Wembley Starting XI (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Robins will only change what needs changing. If Willis in injured could be a challenge but if not Turnbull will play and Kelly Evans as the changes from Saturday.

I predict the team will play better than most games this season. They want new clubs.

To cap the whole farce I also predict a penalty shoot out and Burge emerging triumphant.

covcity4life

No, we're getting relegated and some of the players haven't been putting in anywhere near the amount of effort, and they don't deserve to play. They need to be held accountable for the fucking shit shower they have produced. Robins' introduction will have improved performances, but not turning Kyel Reid into Lionel Messi. The former has been terrible under all four managers apart from two games before Wembley.

And don't start on Mowbray, it's clear as day you left him out of your post because it didn't fit in with your point and you wanted me to say the name so you could spark up some excitment.

We've had four managers this season, and yes, I think it's of high coincidence when the chance to play at Wembley is around the corner, that some players suddenly look interested.

Anyway, Venus had the best managerial record this season, but if Robins came in during Janaury, would he have kept us up? Maybe, but not certain whatsoever. Our biggest problem this season has been players on the pitch who either aren't good enough, or simply haven't put the effort it in. The latter should not walk out at Wembley IMO.

You are very paranoid. Sad to see

wingy

I'm not going to select the whole team, but I think Lameiras is a must for obvious reasons. :p
I really think If Stokes is fit enough he has to play, for his maturity and experience /calming influence on a fair few youngsters.

Gazolba

I think Robins will play Burge in goal. I also think Lameiras is a must. I would not have Yakubu in the squad.
I'd expect the team to be largely those who won the last 2 league games.

stupot07

Clarke and the Derby boys unavailable. If Willis is injured I think he will go (presuming K Thomas is fit, else I think he will go for Jones ahead of lamieres). With so many enforced changes in in defence and on the back of 2 wins, I can't see him making wholesale changes, but if k Thomas is fit he will come back in.

----------------Burge
Dke-turnbull-stokes-haynes
------------bigi----reilly
G Thomas--------------Reid
-----k Thomas - Beavon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Explain?

Chuffed to see you accepted my points otherwise though...

You said i personally left tm off list so u wud mention it. Weird

I left him off list as he is goid manager in my book and over a seaaon would have had team doing ok imo

As for your points....well you said no1 coukd do better than slade and robins already has.

You love ccfc and i respect that. You just dont know much about football.

I hope you find a way to enjoy Sunday . And thats sincere.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You said i personally left tm off list so u wud mention it. Weird

I left him off list as he is goid manager in my book and over a seaaon would have had team doing ok imo

As for your points....well you said no1 coukd do better than slade and robins already has.

You love ccfc and i respect that. You just dont know much about football.

I hope you find a way to enjoy Sunday . And thats sincere.

You said:

'It can't be the players, look at Venus and Slade, now look at Robins'.

My point:

The players were shit under Mowbray too (who you class is a good manager), they were also shit under Robins for the first 3 games. Therefore, more than likely some players have clearly upped their game with the upcoming final.

I really hope you enjoy the final too, but saying I know nothing about football is a cheapshot and also highly inaccurate anyway.

covcity4life

You said:

'It can't be the players, look at Venus and Slade, now look at Robins'.

My point:

The players were shit under Mowbray too (who you class is a good manager), they were also shit under Robins for the first 3 games. Therefore, more than likely some players have clearly upped their game with the upcoming final.

I really hope you enjoy the final too, but saying I know nothing about football is a cheapshot and also highly inaccurate anyway.

Just look at your track record. Murphy. Slade. Not great is it? You let hate dictate your feelings. If you didnt you would be a quality poster.

If we lose every game after final i will admit i was wrong . I am not saying i know everything about this season. I just have my opinions and i feel its dosn to management. Look at last 2 games. Its not just player effort. Its tactics too.

I hope you do same if we dont go back to normal after final.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just look at your track record. Murphy. Slade. Not great is it? You let hate dictate your feelings. If you didnt you would be a quality poster.

If we lose every game after final i will admit i was wrong . I am not saying i know everything about this season. I just have my opinions and i feel its dosn to management. Look at last 2 games. Its not just player effort. Its tactics too.

I hope you do same if we dont go back to normal after final.

Hold on a minute. That's two things only. Firstly, most people agreed when Slade was appointed he was the right choice given our prediciment and his relevent experience, all I did was echo those thoughts. It turned out wrong. Secondly, Murphy I really disliked, but that's just one opinion.

