Wembley Final from a Southampton fan (1 Viewer)

Paul chuckle

Firstly congratulations on making the final. When Southampton got there in 2010 it was the turning point for us. We won that and never looked back. Fingers crossed its the same scenario for you as well.

Reason I'm on here is to give you some ticket details from when we got to the football league trophy final....

We got allocated 44000 tickets which is the maximum any club can have at Wembley due to segregation. Carlise who we played only sold 25000 tickets and we asked for some of their allocation. We were told due to segregation it wasn't possible to get any more.

We sold all our 44000 and its believed that there were also about 10000 of our fans in club Wembley seats too. Because it's not a really desirable final for corporates the prices were reasonable and loads available. So this may be another option for fans.

We were allocated 2 tickets per season ticket holder. I think we had about 15000 season ticket holders back then.

Hopefully this assists in some way.

Im off to Wembley myself in just over 2 weeks. We only get 32000 tickets for the league cup final so make the most of being able to have so many fans at Wembley.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck

Ryan

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Firstly congratulations on making the final. When Southampton got there in 2010 it was the turning point for us. We won that and never looked back. Fingers crossed its the same scenario for you as well.

Reason I'm on here is to give you some ticket details from when we got to the football league trophy final....

We got allocated 44000 tickets which is the maximum any club can have at Wembley due to segregation. Carlise who we played only sold 25000 tickets and we asked for some of their allocation. We were told due to segregation it wasn't possible to get any more.

We sold all our 44000 and its believed that there were also about 10000 of our fans in club Wembley seats too. Because it's not a really desirable final for corporates the prices were reasonable and loads available. So this may be another option for fans.

We were allocated 2 tickets per season ticket holder. I think we had about 15000 season ticket holders back then.

Im off to Wembley myself in just over 2 weeks. We only get 32000 tickets for the league cup final so make the most of being able to have so many fans at Wembley.

Good luck

Ryan

Is it true winning the Checkatrade trophy (JPT, Autoglass etc) trophy is the greatest achievement of any club & it we win it we get a place into next seasons Champions league?

Good luck in a couple of weeks!!

Paul chuckle

Is it true winning the Checkatrade trophy (JPT, Autoglass etc) trophy is the greatest achievement of any club & it we win it we get a place into next seasons Champions league?

Good luck in a couple of weeks!!

Thank you we need all the luck we can get

It gives you the opportunity to chant "Johnston Paint Trophy, you'll never win that" (in our case) to the bigger clubs every season.

It's a great day out

pusbccfc

Top man. Will never forget the day we were relegated and you were promoted. Stunning atmosphere and brilliant solidarity.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It was a great day and your fans were first class. Your sang till the very end and applauded our team at the end.

You don't deserve to be where you are and will be back. Win the FL Trophy and use it as the momentum like we done

We will use the momentum to try and stave off relegation to the conference in 12 months time!!

no_loyalty

It was a great day and your fans were first class. Your sang till the very end and applauded our team at the end.

You don't deserve to be where you are and will be back. Win the FL Trophy and use it as the momentum like we done

Thanks Ryan for your kind words, bet you are so glad you didn't end up with the poison Sisu.

Have fond memories of the dell, remember getting in for £2 back in the 90's on my sunday league team trip

Best of luck against man U

Paxman II

Thank you for making the effort to come on here and let us know. Always had a soft spot for Saints. You've done really well down there...must be glad SISU gave up on you and instead came to ruin us!

wingy

It was.
Think there was a wedding proposal on the pitch.
Managed to smuggle six or seven little banners in which I'd been up till 1am painting slogans on while knocking back a bottle of red. Hehe!
Then pre match in the Pub you lads tought us one or two Skate songs. :p

lifeskyblue

Good luck against Man Utd. Like others I would love to see a mourinho losing face and a list of excuses and injustices.
You seem now to have a well run club sadly a contrast to ours. Unfortunately we are likely to drop further before we get back (or we might fold).

PUSB

Paul chuckle

Thank you for the kind words. Glad I've managed to help. Always thought us and you are the similar sized clubs.

We were very lucky to avoid SISU and end up with Marcus Liebheer er buying us. I never thought we'd get back to the PL so there is always hope. To think we are all moaning about Puel and we are in a cup final, when a few years ago we didn't have a penny to even pay a manager.

Hopefully we can get a result in the final but without Van Dijk it's going to be hard. Plus Mourinho always seems to do well in this cup.....

The Reverend Skyblue

Saints fans are a class act in general, yes every club has its brainless morons,but the ones I talk to on other sites are knowledgable and friendly and encouraging. That day when we got relegated you were simply fantastic and because of that the day will stick in my memory forever.
You have been through what we have and never gave up hope that one day things would get better, and I'm sure one day things will get better for us even if we have to play in league bloody two for a season or two. A special bond was made that day and hopefully we will play each other again in the Prem, probably in the year of our Lord 2026, amen
Good luck and thanks for coming on here wth your advice and best wishes

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, your fortunes changing was more about being bought by a Swiss billionaire happy to splash the cash as opposed to the JPT win!

Here's hoping it can give us a boost though. Always liked the relationship between Saints and Cov but although I used to work for Saints, I'm more of a Pompey person than Saints...sorry mate! Only as a live closer to Pompey and have a lot of Skate fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rob9872

Of course I dislike other local sides and those with awful fans like Millwall and Leeds, but for some completely irrational reason I've always had a soft spot for some clubs and disliked others. Saints, Charlton, Newcastle and Wednesday I like, Sunderland, Sheffield United and Cardiff I dislike. Guess I'm just weird!

robbiethemole

Didn't festa also use winning this cup as a springboard to better things like saints, but oh they didn't have fecking SISU as owners

Sky Blue Harry H

Always liked Saints - mainly because of a few decent days out travelling to the Dell. Remember making a last minute decision to drive down for one game, pulling up at the traffic lines and glance at the car opposite me, and it was one of their players - the Moroccan lad, Hassan Kachloul (had to google his name) - pretty sure it was close to the Chippo, Hadji era (but someone will correct me!). I wanted to give him a frosty, hard stare, but instead smiled and waved!

Monners

I know the city well. A couple of my Cov mates live there. Always a good place to go out in and good fans (never seen us win there mind)

Paul chuckle

Remember you beating us at the Dell in the 97/98 season. Ball bounced over our left back Lee Todd's head and Huckerby ran on to it to score. You won 0-2.

Was always jealous of some of the signings you made in the mid to late 90s. You were bringing in some quality players where as anyone more than a million and we weren't interested

Good luck

Ryan

Greetings from a city fan who moved from Earlsdon to Soton in 1986. In some ways there are some similarities between Cov and Soton. Saints came close to being taken over by Shitsu and could well have ended up being shafted like CCFC. Your current owners had the foresight to invest in the team with £1 million signings like Ricky Lambert. They also had a more than half competent manager like Nigel Adkins. I must confess that I attended the recent Saints v Arsenal fa cup game with my son, largely out of utter frustration with ccfc. I have probably only been to St Marys/ the Dell around 10 times in 30 years as I have clung on in the vain hope that CCFC would come good but of course things have gone from bad to worse. The other bum note is that the EFL Trophy final is the same day as my wedding anniversary so I will have to rack up plenty of brownie points beforehand if I am to have any chance of going. I wish this Wmbley final could be a turning point for us but I feel that is likely to be wishful thinking

Users who are viewing this thread