Wembley allocation (1 Viewer)

CV3SkyBlue

Do you get loyalty points for home games?

I had a ST during the COVID season -but havent been able to get one since. Been to quite a few single tickets and a couple of away games with my Dad - but he's on 0 loyalty? Did I not link it correctly - or do you not get anything for home games?

TSx
Yes of course you do, they would have had to been bought/assigned to his account number
Am I missing something? There will be 15/16k left if its one per ST.
even out of 19.5k STH's there will be people who can't make it because of holidays, other commitments etc too.. so possibly even more than 15/16k.

Last edited:

PVA

Do you get loyalty points for home games?

I had a ST during the COVID season -but havent been able to get one since. Been to quite a few single tickets and a couple of away games with my Dad - but he's on 0 loyalty? Did I not link it correctly - or do you not get anything for home games?

TSx

Yes you do get points, you have to assign it to his account at checkout.

David O'Day

What problems?
People not being able to sit with friends.

Ticketmaster is a site that can handle stadium events by massive artists, there is no rational that is in anyway not mad to apply a process design to ration tickets when supply is limited when you haev 15k tickets than needed

skybluericoh

It just definitely won't be 2 per STH as it encourages re-sale and people who haven't followed the club turning up.

I'm looking at it slightly selfishly too as I don't have a ST this year as paying to get married took priority for me. I still have over 1000 points though through following home and away for years. Is it right that people like me miss out because Mr first time season ticket holder wants to take his Man U mate?
I doubt very much it will be two per ST. 34000 tickets 19000 ST that would be 38000 tickets - not gonna happen

djr8369

People not being able to sit with friends.

Ticketmaster is a site that can handle stadium events by massive artists, there is no rational that is in anyway not mad to apply a process design to ration tickets when supply is limited when you haev 15k tickets than needed
My experience was that it didn’t handle it very well for the PO final. It’s quite different to a stadium event as you’re picking multiple specific seats rather than just buying a ticket so Ticketmaster being able to handle the traffic isn’t really relevant. It’s also not to ration tickets so that there’s 15k spare after ST sales is also irrelevant.

Nuskyblue

My experience was that it didn’t handle it very well for the PO final. It’s quite different to a stadium event as you’re picking multiple specific seats rather than just buying a ticket so Ticketmaster being able to handle the traffic isn’t really relevant. It’s also not to ration tickets so that there’s 15k spare after ST sales is also irrelevant.
Genuinely can't remember what it was like for the PO final... Was it similar to the high priority away days i.e. log in issues and general fuckery trying to allocate a ticket?

David O'Day

it's no different and a few people having a few small issues is not a justification.

Okay, I am sorry you didn't understand. The points system is a system designed to ration tickets where demand outstrips supply. For season ticket holders the supply massively outstrips demand so there is no justification to implement it and create any issues.

djr8369

Genuinely can't remember what it was like for the PO final... Was it similar to the high priority away days i.e. log in issues and general fuckery trying to allocate a ticket?
Yes, although we were looking for 6/7 seats together which I’m sure made it more difficult.

djr8369

it's no different and a few people having a few small issues is not a justification.

Okay, I am sorry you didn't understand. The points system is a system designed to ration tickets where demand outstrips supply. For season ticket holders the supply massively outstrips demand so there is no justification to implement it and create any issues.
It’s very different as for a gig you don’t have to select a seat.

I understand perfectly. Nobody is suggesting it is needed due to demand outstripping supply but to stop every season ticket holder trying to log on at the same moment. The points you are raising have no relevance to what is being suggested.

PVA

Only just for both, and that’s assuming everyone buys two, but also I’m only pointing it out because people are saying how it will be the same as last year / last year worked well etc

They can't do 2 per ST as that would result in some season ticket holders missing out, probably to some daytrippers, which would be outrageous.

Every ST holder should be guaranteed a ticket and the only way to do that is 1 per ST.

David O'Day

It’s very different as for a gig you don’t have to select a seat.

I understand perfectly. Nobody is suggesting it is needed due to demand outstripping supply but to stop every season ticket holder trying to log on at the same moment. The points you are raising have no relevance to what is being suggested.
Lots of gigs lots people do have to select a seat.

Your points are in no way any kind of justification for overcomplicating the situation.

Nuskyblue

Yes, although we were looking for 6/7 seats together which I’m sure made it more difficult.
I think that is what we ended up getting. Maybe one of my buddies got them, I frequently was busy for buying away tickets. Whenever I did Ticketmaster normally shat it's pants so I let others organise my life

David O'Day

Carnage then. Seems more civilised this year (for the few that I've bought rather than been allocated)?
Less so really, busy aways were like that as there wasn't enough tickets to go around so you need to be on the site before 10am ready to go. Here there is plenty of tickets so there is less need to go on the b of the bang.

djr8369

Lots of gigs lots people do have to select a seat.

Your points are in no way any kind of justification for overcomplicating the situation.
It’s really not very complicated but I suppose it would confuse people who can’t login in to their accounts and understand what their points total is or are unable to interpret a calendar.

Nuskyblue

Less so really, busy aways were like that as there wasn't enough tickets to go around so you need to be on the site before 10am ready to go. Here there is plenty of tickets so there is less need to go on the b of the bang.
I'll get my people on it

djr8369

I think that is what we ended up getting. Maybe one of my buddies got them, I frequently was busy for buying away tickets. Whenever I did Ticketmaster normally shat it's pants so I let others organise my life
Ticketmaster is perfect apparently which is a surprise to me as it’s frequently criticised on here.

David O'Day

It’s really not very complicated but I suppose it would confuse people who can’t login in to their accounts and understand what their points total is or are unable to interpret a calendar.
Cool, you implement a system that is not need because you can't work a laptop.

Ok, meanwhile back in the real world.

David O'Day

Ticketmaster is perfect apparently which is a surprise to me as it’s frequently criticised on here.
Where has anyone said it is perfect? Yu were wrong so just get over it and stop throwing lies about what people have said.

Nuskyblue

I've had plenty of issues... almost exclusively on my phone though.

Managed to get in on the Southampton FA cup game at the 11th hour when they released another 300odd tickets!

chiefdave

I’m not arsed but there will be a lot of people sat next to strangers , that takes a large chunk of the days experience away! Just saying
the club have put out step by step instructions on how to add the ability to buy tickets for your mates from your own account and, assuming its one per season ticket holder, there's no reason for a mad rush as there will be plenty to go round.

David O'Day

the club have put out step by step instructions on how to add the ability to buy tickets for your mates from your own account and, assuming its one per season ticket holder, there's no reason for a mad rush as there will be plenty to go round.
Then why is the any need to implement a points system?

Users who are viewing this thread