Wembley countdown diary thread (1 Viewer)

oakey

So excited. This thread is for all those like me who can't wait and need to be doing something productive ... so getting ready for Wembley. Please join in with your daily, hourly, updates on how you are preparing.
Tuesday, 9pm.
Tickets for block 233 purchased yesterday. Train booked.
After work today I went through my stock of City shirts. Always amazed how many I have. Selected 3 stripey ones (I hate stripes!). I selected the most recent one from 2 seasons ago and remembered that I wore it last time at Wembley so that makes it,
Stripey, tick
Lucky, tick
Like the ones the team will wear, tick
Fits, tick.

Decided it was a bit creased so got the iron out and did a slow, careful, cool iron. Hanging up it now takes pride of place in warm front bedroom. It looks so good I decided to iron some jeans that matched it most and have hung those next to it! Got carried away and went through my sock drawer and found the most lightweight, closest to jeans matching socks. I have hung those up too on the shirt. Excellent.
Now I have to consider shoes so need some time to ponder that.

Do you think I am losing my mind?
PUSB

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

So excited.

PUSB

giphy.gif

itsabuzzard

So excited. This thread is for all those like me who can't wait and need to be doing something productive ... so getting ready for Wembley. Please join in with your daily, hourly, updates on how you are preparing.
Tuesday, 9pm.
Tickets for block 233 purchased yesterday. Train booked.
After work today I went through my stock of City shirts. Always amazed how many I have. Selected 3 stripey ones (I hate stripes!). I selected the most recent one from 2 seasons ago and remembered that I wore it last time at Wembley so that makes it,
Stripey, tick
Lucky, tick
Like the ones the team will wear, tick
Fits, tick.

Decided it was a bit creased so got the iron out and did a slow, careful, cool iron. Hanging up it now takes pride of place in warm front bedroom. It looks so good I decided to iron some jeans that matched it most and have hung those next to it! Got carried away and went through my sock drawer and found the most lightweight, closest to jeans matching socks. I have hung those up too on the shirt. Excellent.
Now I have to consider shoes so need some time to ponder that.

PUSB
Gripping stuff.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

oakey

Tuesday 11.35pm.
Settled on some blue shoes but these need a clean tomorrow evening.
Undies? I think the flesh coloured ones will be ideal as I don't want any builder's bum or waistband showing and those don't ride up or create a wedgie.
Travel light with everything shoved in pockets or take a drawstring CCFC bag?:banghead:
Money, tickets, phone, keys, flag, sunglasses?:nailbiting:
Will sleep on this decision. :angelic:

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

When's the next instalment? I can't bear the suspense!
Wednesday 11.35pm.
Settled on some blue shoes but these need a clean tomorrow evening.
Undies? I think the flesh coloured ones will be ideal as I don't want any builder's bum or waistband showing and those don't ride up or create a wedgie.
Travel light with everything shoved in pockets or take a drawstring CCFC bag?.
Money, tickets, phone, keys, flag, sunglasses?
Will sleep on this decision

Liquid Gold

I'm going to try and not think about the game during the week by obsessing about ticket sales and when we get to the weekend I'll turn into a nervous wreck.

oakey

:woot:Wednesday 7pm
Exhausted by work and lack of sleep. Since Friday night I don't seem able to drop off. First 2 nights buzzing and couldn't get, "We've got Michael Doyle," song out of my head. Woke up still playing it in my head until Monday. Now full of nervous energy.
Decided to wear another pair of trousers as it is going to be hot, bit lighter and looser and more generous pockets for keys etc.
Sunglasses, not sure whether to wear cheap everyday pair I use in the car or the smart Ray Banns :woot:
Tickets haven't come yet but not worried as I only ordered them on Monday.
Good news the stock of sky blue body paint arrived on a lorry and have been safely loaded across the entrance to my and next door's drive. He's a cockney so probably used to random shit left in the road, so he won't mind.
Off to clean the shoes now and let them dry in the sun.

Johnnythespider

:woot:Wednesday 7pm
Exhausted by work and lack of sleep. Since Friday night I don't seem able to drop off. First 2 nights buzzing and couldn't get, "We've got Michael Doyle," song out of my head. Woke up still playing it in my head until Monday. Now full of nervous energy.
Decided to wear another pair of trousers as it is going to be hot, bit lighter and looser and more generous pockets for keys etc.
Sunglasses, not sure whether to wear cheap everyday pair I use in the car or the smart Ray Banns :woot:
Tickets haven't come yet but not worried as I only ordered them on Monday.
Good news the stock of sky blue body paint arrived on a lorry and have been safely loaded across the entrance to my and next door's drive. He's a cockney so probably used to random shit left in the road, so he won't mind.
Off to clean the shoes now and let them dry in the sun.
How are you managing to keep us updated with all this riveting info and hold down a full time job. Consider my mind boggled and my belief beggared

Warwickhunt

going nowhere as of yet! tickets not arrived yet ordered them saturday at 12:30pm

BrizzolSkyBlue

oakey - you deserve an award for this thread. Especially your very gripping instalments! Personally I'm very calm about the whole thing.

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ring Of Steel

Wednesday 23rd May

Wake up and check for latest ticket sales, still agonising on which shirt to wear. Currently edging towards 1987/88 Hummel.

1987/88 Hummel gets ruled out by huge gut leakage, look at 2004/2005 ‘last season at HR number’. Gut leakage smaller but still potentially embarrassing.

Check Twitter, Cov Telegraph and CCFC website for ticket news

Decide that this years top is the only one that reveals low enough amounts of belly

Check websites again

Get bollocking for failing to do anything supposed to do due to checking websites and trying on tops

Feel mildly sick when tickets fail to arrive

Wonder who our penalty takers would be

Wonder if shorts are acceptable or make me look stupid

Check for ticket news

Try to get on Exeter forum for ‘the bants’ and get rejected

Going to get drunk to make the day end faster

oakey

Wednesday 9pm,
Shoes dry and ready. Complicating things is having to prepare and pack for holiday, driving to Wales on Friday, going to Wembley on Monday and back to Wales. Do I come home in between? If so do I take all my gear or leave it here hanging up nicely, ready to wear? Logistical nightmare. If we win I will need a few City shirts to wear in Wales. Is it tempting fate to pack them? Shall I hang them up here? Should I wear them if we lose or will that just depress me on my holiday?
Decisions, decisions.

Somerset Sky Blue

Like many - tickets, travel and accommodation booked.
Noticed a similar problem to others - old t-shirts are shrinking, so I havec decided to treat myself to a new t-shirt (apologies, only wear the shirt when playing very badly with some other old gits on a Thursday), so gone for a sky blue shirt with ccfc (Scrabble style). Already arrived - ready to be packed!

win9nut

Torn between 1997-98 Purple & Yellow, the 2012/13 Yellow (that I wore to the Checkatrade Trophy final), or this seasons home...

I said to my Dad the 1997/98 away would come out if we beat Notts County at their gaff, so I think I’d better stick with that... Or should I...

Meantime, my boss is f&%king annoyed with the 10 tonnes of f&%k all I’ve done this week!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Lords today - relax and drink
Work tomorrow
Wedding on Saturday in Bath
Travel on Sunday

A bit to take my mind off things, I am worrying that we will take the game lightly which Notts County did on us, the fan thing may galvanize Exeter, even though they finished above us they could use to motivate. I need less worry and thinking time and come Monday, we need that first goal to be ours again.

itsabuzzard

Torn between 1997-98 Purple & Yellow, the 2012/13 Yellow (that I wore to the Checkatrade Trophy final), or this seasons home...

I said to my Dad the 1997/98 away would come out if we beat Notts County at their gaff, so I think I’d better stick with that... Or should I...

Meantime, my boss is f&%king annoyed with the 10 tonnes of f&%k all I’ve done this week!
What's wrong with your boss? Ten tonnes sounds like you've been very productive!

Sbarcher

How many days left?
1-2-3-4.......wohhhhhhohwoh etc

Bumberclart

Since the win at Meadow Lane I've been locked in negotiations with Mrs B.
On Monday we were supposed to be heading off for a Mon-Fri break in a cottage in Co Durham.

After a lot of housework and general mix of creawling and sulking, my Monday will look like this-
07:00 - The whole family leave the house in Yorkshitre and head for the M1, in 2 cars.
07:30 - at the M1, I will turn turn right, the rest of the family will turn left.
12ish - Arrive at pre booked parking spot at Stanmore, take the tube to the arch.
14:15 - Take my seat with 35,000 like minded souls.
17:00 - Following the City victory lap, I leave Wembley.
17:30 - Back oin the car and hit the M1
10:30 - Arrive on holiday and commence boozing.

Jeeeezus, I'm excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread