Wembley in the EFL (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

If we reached Wembley again in this competition how many fans do you think we would take - I say less than 10,000 and less than 500 tomorrow MK

Liquid Gold

think he means come close. what was playoff? 34k? checkatrade was 40 something?
Checkatrade was 40 something but our first visit in a generation, that dropped to mid 30s for a playoff final no way it's going up to 40k again, he didn't say come close he said "we'll take 40k"

covcity4life

Checkatrade was 40 something but our first visit in a generation, that dropped to mid 30s for a playoff final no way it's going up to 40k again, he didn't say come close he said "we'll take 40k"
yeah he did say that, i just think thats what he meant lol

i would predict 30k plus for any leasing,com final

Joe

We didn't take 40k for a playoff final. What makes you think we'd take 40k in a nothing competition on our 3rd visit in 4 years?
We took 40k last time we won the competition in 2017. Probs get about 30-40k this time if we get there

chiefdave

The playoffs only had a few days to sell tickets which probably stopped us hitting 40K. Reckon if we got there again, in any competition, we could shift 30K or more.

pastythegreat

I think it entirely depends, a number of factors are at play. If were in the running to go a month later in the play offs then maybe people would put preference to that. Also, opposition will make a difference, I doubt many more than 15k would travel to watch us play Brighton U23s

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Only a 'low' figure if it against an U23s team - otherwise we'd top 30k (everybody loves a day out)

ceetee

I went to Wembley for the Checkatrade final because I was a ST supporter and, at my age, thought it might be my only chance of going to a Wembley final.

I went to Wembley for the Play-off final because I was a ST supporter and, at my age, thought it might be my last chance of going to a Wembley final.

For the same reasons I would go to another if I am still fit and able

pusbccfc

Biggest factor would be the price.

25 quid a ticket, we'd sell 35k.

45+ and we'd sell 25k.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Biggest factor would be the price.

25 quid a ticket, we'd sell 35k.

45+ and we'd sell 25k.
I don’t wish to sound all ‘considerably richer than yow’ — but would £20 a ticket really put that many off a trip to Wembley? I mean it’s not like it (usually) happens more than once every 20 years or so, and £20 isn’t that much compared to the cost of travel, food, possibly beer and hotel.

it would take a fair bit more than £20 to put me off (obviously I’d moan like f*ck about the extortionate cost, but I’d still pay it!).

pusbccfc

I don’t wish to sound all ‘considerably richer than yow’ — but would £20 a ticket really put that many off a trip to Wembley? I mean it’s not like it (usually) happens more than once every 20 years or so, and £20 isn’t that much compared to the cost of travel, food, possibly beer and hotel.

it would take a fair bit more than £20 to put me off (obviously I’d moan like f*ck about the extortionate cost, but I’d still pay it!).

For our bandwagon fans, 20 quid is enough to put them off.

We've only ever really sold well at the Ricoh when the tickets are cheap.

HerneBayGaz

We would still take 30k plus. And all the daytrippers will be out complaining that season ticket holders get 6 tickets each. And swearing their allegiance to the club that they haven't missed a game in 20-years... some things never change.

TTG

Add a poll saying would you come.if we got to the final. Who would say I cba to go.to wembley with my club?

TTG

Also can we just take a minute to talk about the programme
£10.
TEN F*CKING QUIDDS
U AVIN A LAUGH
I mean who wouldn't buy it but £10 for a programme?.really?

Sky Blue Harry H

MK tomorrow. Wilson, Watson, Drysdale, Williams/Breen, Mason, Eccles, O'Hare, Shipley, Kastaneer, Hiwula, Baka

ccfcway

Also can we just take a minute to talk about the programme
£10.
TEN F*CKING QUIDDS
U AVIN A LAUGH
I mean who wouldn't buy it but £10 for a programme?.really?

any news on the size of font ?, we could get the supporters group on the case

Brylowes

If we reached Wembley again in this competition how many fans do you think we would take - I say less than 10,000 and less than 500 tomorrow MK
Less than 10000 “really” genuinely interested to find out what makes you think that ?

Reactions: TTG

covboy1987

Less than 10000 “really” genuinely interested to find out what makes you think that ?

Been a ST holder for many years - ST holder at St Andrews and most of the away games so pick up on the vibe - The vibe seems to be that nobody really interested in the EFL cup - lets see how many go to MK today as we took 6,000 to the last MK game and 9,000 before that - The final is normally in April and if there was an announcement of a new stadium build start date or a return to the Ricoh then that might change things - but also getting the vibe that our following is starting to dwindle - went to Sunderland and we did not sell out, Peterborough the same -pathetic turnout for the Ipswich FA cup game - The club think that they can continue to run this most of the time in silence and everyone will just put up with things - realistically we are losing fans by the week and the club need to act quickly hence the reason the 10000 estimates for Wembley if we get there -

Users who are viewing this thread