Wembley Omens (1 Viewer)

SonofErnie

In 1987 John Sillett said that our name was on the cup and famously made the coach driver go on a detour to find a second Magpie. Brian Kilcline then took a Sky Blue garter from the leg of a newly married Bride at the team's hotel in Marlowe.

Has anyone got any omens of their own for this weekend? I'll kick off with a couple. This morning a van with CheckaTrade.com on the side was parked outside my house and my son has been to every round as I did in 1987. A bit tenuous but I'll take anything at the moment!

malkitccfc

my 5th time of going to Wembley and on the four previous occasions my team has lost (not that I consider Shrewsbury, Barcelona and Brazil my teams) My luck has to change sometime. I'm confident of victory and i'm the glass half empty sort of person

skybluesam66

a lad at work who is generally quite a shrewd tipster put £10 on us at 33/1 at the beginning
he has been telling me from the start its our year - he is a man u fan so apart from me has no connection with city

and the biggest one of all - The year ends in 7

67 Div 2 champions
77 Last day survival v B city
87 FA cup
97 Last day survival v spurs
07 Saved (so we thought at the time ) by SISU
17 Checkatrade trophy winners

malkitccfc

a lad at work who is generally quite a shrewd tipster put £10 on us at 33/1 at the beginning
he has been telling me from the start its our year - he is a man u fan so apart from me has no connection with city

67 Div 2 champions
87 FA cup
97 Last day survical v spurs

can't wait for 2027

Alkhen

grasping as straws...I shaved my beard off, we haven't been remotely successful since the late 90s, which was probably the last period I was fully clean shaven.

also yesterday i put my foot clean through a skyblue sock, ripped to shreds it was. I really hope that's not a bad omen.

I am in no way superstitious more a creature of habbit but I actually I had a pair of checker skyblue and navy socks, like the two tone pattern. I wore them to every match I went to for years but I threw them away before the semi-final as i realised as well as being older than both my kids, if they were cosmically affecting the results they were doing a horrendous job of it.

rob9872

I'm really looking forward to the occasion and for my daughter's sake I do hope we win, but in reality I couldn't give a flying either way. I know it's a reflection of where we are right now and actually soon to slide even further, but I still feel this is Mickey Mouse and beneath us. Just happy to see a sea of Sky Blue at Wembley, which is something I thought that I would never see again.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

67 Div 2 champions
87 FA cup
97 Last day survival v spurs
And not forgetting in the 70s the Sky Blues played in Europe !!!

ccfc_ukr

on friday at work a tube or smarties was doing the rounds and the first two that came out were blue. On sunday morning i went to my towel draw and the towel on top was a sky blue one (the only blue one we have)... probs all a load of cod but i must admit i did have a quietly confident feeling on the drive down!

Users who are viewing this thread