Wembley allocation (1 Viewer)

Gynnsthetonic

Assuming they go with 1 per ST then I'm sure she'll be able to get a ticket with 200 points.

It's just whether you take the gamble of waiting till the window for her ticket opens up to get yours at the same time!
Yes hopefully, we obviously want to sit together

Skybluecol

If no general sale then loop back round to ST's again once initial sold and trust that they don't want to sell to Manure fans or touts.
Agree they need to exclude any new registered individuals, they did a good job spotting Leicester fans purchasing earlier this season.
Spot on this and very much more likely STH won't pass onto the wrong people. Much more likely that family go along with STH that don't usually go but have to put up with us going on about Cov 24/7 for the next month as the build up to the game increases each week

SkyBlueTam

If you're a Man U fan sitting in amongst 34K Coventry fans, it can't be particularly that enjoyable, it's being around your own that makes it special.

McLovin87

I remember being at Highfield Road when they were going for their first Premier League title and Denis Irwin scored it felt like an away game. Over half the ground were Man Utd, it was mental!

shmmeee

I know lots of people who are City supporters but go to very few matches but went to Wembley so I've assumed that's the sort of person people were referring to as 'daytrippers'.

Not bloody Man U supporters!

There will be a few Man Utd fans who are season ticket holders TBF

SBT

I know lots of people who are City supporters but go to very few matches but went to Wembley so I've assumed that's the sort of person people were referring to as 'daytrippers'.

Not bloody Man U supporters!
There are only so many City fans in everyone’s social circle. If you give ST holders the option to buy more than one ticket then it is inevitable they’ll bring some United fans along.

Como

I have gone to many away games with friends who support the home team, even Millwall once. I have also taken family to home games who are not regular City supporters.

I had assumed it was normal.

skybluericoh

I’m not overly fussed if the odd one is there. Imagine you’re team scoring and not been able to celebrate? Not much fun. I was in the home hospitality at the Riverside was V awkward when Hammer scored.

Liquid Gold

Tiering the away support for STH will split STH up. For example, I’m on 1,100 and my brother is on 970 points. When there’s enough tickets for all, it doesn’t make sense.
I'm sorry but why would you be split up?

If they decided to do allocations of 1000+ then 900+ you just buy yours at the 900+ window with your brother. The window wouldn't be 900-999 points.

skybluecam

Well he wants Utd to win but he’ll be happy for us to win too. Winning an fa cup semi isn’t really a big deal to Utd fans believe it or not
Climate Change Sustainability GIF by INTO ACTION

skybluecam

No he’s 50/50.

Yes you’re plastic, even my cat has 1300 points
Having a dick measuring contest over points is juvenile

Anyone who’s “50/50” over whether we get to an Fa cup final is a plastic and I’d much rather that ticket goes to a proper fan.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think they should definitely let season-ticket holders above a certain point level which they can work out buy 2. Otherwise, if they do go to general sale, you will have Man United fans trying to buy them. I don’t think anyone without a previous history of buying should be able to buy a ticket.
You’re assuming that all groups of STHs will be able to buy at the same time. I’ll be going with people who have 1500-1700+ why tier the sales to split us up or force people to wait until seats become available? Especially when there’s enough for all STHs.

It’s the same reason I couldn’t get him a ticket to a few away games. His sale window is 800+ and mine is 1,000+. He rightfully missed out but as a STH, absolutely should get equal access to the semi final.

The bottom line is that each STH should have the opportunity to purchase a SF ticket. The reason for the points system is because the demand is higher than the supply i.e. more STHs than tickets available. At Wembley, our allocation can accommodate every STH.

Last season, 37k could accompany every STH x 2 so it made sense to allow STHs buy 2 tickets. This year, with 19k+ STHs, we cannot accommodate that without risking STHs missing out. Which is clearly wrong.

Besides, if you make it x2 for STHs, there’s probably a higher risk of day trippers by either buying tickets on the resale market or surplus tickets from STHs.

Using the playoff final as a guide, STHs will get equal access but 1 ticket per supporter number and the remaining tickets available at 1 per account number.

Which is probably why they’ve sent out notices to ensure fans have their details correct and in order.

Last edited:

McLovin87

The same reason I couldn’t get him a ticket to a few away games. His sale window is 800+ and mine is 1,000+. He rightfully missed out but as a STH, absolutely should get equal access to the semi final.

The bottom line is that each STH should have the opportunity to purchase a SF ticket. The reason for the points system is because the demand is higher than the supply i.e. more STHs than tickets available. At Wembley, our allocation can accommodate every STH.

Last season, 37k could accompany every STH x 2 so it made sense to allow STHs buy 2 tickets. This year, with 19k+ STHs, we cannot accommodate that without risking STHs missing out. Which is clearly wrong.

Besides, if you make it x2 for STHs, there’s probably a higher risk of day trippers by either buying tickets on the resale market or surplus tickets from STHs.

Using the playoff final as a guide, STHs will get equal access but 1 ticket per supporter number and the remaining tickets available at 1 per account number.

Which is probably why they’ve sent out notices to ensure fans have their details correct and in order.
It is a bit of a conumdrum for the club, once they've sold to the STH's and Points holders without ST's, there will be plenty of tickets of left. Maybe they can throw them open to STH's for a second time to avoid people buying without a Purchase History!

Mucca Mad Boys

It is a bit of a conumdrum for the club, once they've sold to the STH's and Points holders without ST's, there will be plenty of tickets of left. Maybe they can throw them open to STH's for a second time to avoid people buying without a Purchase History!
I don’t have the data to hand, but think the STHs plus members, plus non-STHs with points will be close to 30-32k. Then there’s the ‘riff raff’ of previous purchase history.

I’d say the club must have around 40k people on their database.

AOM

Just keep it simple.
ST Holders
Non ST with 200+ points ( following the recent away ticket precedent)
Non ST registered before the QF was played

This seems the most sensible solution
Maybe add in an option for a 5 match package for the final 5 home games as a priority after season ticket holders.
Think that's what they did with the Checkatrade final

hamertime

No no no Boosh would never threaten violence. Up your game and treat people with kindness
Ffs can people not take a joke, they have to take everything literally.

Its like my mate didn’t turn up at wolves he owes me £100 I said to my other mate ffs I’ll kill him. It doesn’t mean I will actually kill him lol.

McLovin87

I don’t have the data to hand, but think the STHs plus members, plus non-STHs with points will be close to 30-32k. Then there’s the ‘riff raff’ of previous purchase history.

I’d say the club must have around 40k people on their database.
If we have over 34K on the database then not a problem, my gut feeling is it might be less than this. We're averaging 25K at the moment so that will be 19K season ticket holders plus 6K points holders that still leaves 9K to take it to 34K, we gained a lot of new fans over the last 2 seasons but to have 9K non STH's and people with really low points or no points seems a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, that's for the club to decide, whatever way they go someone is going to be pissed off & the only way to stop Man Utd fans in our end will be letting multiple tickets to be sold to fans at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread