Wembley kick off time unkown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
Well, no, I'm not saying it does. But my point was we don't 100% know any of the details yet.

100% at Wembley though!

giphy.gif

I think that was actually me after the 2nd but without the flip.

Paper everywhere.

Skyblueweeman

Yep. Jumped the gun for sure, but what the hell. It's only money and it's all on my wife's debit card*

*Please don't tell her.

She's already annoyed with me for going.

I told her I was going to Wembley and she said I shouldn't go as she was in Russia on that day and I said 'well you shouldn't go to Russia then,' to which she replied, 'but it's my mum and dad's 50th wedding anniversary' to which I replied. 'Yeah, but this is the Checkatrade Trophy final and this is much more important.'

Quite quiet in our house at the moment.

So please don't let her know about the debit card. Cheers. :)

Hope you get that one sorted Otis. I was speaking to wife last night whilst heading up to Manchester after the game and she confirmed she's on a hen do that weekend. Result!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Hope you get that one sorted Otis. I was speaking to wife last night whilst heading up to Manchester after the game and she confirmed she's on a hen do that weekend. Result!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's sorted. My daughter will be home alone. She is nearly 13 though and a really sensible kid.

Wife overreacts and of course is totally against that.

She is a great kid and is so looking forwards to having the house to herself.

Wife flies out on the 1st. Wembley is obviously the 2nd.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep. Jumped the gun for sure, but what the hell. It's only money and it's all on my wife's debit card*

*Please don't tell her.

She's already annoyed with me for going.

I told her I was going to Wembley and she said I shouldn't go as she was in Russia on that day and I said 'well you shouldn't go to Russia then,' to which she replied, 'but it's my mum and dad's 50th wedding anniversary' to which I replied. 'Yeah, but this is the Checkatrade Trophy final and this is much more important.'

Quite quiet in our house at the moment.

So please don't let her know about the debit card. Cheers. :)

I've just booked more tickets for an earlier train in case it is 2:30 Ko! I'd be too stressed about getting across in 52 minutes!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

SISU SHOULD STEP IN IMMEDIATELY WITH COURT ACTION.

scubasteve

Why get the train to euston then tube back out? I have always either got the virgin train to watford then over ground to Wembley central. Or got the train to leamington then direct to Wembley stadium with chiltern.

Been wembley 20+ times, maybe I have been doing it wrong but I thought it was quicker this route.

Otis

Why get the train to euston then tube back out? I have always either got the virgin train to watford then over ground to Wembley central. Or got the train to leamington then direct to Wembley stadium with chiltern.

Been wembley 20+ times, maybe I have been doing it wrong but I thought it was quicker this route.
Yeah, just not many Virgin trains stop at Watford Junction from Coventry.

We get the train to London almost every week and I would say only about 1 in 10 of them stop at Watford Junction.

London Midland ones, yes, but those trains are so much slower and on Sunday even slower still.

scubasteve

I always thought most virgin trains stopped at watford. Especially on a Sunday as the trains are slower due to more stops.
Anyway always done it that way saves 15-20mins extra into central London and not having to walk from euston station to euston square. Then its usually on 15 mins to Wembley central from watford on the overground.

withnail

Leam was a straight no change to Wembley Stadium but it appears it's not anymore.
Tried looking it up and there's a change. Weird, I'm sure it used to.

Otis

I always thought most virgin trains stopped at watford. Especially on a Sunday as the trains are slower due to more stops.
Anyway always done it that way saves 15-20mins extra into central London and not having to walk from euston station to euston square. Then its usually on 15 mins to Wembley central from watford on the overground.
You may be right. I hardly ever go to London on a Sunday, it is nearly always midweek.

scubasteve

Leam was a straight no change to Wembley Stadium but it appears it's not anymore.
Tried looking it up and there's a change. Weird, I'm sure it used to.

It was stopped for a while with bus replacement, i think it was for repairs ( landslide rings a bell but don't quote me on that). But it was running no stops in October when I went to Wembley for the nfl as it was cheaper that weekend than virgin to watford route.

no_loyalty

I'm fucked, my credit card has gone AWOL, now waiting for funds to be transfered to my bank account but won't be available until Friday, so can't book train until then prices are already rising, so assuming the price won't come back down?

withnail

Definately no direct train from leam to wembley anymore.
No drama, just weird they've changed it.

Otis

I'm fucked, my credit card has gone AWOL, now waiting for funds to be transfered to my bank account but won't be available until Friday, so can't book train until then prices are already rising, so assuming the price won't come back down?
You should be okay. May just need to get a later train home and an earlier one going, but I think you should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread