Wembley Gathering (1 Viewer)

PurpleBin

I remember last year being a massive anti climax on the Saturday night. All sorts of talk of taking over Trafalgar Square and so on but in reality, it was a bit drab other than a few bits in Camden.

Would be good to see if we could get a bit of a gathering together...maybe a pub around Trafalgar/Covent Garden...see if we can get some interest, get together, have a drink and a bit of a laugh.

Marty

It was a massive anti climax, plenty of ccfc fans dotted about in the bars but no massive coming together. Would be great to see, I think we're heading to trafalgar square again this year.

PurpleBin

Yeah Sunday night....night before.

The Admiralty is right on the square. Not a great pub as such but location wise can't be beaten. There is a spoons further down towards Downing Street as well.

thejinkingSakamoto

Myself and five mates are all going down on the Sunday, similarly to last year when we went on the Saturday. We also found it to be a bit of an anticlimax and ended up in Camden where it was ok. Would be good if like has been mentioned if we meet in Covent Garden or Trafalgar Square instead of all being dotted about. Both have good drinking spots.

Covstu

Going down Sunday and coming back Tuesday. Last visit was very poor at night, couldn't believe how many pubs were actually closed!

PurpleBin

Going down Sunday and coming back Tuesday. Last visit was very poor at night, couldn't believe how many pubs were actually closed!

Was that by Wembley or in Central? We went straight back and were in a pub by Euston with a few other Cov.

Covstu

Was that by Wembley or in Central? We went straight back and were in a pub by Euston with a few other Cov.
that's where we ended up, we went down Baker Street and it was all closed so we ended up in a real ale place next to Euston. night fizzled out really

ccfchoi87

Was shit, I dropped one of my cans and it went everywhere. That's the main reason.

To be fair, it was thousands of city fans stood about drinking cans in the sun from what I remember.

Yeah with the added bonus of not having to queue at a bar. I'll be doing the same this year.

Covstu

Was shit, I dropped one of my cans and it went everywhere. That's the main reason.

To be fair, it was thousands of city fans stood about drinking cans in the sun from what I remember.
we did the same, the pub was rammed but there was an offy two doors down so we just did the rounds from there. £4.50 for a 4 pack instead of £20 for 4 pints! no-one was bothered

Nick

Administrator
we did the same, the pub was rammed but there was an offy two doors down so we just did the rounds from there. £4.50 for a 4 pack instead of £20 for 4 pints! no-one was bothered

It might have been the same one, I remember it was by a public toilet.

Went from the pub to the offy and through an alley and was in the fan zone. Happy days.

Covstu

making me smile about what everyone did, we were probably all in the same place for most of the day but don't know each other!!

Nick

Administrator
There were also a few footballs flying about, mainly just drunk people kicking them up in the air to see where they go.

Usually followed by "How's your touch" and "head's up" and then watching random drunk people take a touch or header it.

Users who are viewing this thread