defenders. McNally could get bullied and his distribution wasn't great. Doyle was a fine player, but Man City aren't ready to sell, so he was never going to be a long term target.
MVE miles ahead of Norton Cuffy. Granted, we don't have Hamer or Vik now, but I'm quite happy with Simms, Wright & Torp as replacements, and not forgetting Sakamoto who would of been playing. We also have O'Hare for this game.

JimmyHillsbeard

We tried to sign McNally and failed. We all wanted to sign him iirc. At our club for half a season he had one poor game (Stoke) and one sub-par game (Wembley). Kind of agree w you about his distribution but I wd hope that was something that he would have improved with coaching. I like both Thomas and Kitchin but they’ve both made terrible errors and had some v poor games.

MVE is definitely an upgrade on Norton-Cuffy but he’s not playing in remotely the same position, compare him to Latibeaudeire (or maybe Eccles if there’s a shock selection) at RB. and as I said earlier BNC was our best defender at Wembley last year.

I was so impressed with Torp when he signed but as everyone knows he’s regressed a little after the injury he suffered. I was kind of hoping he might be tried as an option for. No 10 at Wembley but that doesn’t seem to be a serious option. Moreover, after Saturday’s performance when he and Sheaf just got in each other’s way for 45 minutes and no one was there to collect the ball in the middle third of field, I’ve come to the conclusion he’s been bought to replace Sheaf next season.

I think we’ve done well to recruit decent players after losing Hamer and Gyökeres. Tbh I’ll stop now as I think I tend to agree with a lot of what the ppl disagreeing with me are saying but I’m just not convinced that our options for Sunday make us a stronger outfit than the one in the play off final.

Alkhen

McNally hasn't ripped up trees at Stoke but I'd still be fine if we could pick him up for a reasonable amount if Burnley want to get rid. Sometimes players just don't work at certain clubs and he was pretty good for us

usskyblue

We were so bad in the first half that Norton-Cuffy looked like the only player that showed up.. and our defence got ripped a new one.

Two players dragged us to the playoffs, through the playoffs and back into the game in the final. We’re in a far better place now.

Bosworth Blue

We were so bad in the first half that Norton-Cuffy looked like the only player that showed up.. and our defence got ripped a new one.

Two players dragged us to the playoffs, through the playoffs and back into the game in the final. We’re in a far better place now.

We are literally in a worse position than last year. Dunno if you’re a bit behind in America or…

Bosworth Blue

Says the sadarse that’s so desperate to be on here, that he logs in from the library to avoid getting his IP rumbled.

Get someone to read you a book you cocksocket

And you’re the loser that’s been bullied on here for 12 years. Fat Nick can’t figure out IP’s hence why it takes me 30 seconds to make an account and post.

Treat people with kindness.

MalcSB

And you’re the loser that’s been bullied on here for 12 years. Fat Nick can’t figure out IP’s hence why it takes me 30 seconds to make an account and post.

Treat people with kindness.
Is calling people “losers“ or “fat“ treating people with kindnes?

pusbccfc

Putting the two together...

Collins
MVE - McNally - Doyle - Bidwell

Sheaf-Hamer-Eccles

Gyokeres - Simms- Haji

Imagine...

rob9872

Putting the two together...

Collins
MVE - McNally - Doyle - Bidwell

Sheaf-Hamer-Eccles

Gyokeres - Simms- Haji

Imagine...
Love Simms, but that front line too heavy and I'd have to take him out and have Cal in behind Haji and Vik. Not sure about mcnally in a 4 either, so probably take Eccles out and add Thomas to play the Fadz role.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We'll have to play Latibeaudiere at RB, unless you want to play Tavares.
Genuinely would rather do that at I think Lati would get rinsed at RB.

Rather have our weak link in their half of the pitch than ours.

stupot07

Genuinely would rather do that at I think Lati would get rinsed at RB.

Rather have our weak link in their half of the pitch than ours.
Yeah me too. I wouldn't be surprised if Tavares plays. And Tbf, based on last week, he deserves to start ahead of half the team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rob9872

Championship since Jan 1st. Only team in top 6 out of form is Incester. So even of we win all 4, very little chance we'll make it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_000436_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_000436_Chrome.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread