Wembley oversized Library ? (1 Viewer)

thaiskyblue

Watching the game last night i was puzzled at the lack of noise, singing, atmostsphere, a crowd of 85,934 sounded like sick fields at times . apart from the terrible band, the few German's mocking us with " football's coming home ", do you get ejected for singing, shush !, I went to lots of England games at Wembley in the late 70's and early 80's and the view was awefull but the buzz and atmostsphere was brilliant, is this another sign of "modern day football", two team scarfs , crap annoying bands , the prawn sandwich brigade. :thinking about:

Hobo

It is seats isn't it? It turns people into armchair critics and commentators. Also the cramped position doesn't let the diaphragm breath.

The only good thing is people no longer piss down the back of your leg.

Gint11

I went awhile back to watch us there against Wales and the atmosphere was awful. I cant actually put my finger on why.

torchomatic

The word "library" should never be used in derogatory terms...

ccfctommy

Went to the Montenegro game. 2nd new Wembley visit. Nice ground but no atmosphere what so ever. Doubt I'll go again unless City get to a Final of some sort.

CJ_covblaze

It's always been bad there. Could be that there are so many people that go to a game once a year. Lack of continuity normally leads to a lack of atmosphere. Away games are good win, lose or draw.

bringbackrattles

Nearly all big stadiums have zero atmosphere I find,Emirates,Old Trafford,Wembley,to name just three.
Grounds years back that had the best atmosphere were the smaller compact one's.
Then again who can get excited watching our national team ?

torchomatic

The Ricoh? There's number four.

Nearly all big stadiums have zero atmosphere I find,Emirates,Old Trafford,Wembley,to name just three.
Grounds years back that had the best atmosphere were the smaller compact one's.
Then again who can get excited watching our national team ?

bringbackrattles

thaiskyblue is right I reckon as in the 70's for example the noise and atmosphere was electric at most grounds.
Especially midland derby matches,at Leicester,Stoke,Wolves,it attracted fans who were passionate about their club,which spilled over into violence but hey that was par for the course back then.fans now are passionate still ,but for many reasons they aren't so volatile maybe because of heavy handed stewards,more families,and seating etc.

pusbccfc

don't think it the size of the crowd, it's the people in that crowd, the people who attend now are more likely to be familly's and roy keanes favourite bunch the prawn sandwich brigade a different kind of audience.

AMEN.

The Ricoh was quiet because only a small minority in the corner wanted to sing.
Look at the JPT nights, people sung and it was loud even with 12000.

Users who are viewing this thread