Your track record this season:

1) Our squad is better than last season
2) Mowbray will win the next game
3) We will get promoted
4) (At christmas) We will still hit playoffs

I'm not going to turn round based on the above and say you know nothing about football, but I will say this:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, that's football, we love it. We can disagree on many things, but some views are different, and some people are more optimistic than others. Being a city fan, i'm incredibly pessimistic. I just see some players who have perfomed dreadfully all season, and it does feel like a coincidence that suddenly they've started making a lot more effort.

I certainly agree that Robins has an effect, and I think he'll probably keep them motivated until the end of the season, which is good (albiet too late), but I wholeheartedly believe the reason we are getting relegated is mainly a combination of the players not being good enough (recruitment), and them simply not putting in the requried effort needed.

covcity4life

We were 5 pts playoffs ubder venus so i was right we COULD make playoffs. Im always an optimist, If only we had got a manager in as soon as venus started losing

Also stand by.mowbray. that 1 will never be proven because he left us and that i am angry about. I speak out vs slade and was proven right evsntho ppl hate to admit it

But i respect your opinion on why we r getting relegated. Better articulated than mowbray is shit thats for sure

For me its down to not having a proper manager for over 20 league games

Guess we wi have to agree to disagree or maybe even take a little.on board from each other. Stranger things have happened lol

Gazolba

I see Oxford won 5-1 tonight.

Sharpening their teeth for Wembley perhaps?
Not sharpening them, wearing them out. I'm expecting us to beat them.

Great_Expectations

RCC
DKE Willis Turnbull Stokes
Bigi Stevenson
G Thomas Lameries Reid
Beavon

As posters have previously mentioned, it's a massive (bobble free) pitch with lots of space to be found, so using the more creative players we have could be beneficial. Reid has been awful all season and its incredibly frustrating he's just finding form now. Part of me would drop him for that very reason, but if he's finding form it is wise to drop him for such a big match? Plus pace will be important and our only other pace player - Jones - is awful.

Although for the sake of consistency I think he'll go:

Burge
DKE Willis Turnbull Haynes
G Thomas Bigi Reilly Reid
K Thomas Beavon

You'll Never Beat McPake

Need to use the width of Wembley with overlapping fullbacks and good crossers of the ball. Keep RCC in goal.
RCC
DKE---Willis---Turnbull---Stokes
Stevenson---Reilly---Haynes
GThomas---Beavon---Reid

Subs. Burge; Harries, Lameiras, Jones, Bigi, K Thomas,

steve82

My team for Wembley.
----------------RCC-----------------
--DKE--Willis/Harries--Stokes--Haynes--
---------Bigirimana---Reilly-----------
--G Thomas---Lameries-----Reid----
----------------Beavon -----------------
Turnbull has been pathetic as a player, lacks any strength and is all to easily shrugged off the ball for a central defender. So I'd put Chris Stokes in alongside a hopefully fit Jordan Willis or Cian Harries if Willis fails to make it. RCC over Burge who has looked ok in his last two games, and Lameries in and Kwame Thomas to come on for him. I'm to on the opinion that the pitch and occasion is set for a player of Lameries style to pick a pass on a big pitch. He's not a winger, but put him in the 10 and he's more at home. I think George Thomas will have a big game and finally get a good goal tally his efforts this year have been deserving of.

steve82

Willis over stretched hip. Should be fine for sunday i heard

Ok, if that's the case I'd go...
----------------RCC-----------------
---DKE---Willis---Harries---Stokes---
---------Bigirimana---Reilly-----------
--G Thomas---Lameries-----Reid----
----------------Beavon -----------------
Harsh on Ryan Haynes but he's frailties defensively and it could dent his confidence badly on a big stage. I'd bring him on for Reid after 65 mins or so to run at Oxford in a more advanced role.
Providing Bigi's baby holds out, if he's to miss out Stevenson slots in for me.

dongonzalos

......................Burge....................
DKE---Willis---Turnbull---Haynes
................Bigi---Reilly---............
Jones......G Thomas.........Reid
...............--Beavon--...............

Subs. RCC; Harries, Lameiras,, Stevenson K Thomas, YAK. FAV. Stokes

Nick

Administrator
Robins will only change what needs changing. If Willis in injured could be a challenge but if not Turnbull will play and Kelly Evans as the changes from Saturday.

I predict the team will play better than most games this season. They want new clubs.

To cap the whole farce I also predict a penalty shoot out and Burge emerging triumphant.

Burge will be on the bench won't he?

Users who are viewing this thread